Mon, Sep 16, 10:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: And yet another P5 question - Judy/Judy Hybrid.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 7:27 PM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 6:51 PM

I think the consensus is that the default Judy looks like a bag of spanners and has the body of a donkey. The various remodels are great, particularly (IMO) New Judy Ugyro. However, I don't much care for the head but the only other option on that version is to switch off the morph and go back to the default Judy Fright mask. I also have Quarker's rather nice Farrah, on which he's achived the impossible and created a face which doesn't frighten children and curdle milk. Unfortunately, the body mesh is the What-Is-Laughingly-Known-As Judy Nude HiRes. It may be a good many things, but HiRes it ain't. Quarker's done a great job of making it a decent shape but it's still somewhat lumpy due to the relatively low poly mesh. On the other hand, New Judy Ugyro has a recut mesh which looks great. You can see where this is going, can't you? So tell me, how on earth can I transplant Farrah's head onto the New Judy Ugyro body and get the best of both worlds? Advice, hints, tips, free money and alcohol gratefully accepted.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 7:49 PM

Sorry to disappoint you all, since I know you're positively clamouring to answer. I edited the Farrah CR2 to point to the new mesh. Easy, huh? I now have a Judy which actually looks human. Wheee!

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 7:53 PM

Now all I have to do is figure how to get the Ugyro morphs working. :)

My Store

My Gallery

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 8:27 PM

The "HiRes" in the P5 libraries refers to the body texture, not the mesh.

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 9:09 PM

file_109951.jpg

I can't tell you how to transplant Farrah's head onto the New Judy Ugyro body, but if need a new head for New Judy Ugyro you may like to try the one I just posted to the Free Stuff yesterday. Search for "FukukoNJ".

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 10:28 PM

I agree that Farrah has a great face, but a body like a sack of potatoes.

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 11:48 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_109952.jpg

You all saw what I was after in a previous post... Judy head on a V2 body... I Loaded V2 went to head room and dialed Judy 1.0 then applied... magneted head and eyes into place... did some scaling on head and neck (there is some seam needless to say) and then saved the figure... deleted the V2 head morphs and loaded the Julie version of Judy head morphs with Morph Manager then loaded in Poser... spun some dials and here you see. Obviously a welded fusion mesh would be a neater solution. I like the Judy body I just can't get much variation from it but I really like the variety of Full Body Morpphs with V2. I actually get the best realistic women from a scaled up PTviky with the V2 breasts and faces loaded in... the fat distribution is more realistic for average hight and weight 20-40 year old women around 5'2"-5'6" where as V2 is proportioned like a 6'1" fashion model or something and Judy like a tall but more realistic woman.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 5:16 AM

Farrah looks sweet but you really can't get any real expression out of her. Don't think it's the merchant's fault as he really didn't have a lot to work with. Marque

marco-xxx ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 5:19 AM

The Judy body isn't bad, I find it very good (and sexy!): it's the body of a real woman, like those we meet everyday; mass media imposed unnatural models and many of us forgotten the way are build the body of our women What is bad in Judy is unnatural bending (but Vicky 2 has same trouble and Vicky 3 partly solves it at the cost of a lot of polygons) and lack of body morphs. About the face, yes, its ugly, bat I think its only a placeholder: Judy has a lot of face that you can create with face room and I find more easy de-judyze her than de-vickyze Vicky. Excuse my English, Im Italian

hogwarden ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 7:04 AM

And she has real lady-parts, too! Brave move from CL there. You wouldn't catch DAZ putting real bits and pieces like that on... it's rude! I agree marco... If I were to try to create a character based on my wife (who IS the most beautiful woman on earth cough) it would not be possible with any of the other figures. Only Judy has the correct proportions to start with and the freedom of the face room. Are you trying to insinuate that my wife looks like a bag of spanners and has the body of a donkey, SamTherapy? LOL! H:))

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 8:42 AM

Definately the Judy body is very nicely realistic, more so I think than Victoria who is some sort of notion of a "super model" but my frustration is that when I try to transform the body with magnets it breaks apart... try to get smaller or saggier breasts and they just break up from the chest etc. The nice Judy work people are doing in Japan is very welcome but it is all toward thinness and youth... maybe I nead to work on dumpy and fat Judy myself... years ago before V2 I made my own Fat Possette and V1... not just xz-scale but an Amorphium re-sculpted mesh. I need try this Z brush for rescultping Judy. Judy has Great legs , genitals, great belly, everything really, just it needs more flexibilty.... it needs some great Full Body Morphs... but you guys are inspiringh me to lay off the hybrid maybe and just get back to work on the base figure.... I really can't believe how neglected it is. I am debating getting some Judy Morphs.... any advise? The demo images are not to my liking in either case but I am hoping the products themselves are actually good. P5JudyMagic I can't see from the demo what it actually does, Morphin' Mindy likewise (the characters seem very exagerated), and Judy Plus is over budget for me.

marco-xxx ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 10:12 AM

I don't have Morphin Mindy and Judy Plus; reading their pages seems that they have a lot of new morphs for face and few or none for body. I think the real lack is of body morphs, for head there is face room. Would be useful e.g. a pregnant/pot belly morph, some buttocks shaping morphs, an ageing full body morphs etc... About magnets, i find more easy work with magnets on Judy body rather than Vicky 2

MarianneR ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 10:49 AM

Attached Link: http://stevesartgallery.bryce-alive.net/

Here you'll find lots of morphs for Judy and Don.

b_lld0g ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 11:49 AM

Sam why not export the head of farrah as a morph target and then apply that to New Judy's head? It worked for me, although the eyes do get a little wacked out they can be adjusted. Just remember to set the new judy head morph (anan?) to zero. If you don't she ends up looking like a professional gurney ;)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 1:10 PM

"Sam why not export the head of farrah as a morph target and then apply that to New Judy's head? It worked for me, although the eyes do get a little wacked out they can be adjusted." I tried it and nothing happened. Maybe I exported it incorrectly. Can you give me a step-by step how to do it, please?

My Store

My Gallery

FishNose ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 3:48 PM

Well Sam, the easiest way is with Morph Manager. Just copy it right over. :] Fish

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 4:05 PM

Right. Is MM free? I'm broke at the moment.

My Store

My Gallery

b_lld0g ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 4:06 PM

Load Farrah. Export wavefront object, select the head and choose as morph target only. Load AnAn and select the head and load morph target give the morph a name and select the object file. Spin the dial to 1

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 4:16 PM

That's what I thought. When I tried it, nothing happened. :/

My Store

My Gallery

b_lld0g ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 4:29 PM

file_109953.jpg

Odd, I'll have another look now.

Apologies for the render, I'm still experimenting with skin nodes and failing.

b_lld0g ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 4:42 PM

Yep, Just did it again. Ok from the top. Poser 5 Load Farrah Go to File > Export > Wavefront Object Make sure everything is deselected except the head. Give the file a name (farrahhead.obj for example) Choose As morph target. Load Anan Select the head and in the properties panel click add morph target. Choose the object you just created and give the morph a name. Turn the dial to 1 and turn Anan to zero.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 4:57 PM

Ok, I'll give it a shot when the current render has finished. One question regarding the "Save as morph target"... Do I uncheck everything except that option?

My Store

My Gallery

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 5:21 PM

MarianneR, thanks for that link!

b_lld0g ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 5:45 PM

Yes just select the "as morph target"

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 5:52 PM

Groovy. Thanks. I'll check it out right now. Thanks to everyone else who replied, too. Howard, I wouldn't dream of saying anything bad about yer missis. :)

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 6:02 PM

Yay! It worked perfectly! Many thanks. :)

My Store

My Gallery

narcissus ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2004 at 3:07 AM

I would suggest anyone that work with Judy to use the new Yamato version,she is much better! If I was CL I would make an update and replace Judy with AnAn!A new default face based on the same mesh would be great too since AnAn head is only a morph! pitklad

Dale B ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2004 at 7:23 AM

Does someone have the link the the Ugyro mod of Judy? I can't find the beastie anywhere....

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2004 at 9:40 AM

Hummm the AnAn figure has no hips, wonder what I did wrong. Decoded the hip when I did the body file. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2004 at 9:44 AM

Weird really slowing down my poser 5 as well. Wonder what's up? Marque

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2004 at 9:47 AM

Also you can tell where her head was changed there is a space between the head and neck. Ack! Marque

b_lld0g ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2004 at 10:56 AM

Marque do you have show genitals selected? It must be to show the hip section

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2004 at 12:38 PM

Sigh yes I turned that on and it only showed the genitals, the hip was still invisible. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2004 at 12:57 PM

file_109954.jpg

This is with the genitals on.

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2004 at 12:59 PM

file_109955.jpg

And here is the head, you can see it doesn't match the neck. What did I do wrong? I used the rtEncoder and followed the directions to decode the body and the pelvis. Marque

icprncss2 ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2004 at 7:02 PM

Can Judy's head be hybridzed to Vicki's body? I've tried it a couple of times and ended up with her head in front of her body. Any suggestions or am I just pounding my head against the wall? To explain, my boss purchased Poser5 and V1 and M1 for his environmental concepts biz. He wants to use the face room to make random faces. Don's head hybridized to M1's body without a hitch but I can't get Judy's to do the same. The boss hates Judy's body and there isn't a lot of content for Judy. He's PO'ed at me because I can't make it work. Help!

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2004 at 7:45 PM

My quick fix was load Vicky. Go to face room but do nothing but select apply shape only. Back in Pose I selected Head and made magnet. Selected zone and made it huge. Added Ellement both eyes to magnet. Magnet transition z and y head into place. Taper and scaling of neck and head to minimze seam. Save figure. Open figure in Free PC morph Manager application. Delete Vicky head morphs. Transfer Copy All head morphs from the http://stevesartgallery.bryce-alive.net/ or some other Judy figure and re-save. Open in Poser and should work but will require some post work when seam visible... my image above is without postwork. But if someone would do an acyual blend of mesh in the .obj that would be cool... esp. if they could attach the P5 genitals to Victoria 2!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.