Sat, Oct 5, 1:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 11:52 am)

Subject: I have made my first Map now how do I get the jpg file into Poser 5

keyze ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2004 at 12:17 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 8:54 AM

I know this is probably a silly question. I have read through all the section of the manual regarding this but it dose not seem to have any exact directions. I have my map all made and saved it as a jpg. Do I need to install it into the runtime file and if so what file within runtime do I need to put it in? I tried the import and can not see any way to do it that way. I find the Poser manual is not ment for newbies like me. Thank you for any help you can give.

VI_Knight ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2004 at 12:35 PM

you need to go into the material editor/manager and assign your new map the the figure. I am not in front of my "poser" computer so i can't give you the exact steps but i am sure someone can do that.

Kelderek ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2004 at 1:51 PM · edited Sat, 22 May 2004 at 1:54 PM

file_110262.jpg

You can put the map anywhere you want, but the best idea is to put it in the runtimetextures folder (or in a subfolder of your choice there). That's where Poser expects them to be.

After that, you assign the map to the object/figure in the Material Room by assigning it to a node according to the picture above. Create the node at the plug Diffuse_Color

Message edited on: 05/22/2004 13:54

Kelderek ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2004 at 1:53 PM

file_110261.jpg

When you have the new node created, you click on Image Source and point to your map, wherever you put in on your HD.

keyze ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2004 at 8:08 PM

Thank's ever so much. I would have never figured it out on my own. I do love the ones that everyone else have done with freckles and little imperfectons. It is late now but I have copied all your instructions and will give it a try in the morning. Thankyou again and again.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 2:32 PM

The fonts within Poser are often so poorly chosen, colored, and sized, that I've taken to making a backup copy of a texture map, and editing the copy with the original name, rather than messing around changine filenames in Poser. If you're doing some sketch-type work, trying out ideas, you can also use a smaller texture map. The bigger the texture map, the more RAM it needs, and some of the DAZ 3D stuff, such as Vicky and her clothes, are using 3000-pixel square maps. When you're in the Poser 5 Materials room you have a winder onto the scene, and the lighting control, so you can see what effects your changes have. You can also click on a part of a figure (conforming clothes are a figure) to get access to the materials settings. That's good, as some clothing can have rather unhelpful labelling, such as "cloth 1", "cloth 2", and so on. It's rather like the multiple ways of picking the item in the parameters/properties menu in the posing section. You can choose "head" in a menu, of click on it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.