Sat, Jul 6, 12:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 06 10:46 am)

Subject: Snape - ideas for improvement needed...

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 4:22 AM · edited Sat, 22 June 2024 at 10:09 AM

file_108820.jpg

I got this great heair from RDNA yesterday and it prompted me to attempt to make Snape. But there's something wrong and I can't quite pinpoint it :o( I know about the fold between the brows, but there wasn't any morph that could do just that (not that I could find anyway). I'm using M3 with the Head Sculpting expansion pack. Ideas for improvement are VERY welcome! Also an idea for a more Snape'ish texture?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

LeeEvans ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 4:34 AM

looks like the mouth should be a little narrower... not too much.. but a little and the nose should be a little wider... otherwise.. it looks great!

LeeEvans ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 4:35 AM

One more.. the eyebrows have too much of a rounded arch.. :)

TygerCub ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 4:51 AM

Eyebrows: 1) Straighten the eyebrows, starting from outer edge of the iris to the bridge of the nose. 2) Lower the eyebrows until the area near the bridge of the nose appears to almost touch the inner fold of the eye. Mouth: 1) Bring the arch of his upper lip closer together. 2) Make his bottom lip rounder in the middle, flat at the outter edges. Cheeks: The upper arch of the cheek is good, but the image shows Snape's cheeks begin to hollow out before your model. I don't have M3, so I can't help with morph names, but M2 had a couple of "narrow mouth" morphs and "stylized lips" morphs. If used together, then dial the "M" phenomorph to widden the mouth again, it may work. Very good jaw line and nose. As for texture? If you are trying to match the photo, add a base of very light orange to the "skin". If you can find a texture with a five-o-clock shadow, add a touch of blush to it, and redden the lips, and that should help get it closer to the picture. Good luck.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 4:53 AM

You're right about the eyebrows. they're wrong. The nose ridge, yes I see what you mean, Snape's is more angular. Is his face too long? I can't quite decide on that...

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 4:55 AM

A cross posted with tygerCub. Agree on your suggestions too :o) I couldn't find a morph to bring the arch of the upper lip together. I agree they're too far apart. Id' RATHER not start messing with magnets on his face L

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 4:56 AM

Oh and.. does anyone have any suggestions for a "five-o-clock"-shadowy texture?

TygerCub ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 5:05 AM

If you export the head as a morph target, you can import it into Anim8or (Anim8or.com) and move the verticies by hand. It's a free program that I use all the time for morphing so I don't have to touch magnets (I think I'm alergic to magnets (LOL)! Gotta go to work now. Good luck!

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 6:23 AM

The eybrows definitely. Yours look worried, concerned - which Snape certainly is not! LOL His look arrogant, hard. Move cheek bones up a little, less rounded. You lower lip looks petulant - like he's sticking it out. Your guy looks a few years older. Otherwise you're doing very well. :] Fish

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 9:03 AM

I dunno..the skin looks a bit dry..but he's the spittin' image of the Archangel Metatron..or maybe the bad guy from the first Die Hard..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

A_ ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 9:40 AM

i think that under "M3 Features" there's a morph called someting like "brown wrinkle" or something like that, which is just the morph you need for the fold between the brows.

elgyfu ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 9:51 AM

Wasn't Archangel Metatron in Dogma played by the same guy? Can't remember his name right now. Is it Rick Wakeman? I am useless at names.

byAnton ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 10:55 AM

file_108821.jpg

Looking really good. I would make the face more pearhshaped, tapering the top more if possible. I would make the eyes smaller and more tired and make the mouth narrower. The animation palette is great for this. Just keep making snape faces and load one at frame 0 and one at frame 60 then slide to frame 30 and save it. Keep saving and blending hybrid faces until it is perfect. It really helps alot.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 11:22 AM

file_108822.jpg

Better? I still can't get the eyebrow/forehead wrinkle right, but I think I'm getting there :o) I'm still looking for a better texture.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 11:24 AM

Oh and great idea, Anton. I didn't see your post before I posted my new attempt.

byAnton ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 11:30 AM

Cool. Do the animation palette thing. You will love it.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

Mariamus ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 1:14 PM

His name is Alan Rickman, and he did indeed play Metatron in Dogma ;) coolest exposure scene EVER! LOL

drdavis79 ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 1:52 PM

his eyes appear to slant upward in your render, while in the photo they have a very slight downward slope. He also needs to be slightly "puffier"

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 2:02 PM

GRRR!! Poser just died during a render :( And no of course I didn't save my progress. So I'm back to where I was at the first picture sigh* Ah well at least I can try Anton's animation-thingie-trick then :o)

hmatienzo ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 5:15 PM

Gosh, I'll be BEGGING you for a copy of him when he is ready, LOL!!! I adore that dude...

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 5:27 PM

More puffies under the eyes...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

SoonerTW ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 11:41 PM

I think the bottom of the eye needs to come down just a little he looks like he is squinting just a bit to much. Otherwise, it looks great. I only wish I had the patience to do faces.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 11 May 2004 at 12:57 AM

hmatienzo GG I'm glad I'm not the only one ;o) and of course you can have the fc2 whenever it's done. But please note that this is made with the enhanced mike morph thingie pack from Daz. Forgot the name right now but it's the head sculpting pack with the extra 250 head morphs for M3. So it won't work with the "normal" mike3. I HOPE to be able to make an INJ file for him (for free of course) but right now I need to make him all over again after my crash :o(

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 11 May 2004 at 3:22 PM

file_108823.jpg

Ooooooooooo-kay Started again and this time with another texture (Adrian M3 from RDNA) The texture REALLY makes a lot of difference too. I think i'm as close as I can get. There's a LITTLE postwork on this pic, the forehead wrinkle isn't perfect in the morph, but it's easily fixed with a tiny bit of post. I'll see if the morph can be saved somehow as an inj. Again, it uses the extra-morphed M3 so I'm not sure.

hmatienzo ( ) posted Tue, 11 May 2004 at 5:59 PM

He is soooooo good already!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 18 May 2004 at 1:00 PM

Ooh! Another HP fan! I saw that hair too and it practically screamed Snape at me. Will have to get it someday ::sigh:: there goes another pay check. Regarding your pic, very nice so far; I agree you can get away with just postworking that brow wrinkle. Any plans for a Mike 1 version -- some of poor broke souls still can't afford an upgrade.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.