Sat, Jul 6, 12:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 06 10:46 am)

Subject: Glow Tutorial

Jenai21 ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 11:10 AM · edited Sat, 27 April 2024 at 7:57 AM

Attached Link: http://members.fortunecity.com/jenai1/glowtut.html

Hi all...well my first and most likely my last tutorial is up...a couple of people have asked how do I get my images to glow and so here's a quick tutorial showing the making of an image where I used glow...the trick is just to play around with things and do what's best for your particular image...the settings are not written in stone and so feel free to change opacity...and remember to save your work before you start this so if it's not what you want you can go back to your earlier version...thanks for taking look...Jenn

Aeneas ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 2:30 PM

do not follow this link as it opens several popups, and even spyware!

I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now I'll be mad. (Rumi)

Jenai21 ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 3:13 PM

Aeneas...I've been to this site many times and because it is a free homepage I expect fortunecity pop-ups but never have I encountered spyware this could be because I have every virus protection and spyware blocker possible...I had no idea there was spyware on the site so if you are not similarly protected of course be wary...several others have also gone to the site and other than the usual fortunecity pop-up they've not had a problem...thanks for letting me know about this but since I don't have another website I guess it's see it at your own risk.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 3:51 PM
Online Now!

I didn't see any spyware. I have a Fortune City site myself, and have never noticed any spyware problem. BTW, great tutorial!

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 3:57 PM

I didn't see any spyware, and I have Yahoo/Google popup blockers, so I slid into your website without any interference. Very nice tutorial. Thank you!

Jenai21 ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 4:18 PM

Randy and Dialyn...thanks so much for your compliments and for your reassurances...I've had a couple of my friends go to the site just to make sure that I'm right when I say there isn't any spyware...they haven't found anything either...this is my first tutorial and a new experience for me and the last thing I would want is to have people think I would intentionally or otherwise harm their computers...If more people have experiences similar to Aeneas please let me know and I will remove the link...Jenn

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 4:21 PM
Online Now!

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=1810540

:-) I recommended your tutorial in the thread above.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 4:34 PM

Hmm I didn't even get a pop-up. And my PopUp blocker didn't react either. I'm using the Avant browser that has built in "everything-stopper" if you let it :o) Free and afaik based on IE, so that everything that works in IE will work there to. (And please don't start bashing IE. It's a good browser and the most used, no matter if YOU like it or not ;o) )

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 4:35 PM

EEK Where are my manners? VERY VERY nice tutorial at that link! Do follow it if you want to learn something cool!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

usslopez ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 5:00 PM

Thanks for the Tutorial. Very good! Thanks!

My RMP Store ; My Free Stuff

MistDragon ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 5:26 PM

Awesoem tutorial! Thank you for posting this!

MISTDRAGON

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 8:42 PM

Nice tutorial, thanks. Regarding the spyware/popups, I think what happened was this. At the very top of the page there's a bar with pictures and a screensaver link. Do NOT click on that, no matter how irresistable those kittens look -- I did (at another site) and boy am I regretting it! What it does is install something called Sfondi Desktop/Toolbar under Internet Explorer. Which is absolutely riddled with nasty boogers even Ad Aware can't get completely rid of. There's no uninstaller either and XP's Add/Remove programs option can't even find the bloody thing, let alone delete it. Now it keeps trying to hijack my browser even when I'm not online and even before Windows fully loads whenever I start the computer. Got so bad I thought I had a virus but nope, all clear on that front. The pop-ups waste system resources like crazy, most of the time the windows aren't even visible. I only know they're there because I have sound fx set up to alert me whenever a window opens & closes or a program does something I should know about, like check my e-mail. And it's got my Adobe reader plug-in all shagged up, too, so it only half-loads & crashes unless I'm using Netscape. Worse, this happened when I was using P5 and it froze up in the middle of a save, corrupting the file I was working on. I had to start all over from scratch, now i'm an even bigger back-up fanatic than ever. Short story, the page is fine. Just don't click anything on it and you shouldn't have problems. Oh, and the screensaver? Doesn't work at all if Internet Explorer isn't open and online, but then you won't be watching it, will you? You'll be surfing the net. And exposed to a gazillion f***ing pop-ups. ::kicks self in ass:: Just bloody lovely!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.