Sat, Sep 21, 6:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Sad news of a dear friend

jelisa ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 1:00 PM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 4:00 AM

Attached Link: Referenced note,image and midi file

I was asked to pass this on: --------------------------------------------- It is my sad duty and responsibility to inform you that sometime between the hours of 6:30 am and 7:30 am EST, Deborah C. Bishop--the creator of Brycetech and author of Driven--lost her battle with breast cancer. She was my inspiration..she was my soul. I think you would like to know that when I found her, her computer was on, and it was paused on the location of the Brycetech tutorials in the area of the page where the counter is...she did see the counter break 100000...for this I am eternally greatful..and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you have done. I am attaching a note she prepared a while back when she found out that this was definitely going to happen, in addition I am attaching her favorite midi song which she created and I am also including her favorite bryce image. please pass this message to all the Bryce boards and to the poserforum. David (BT) --------- The referenced note, image and midi file can be reached by clicking on the link above, please log in as guest if you are not a member of the Delphi Bryce Forum. Deb's last posted image can be viewed here - http://www.delphi.com/bryce/messages?msg=3707.273 Darlisa Riggs

Spanfarkle ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 2:23 PM

Sorry to hear that, my sincerest condolences.

KenS ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 3:12 PM

It is a sad day today, I knew Deborah a little, but we werent close. Her achievments in the Bryce field were truly outstanding, From what I knew of her, she always was willing to go out of her way to aid anyone in need, to help the Bryce community as a whole to aspire to greatness. To those who never had a chance to meet her, her legacy will live on through her works, tutorials, and love for Bryce. She will truly be missed Ken

Doom Dancer ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 3:17 PM

I never new her but, BryceTech helped me more than any other resource on the internet...she will be sadly missed. I will always hold a place of honor in my heart for her. I regret your loss.

inyerface ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 3:28 PM

happiness...jpg

Roshigoth ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 3:57 PM

That's very sad. I also benefitted from her tutorials. She will definitely be missed. Rosh

wolfie ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 8:34 PM

I had seen earlier versions of the image. Eery seeing it now and knowing its done. Strange seeing how she used so many of my objects in the scene. Damn I am gonna miss our chats and exchanging ideas and images. It warms me to no end that I was able to help David out with his request for the couter. It would be have nice that a request need not have been made and we would still be enjoying her company, but she is in a far better place now. A sad day for us but a release for her.

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 8:51 PM

Oh, damn. I didn't know her, but any time we lose someone, it's sad and diminishes all of us. My condolences to all of you who did know her.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

jelisa ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 8:57 PM

Wolfie, I almost didn't help with the counter because I was at work, but then decided it was worth it. I'm very glad I did.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 10:21 PM

Very sad news though I didn't know her or her work that well ... I noticed brycetech a few weeks ago ... wish I would have known the site or her better ... Very sad news

Eric Walters ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 12:37 AM

Ah that is very sad. I offer my condolences. I had NO idea she was in such straits-and creating art till the end. Peace, Eric

maga ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 6:57 AM

My sincerest condolences.

tonylynch ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 8:46 AM

My deepest condonlences.

Eshal ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 9:15 AM

After making 3 attempts to reply and then not doing so out of sadness and indecisiveness, I've decided to add my voice of condolence to David. I'm sitting here crying and I never really knew Debbie at all but I guess hearing of her struggle and her passing struck a note of things in my own life. I'm just glad that she went doing what she loved and that she lives on in all that she has done. Regards Eshal

I'm a genetically enhanced blonde...what's your excuse? ~Eshal~

Shiromi ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2000 at 12:57 AM

I'm very sorry to hear that. It makes me very sad and I will miss her. I know the feelings because my Aunt fights against Breast Cancer too. I hope she can win this fight. Irene PS: sorry about my english but its not my main language

booface ( ) posted Sun, 24 September 2000 at 5:27 PM

I offer my deepest condolences. I did not have the chance to know Debbie, however, I can see what an impact she has had on everyone. To those of you who are suffering grief, I offer my support and condolences. I almost lost my favorite grandmother to breast cancer... I will call her and remind her that I love her. Thanks to those who have posted messages to remind us that each and every life is precious and we should always give our help when needed.

Ihawk ( ) posted Sun, 24 September 2000 at 7:21 PM

This is a loss for all of us. My mother past away several years ago from cancer. I am very sorry for the loss you have suffered. In the next year, 48,000 women will die from breast cancer. We must all do our part and support the cancer societies, financially or otherwise.

jelisa ( ) posted Sun, 24 September 2000 at 7:31 PM

Everyone, Thanks so much for your kind words. Deb touched so many of us in so many different ways. David has been in contact with the Delphi Bryce Forum and perhaps others and he and the family are doing as well as anyone could be expected in the situation. Here's a message from him if you'd like to see it - http://www.delphi.com/bryce/messages?msg=2316.124 Thanks again, darlisa

jelisa ( ) posted Sun, 24 September 2000 at 7:32 PM

Everyone, Thanks so much for your kind words. Deb touched so many of us in so many different ways. David has been in contact with the Delphi Bryce Forum and perhaps others and he and the family are doing as well as anyone could be expected in the situation. Here's a message from him if you'd like to see it - http://www.delphi.com/bryce/messages?msg=2316.124 Thanks again, darlisa

Marty188 ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2000 at 4:17 PM

Attached Link: http://members.xoom.com/WebPager1/index.htm

Just so you know the announcement was also listed on the 3D graphics boards at AOL as well. A lot of people there were familiar with her as well and posted their condolences.

dcrich ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2000 at 12:37 AM

marty can you give me the exact url to go to to find this on the AOL board? I just found about about it this being posted there. thanx

Marty188 ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2000 at 4:10 AM

Attached Link: http://members.xoom.com/WebPager1/index.htm

It was on the graphics board. While in AOL, type in the keyword "Graphics" or better yet "Bryce". It may not be there now because the message board posts only last for a few days.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.