Tue, Oct 22, 4:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Frankensteining Vicki 3 body with Vicky 2 head, Second (Hellish) Part

Casette ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 1:23 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:00 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

I need help again, Masters of the Hybridation

This Abortion-Of-The-Hell in which I am working give me very much headaches... I have finished to join Vicky2's head with Vicky3's body and to save the file in the Character librarie ... and thats all. The damned bug admits my face morphs of V2, and my body morphs and clothes of V3, but here finishes the good thing. I cant load textures on it with Mat files, only I can manually. And though finally result isnt bad, I CANT SAVE IT! Nor as Character in Poser's librarie, nor as PZ3 file (well, yes I can, but when I open it, the 3d scenary is empty!!). I imagine that something is badly joined in cr2 file, because in Surface Material various of the elements appear duplicated (see image). Someone can help me, or if not, someone can say me where I download an infernal hybrid that works???? ANALGESICS, PLEASEEEEE.- Hybrid.jpg

Message edited on: 06/05/2004 01:26

Message edited on: 06/05/2004 01:27

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

FishNose ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 4:55 AM · edited Sat, 05 June 2004 at 4:59 AM

Attached Link: TenTen on V3 - Yamato

If I remember correctly, I got it to work the firt time I tried. Using Yamato's 'TenTen on V3' Tutorial at: (as link above)

http://www.juno.dti.ne.jp/~yamato-k/Step-1.html

Start again. Use completely standard default Vickies, as they come from DAZ. Follow the tut EXACTLY.

As I say, the important thing if it goes to hell is - start again from scratch with a clean scene and default characters. Then add your morphs and stuff afterwards using Morph Manager or whatever.
Then, if you get the procedure to work and find out what you did wrong, you can do it again with that knowledge and use your own morphed charcaters in the process the next time.
My Vickies have enormous amounts of morphs built in. I still managed to get this to work.

If you use a full MAT pose for V2 or V3 (body AND head) on the hybrid you may get oddness in the materials, with new materials added to the list, since Poser was instructed to add texs to materials that don't exist in the hybrid model. This might be the reason for duplicated materials as in your list.
It may also not have anything to do with the other problems you are having.

Incidentally, try to avoid using V3 INJ poses on the hybrid that include any head channels. If you do, it adds lots of 'ghost' channels that down't work to the V2 head and make life difficult for you with long, long lists of dead V3 dials in the V2 head.

Best of luck!

:] Fish

Message edited on: 06/05/2004 04:59

Message edited on: 06/05/2004 04:59

Casette ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 5:08 AM

Oka, I try. I will tell you the results... Thanks

CASETTE
=======

Casette ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 5:20 AM

Damned net... I cant find the tut of Yamato. The link dont work. I find the website but I cant find a tut in english... and my japanese is a little caveman to understand the pages...

CASETTE
=======

Dagon ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 5:26 AM

Attached Link: http://www.juno.dti.ne.jp/~yamato-k/Step1.html

the link was changed... try this one

good luck ;-)

FishNose ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 5:43 AM

My apologies - I must have written the URL incorrectly. Thanks, Dagon. :] Fish

Casette ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 6:31 AM

Yeah... this link works. I hope to have success this time. I will keep you on news. Thanks ;)

CASETTE
=======

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 10:25 PM

I feel your pain! I'm currently in the agonizing process of putting StephanieRR's head on VictoriaRR's body. I had previously thought that the remapping would be the hard part...

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2004 at 5:12 AM

Hybrid2.jpg

Yesss!!!

Finally... my hybrid works!!! I follow the tut of Mr. Yamato step-to-step, and the result is this ONE... a model who I can save, that loads V2 head and V3 body MAT files and of course with compatibility 100% of all the V3 clothes... I will play with her a lot!!!

Thanks to all that help me!!!

CASETTE
=======

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2004 at 5:39 AM

And this is the first pic, posted in the Gallery and, of course, dedicated to FishNose and Dagon. Thanks for the help!!

GalleryImage687626.jpg

CASETTE
=======

FishNose ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2004 at 9:51 AM

Oh MAN!!!!! Wow! You can send her over right NOW - I've got the champagne in the cooler, oh yeah.... :o) I think the hybrids I work with are my favorite models actually - combining the very best of one with the best of another - that's marevellous. Well done! :] Fish

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.