Sat, Jul 6, 12:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 06 10:46 am)

Subject: Prop WIP

SoonerTW ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 1:19 PM · edited Tue, 30 April 2024 at 8:35 PM

file_110484.jpg

I had an idea the other night for a scene that required a warehouse type of building. In my mind I saw old tin panels rusted from years of neglect and somewhat rickety doors. After some searcing I didn't find anything so this morning I sat down with Maya and decided to give it a go. After 1 hour of playing with lights and 2 hours in the P5 material room I am satisfied with the overall texture look. I also have a segment without a door in it, which would make building a box type building out of it very simple. If anyone is interested in this let me know and I will package it for the freestuff area. If not, I will save the web space. Comments welcome

geep ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 2:07 PM

Looks very well done! I'm interested. One can never have enough storage space ... especially with Poser. ;=] cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

leather-guy ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 2:10 PM

Intriguing possibilities with this. Have you considered a quanset-style curved roof? or a window section Very nice work, BTW.

Byrdie ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 2:15 PM

Count me in, too. Could use something like that for a crime scene, maybe.

tonymouse ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 2:40 PM

Very cool I'd use it for sure!!!

Strixowl ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 3:04 PM

I LIKE!! Count me in :-)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 4:12 PM

Oh yes I love it. And that rusty shader too, please!!!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

shadownet ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 4:56 PM

me too me too! :O)

mondoxjake ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 4:57 PM

If it will work in Poser4 as well as P5 I could sure use it. One of the best of this type prop I have seen to date.

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 5:50 PM

Definitely interested, yes! Looks great. :] Fish

SoonerTW ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 11:04 PM

Ok I guess I should get to work then. I still need to make the door swing and I can throw a window in there if you want... Are you looking for just a hole in the wall or an actual window? As for the roof, The plan was to just plug in another wall section to make the roof slant as needed. With the way it is built I think making it a curved roof (circa WWII) would pose some problems with the mesh itself. I will continue working on it and will throw it in the free stuff when I am done. Thanks for the motivation.

geep ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 11:16 PM

" ... making it a curved roof (circa WWII) would pose some problems with the mesh itself." How about bending it with a magnet? Just a thought. ;=] cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 5:11 AM

Yes please! Poser 4 here too, but I can soon find a rusty texture from my vast collection. :)

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 5:56 AM

Another idea - put another wall section next to the first as the corner of a shack. Makes the scene much more usable, from more different angles. And lengthen the first wall by putting an extra section next to it on the far side. With the window in that? Window or hole? Hmmm.... a really basic window I think. You don't want the rain coming in :o) Doesn't have to open, just a really really primitive window frame. This looks great.. very usable. :] Fish

SoonerTW ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 1:27 PM

The idea was to have modular sections. One section with a door, another section that was just a flat wall, another section that had a window etc. That way they could be put in and positioned to make the building any shape or size you wanted. The above render is only the wall with door section. I have the plain wall section but haven't exported it into poser yet. Does anyone know how to make the door swing inside Poser?

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 1:37 PM

Does anyone know how to make the door swing inside Poser? One way to do it would be to make the door a separate group (both in Maya and in Poser). Open the door in Maya, and export the open door as an OBJ file. Then import the open door as a morph target in Poser.

geep ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 1:47 PM

file_110485.jpg

Note - I believe that using a morph target for the door would cause it's shape to be distorted in any position other than full open or full closed. There is another way ... Here is an excerpt from [ THIS TUTORIAL.](http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=1627419) cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

SoonerTW ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 7:29 PM

Thats the word I was looking for I usually set this in maya and test it from there but could not for the life of me think of the damn name..... origin....

SoonerTW ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 11:00 PM

Ok geep thanks to your tutorial snippet it is now poser ready. All I have let to do it pack it up along with the materials and post it. Going to post it in pieces since only have the wall and door section ready right now. The other pieces should be cake though.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.