Fri, Sep 20, 3:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:20 pm)

Subject: Are men just as bad as women when it comes to buying clothes?

Mason ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 1:55 PM ยท edited Tue, 20 August 2024 at 7:07 PM

I'm going through the store the other day and looking at outfits and found myself saying "Oh that is the cutest pair of shoes for Vicky and those boots are a must have." Then I realized I'm buying clothes like a valley girl at the mall with her daddy's credit card. Does anyone else find themselves clothes shopping like this? Of course a $10 pair of renderosity boots aren't the same as a $300 pair of real life boots but I still thought it was funny that I'm picking through clothes like a teen girl.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 2:03 PM

Not clothes specifically. Anything. Clothes, vehicles, weapons, scenery, hair, figures... stuff. Any stuff. It's scary, the amount of stuff I have bought.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 2:05 PM

Actually, I shop more like a 2 year old ... "Gimme" is pretty much my saying ... I normally put it into my wishlist and wait a week or more but the first response is always "Mine" or "Gimme" ... not in so many words or thoughts

d-larsen ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 2:06 PM

When I was married, I used have to ask my 15 y/o step-daughter if this tie went with this shirt and this shirt with these pants! Now, I'm stuck dressing myself and my models and it's not fun. That's one of the reasons I don't do clothes textures. PS: My ex-wife had a terrible fashion sense, that's why my step-daughter would tell her what looked right for me!

FishNose ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 2:08 PM

Yup :o) I'm a guy, 48, couldn't be bothered to buy clothes for myself - until the holes in my socks are getting fairly big. But clothes for Vicki and the girls? Oboy. I saw just yesterday that my total number of purchases here at Rosity is - 208 items. 11 pagers worth. Eek! Most of it clothes.... plus shoes, boots and hair. The list at DAZ is even longer, a whole lot longer. That darn PC gets me every month! And of course there's PPros, 3DC, RDNA etc etc. :] Fish

bobcat574 ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 2:08 PM

Thankfully my wife makes all her clothes, so I just follow suit. (Though I find myself at the fabric shops going "now that material would make a great texture for a new vicky dress!"

krimpr ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 2:32 PM ยท edited Sun, 23 May 2004 at 2:42 PM

Hence the beauty of usernames. (see next thread up).

Message edited on: 05/23/2004 14:42

Robo2010 ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 7:03 PM ยท edited Sun, 23 May 2004 at 7:04 PM

Yeah, I can not believe this as well. What happened to us men and cars? .............That was yesterday....Today it is "Men and their Poser!" from the wives. :-) And also I am looking at cloths, shoes, hair, animations..

Message edited on: 05/23/2004 19:04

JetM ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 7:18 PM

I'm a woman, so I can't comment on the subject of the thread, I just want to say one thing that's semi-related... don't EVER look at the total number of purchases you've made. It'll just prove to you the addict that you are ;)

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 8:40 PM
  • Men's clothing list: T-shirt Blue jeans Tennis shoes boxers & socks (naw, ones from the 80's still work) runs to the hardware dept and gets lost for 5 days - Women's clothing list: short dresses long dresses in-between dresses slacks shorts longer shorts blouses T-tops button tops under coats over coats dress coat fur coat fake fur coat heavy sweater light sweater sweater with no sleeves sweater with half sleeves pull-over tops bras panties stockings short socks long socks bootie socks pantie hoes shoes more shoes sandles high heals boots more shoes nighties Sunday hat Monday hat Tues hat Wed hat Thurs hat Fri hat Sat hat everyday hat more dresses hand bags pocket books gloves something small & skimpy for him (YaHoo!) more shoes more pants more tops ...........Ok, I'm just a guy so I'm probably still missing something, besides, I'm still window shopping in the hardware dept.

Robo2010 ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 8:56 PM ยท edited Sun, 23 May 2004 at 9:00 PM

ROFLMAO!...hey..forgot the Hair styles. I am the same way. I even look for the "Whats New?" ;-) Also, I had to clean out my Wish list, that now I am broke for buying goodies. I decided to wait until I have extra cash, to start making the wishlist again. Reason....by the time then, their will be new stuff. Now,..where are those Halter tops?

Message edited on: 05/23/2004 21:00

bobcat574 ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 3:18 AM

hey guys, lets break the old traditional stereotype and charge on the womens credit card! (My wife would kill me if she saw this)

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 8:03 AM

hmmm... I still see a lot of naked Vicki pinups around here so who knows...

babydollTX ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 10:44 AM

My models get more new stuff than I do. Just last night, my daughter came downstairs wearing the cutest belt and I thought, "HEY, how come everyone ELSE gets all the good stuff?" Finally realizing my unintentional self-neglect, a RL shopping trip is planned to at least put a little salve on my wounded vanity. We won't mention the last time I had a haircut. Then again, there is no realistic hip to thigh length hair for ANY model, so maybe I'm still one up on the skinny age-impervious gravity defying b*tch. ^_^ ... if only I got as many free clothes and accessories as Vicky does. sigh

MoxeyH ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 11:36 AM

oh god seriously...I spend more on Poser than I do my own clothes. I think I hit up Renderosity, Daz and Poser Pros at least on a weekly basis, snagging all kinds of clothes, textures, props, hair, morphs, environments, etc... It seems like I have just about every set of clothes for the mil kids that's available, and a whole bunch for Victoria and Michael. HAIR was always the biggest problem though becuz I hate it when I have two or more characters in the same scene have the SAME HAIR! I can just imagine a grade school teacher writing on my render "Looks like you didn't try very hard -- C minus." I'm finding out a little late that there is TONS of FREE STUFF out there for Poser! I never even really knew there was a free site here actually until recently. So now I check for free stuff every day. It hasn't really cut down on how much I spend on Poser but it has increased the amount of stuff I have. :)

elizabyte ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 4:37 AM

I hate buying clothes for myself. I only buy them when absolutely necessary, and I have so many things I'd rather spend my money on. Like, say, clothes for Victoria.... ;) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

MoxeyH ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 12:04 PM

Clothes and character sets are the main thing for me. I don't know HOW MANY thing's I've bought at Thorneworks but it's a considerable list. I've definitely shopped at Renderosity the most, but DAZ is up there, too. And Poserpros, now that I found it. I find DAZ is good for basic sets (Mike, Victoria amd Mil Kids) and basic clothes; Renderosity is the best for add-ons, hair, environments, props and textures, and Thorneworks has great characters. Kozaburo is the king (or queen) of free stuff. Renderosity has AN AWESOME free stuff selection too!

spedler ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 3:14 PM

Thank goodness it isn't just me. I was beginning to get a serious complex about the amount I've bought. Still, since everyone else is clearly doing the same thing (and more), I think my credit card has a bit more give in it yet :-)

Steve

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.