Tue, Sep 24, 7:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: AWWWW Carp!

retrocity ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2004 at 11:37 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 7:29 AM

Well, i tallied the voting results and we gotta three-way tie! ache_n_sole, Hoofdcommissaris, and karosnikov all tied in number of votes!!! Normally i'd just say we make a "rotating banner" and have all three cycle through but we have a nifty-cool Aurora 2 plugin to give away!!!

How do you(s) want to handle this??

1. Open voting again for these three banners and post them to this thread???

2. Do "rock-paper-scissors"???

3. Guess a number from 1-100???

here's their banners again...

ache_n_sole.jpg

ache_n_sole

Hoofdcommissaris.jpg

Hoofdcommissaris

karosnikov.jpg

karosnikov

i'm open for ideas!!
let me know,
:)
retrocity

Divian_Solid ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2004 at 12:01 PM

what about letting them say why they want to win and get that plugin!

Gini ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2004 at 12:13 PM

Plan A : rock/paper/scissors (because I'd love to see how you do that on-line) Plan B : open vote and winner gets Aurora and 6 months in the banner slot and the other two each get 3 months in the banner slot.

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

Midnightposer ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2004 at 2:09 PM
  1. Open voting again for these three banners and post them to this thread

karosnikov ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2004 at 7:26 PM

who DIDNOT vote for their own banner...

ache_n_sole ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2004 at 8:14 PM

There must have been @ least 3!!! G

So now what retro?
I'm all for opening it up again, but I DO have a VERY BIG ROC if the boyz wanna play Rock-Paper-Scissors ...paper THAT boyz

~AnnaC~

karosnikov ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2004 at 9:32 PM

the winner should be who I voted for....

dreamer101 ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2004 at 10:00 PM

I forgot to vote :|

retrocity ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2004 at 10:26 PM

Well now's your chance!!!

Stands up on SoapBox for a moment

...one of the problems with a forum as small as "Photoshop" is it takes a while to get enough responses to form a consensus! I mean, take a look at the Poser forum, you want an opinion on something, you better be ready for a flood! Even the 2D forum has high participation... i still need to hear back from one of the "tie"s as to how he'd like us to proceed, but i'm prepared to open the voting back up to these three banners and may the best (No not Man, or Woman, but...) BANNER win!! then i'll send off the Aurora plugin and get back to my house renovations!!!

Climbs back off of SoapBox and wanders off

retrocity

karosnikov ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2004 at 11:30 PM

if you have Aurora 2 plugin with PS, can you show us what it can do?

retrocity ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 12:52 AM

Attached Link: http://www.digi-element.com/aurora/index.htm

Sure. take a look here^^^^^^^^^^^^

it's a great addition to anyones plugin collection! :) retrocity

retrocity ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 12:57 AM

as for myself , i don't have the plugin installed (it's not for me, but for the Winner!!) but i did browse through the "Aurora image" gallery and it look'd pretty cool..

retrocity

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 2:57 AM

The banner I voted for is not one of the three above. So that does not help. But. I can live without Aurora 2, but I would like my banner around (I made it before there was anything to win, so that was never a reason to participate). And being someone who uses PS professionally I would have no problem with another one of the contestants winning the prize. Voting for the last three sounds democratic enough to me, but if one of the two other candidates does not seriously need Aurora either, we could do the rotating thing (maybe even a random rotation to have that extra element of surprise) and return to renovating houses and make cunning plans to get the party started in the Photoshop Forum.

retrocity ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 6:17 AM

okay, lets find out from ache_n_sole and karosnikov about the plugin (which was the reason for the "re-vote") and which ever one wants it, i'll send it off and write the code for a rotating (random ;)) banner.

way cool! oh and BTW, thanks for the link to your music :) pretty "multi-talented"

retrocity

karosnikov ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 6:42 AM

I can feel the suspence, I'm sill unclear as to what's going on. am I the only one..?

SeanE ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 7:36 AM

bleem

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 7:42 AM

so...

karosnikov ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 8:13 AM

... Hoofdcommissaris's design is complex and alternative, has kindly provided some insight and links to the resources behind the texture, composition, plugins, and I apreciate the competancy with which he wields graphics programs for digital construction.

ache_n_sole ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 8:33 AM

hey karos! if U don't want the plugin, I sure can use it G!! Seemz, Hoffcommissaris doesn't want or need it so itz up to U N me. From what I read, itz goin 2 B a rotating banner of all three of our stuf. There won't B a need 2 vote - seemz that's only needed to C who getz the plugin.

Hugz
~AnnaC~

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 8:52 AM

:-) OffKorZz (?) I would like to receive Aurora, but I try some old-fashioned courtesy. If I need it at any time (professionally) I have the resources to buy it, maybe somebody younger (or not earning income with Photoshop and the like) would be helped by getting it via this contest, because it is a $ 199 you might not have lying around. So that's why I opt-out if that helps.

ache_n_sole ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 9:30 AM

Thx!! Yes I R a POOR student as well as a poor spler G

I didn't mean any disrespect, just got Xcited bout the possibility of using the plugin. Most my stuf is grungy but I CAN DU crisp work that lookz pretty 2!!!

I will type s l o w e r and work on my spelling G

~AnnaC~

karosnikov ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 5:29 PM

even if I don't get the plug in, I want to try to make a small amount water flow off text. ( saw water feature that looked like a glass top table, was inspired )

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 3:19 AM

We can find a way to do that without plugins, I think. What is it exactly what you want? A thin layer of water that streams across it? Or droplets that roll down?

ache_n_sole ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 9:47 AM

Hey guyz, opps guys ;)
Are we suppose to vote or what?? Where is retro?? Does anyone know what is up?? Boy do I hate typing s l o w l y ! !

Sorry to be a b*tch, but just wondering

~AnnaC~

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 9:58 AM

I understood he is moving or renovating or something like that. I suppose a little patience is needed. (I learned typing blind some 10 years ago and I am rather fast with it, I am still thankfull for that...)

karosnikov ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 6:09 PM

almost thinking of what the text would look like if it slowly levitated it's self out of the water and the water was to flow off the edges.... so both droplets and , streams and adhesive lakes... i'm thinking some 3d work would help

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Fri, 11 June 2004 at 8:54 AM

In the meantime I made a dry solution...

retrocity ( ) posted Fri, 11 June 2004 at 10:02 PM

VERY COOL! hoof! thanks, i should have the time to upload the code for the random banner (simple javascript that swaps out the banner on "reload"...) thanks for your efforts, i see you do Flash too! a regular "Renascence Man" huh?

;)
scott

karosnikov ( ) posted Sun, 13 June 2004 at 4:56 AM

life's like a Photoshop Banner.. you never know what you're gonna get. WELL DONE EVERYONE

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Tue, 15 June 2004 at 3:42 AM

For my new friends at the Apollo 440 forum (great Brittish band) I shortly threw my 3D flash with music from that band online again. My old design outfit COPS no longer exists (that is how I got my nick, it means 'chief of police' in Dutch).

It pops up at:
www.cops.nl/Apollo.html

Or else click the link on the page
or this one:
www.cops.nl/MainMusic.html

Maybe I flashed it around before, but I worked longer on it than it was online, so I just decided revive it shortly and mentioned it here to, well, show off, actually. There is actually no Photoshop involved at all.
I still have the paper model I made to get that Rubic's Cube-like thing going in the beginning...

• sheds a nostaligic tear *

retrocity ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2004 at 12:24 AM

very tightly sync'd to the sound!

that's always been a problem for me with working on a faster CPU and than seeing the playback on a crappy laptop tossing everything out of sync!!! how do you keep your sound track in line like that?? i mean i can with "emo" style of music but anything with a "thump'n" beat starts to veer off on me...

thanks for sharing a piece of nostalia,

retrocity

Whimsical ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2004 at 5:19 AM

have lost track of this.. have got flu hacking cough/snuffle too tired to read back thru it all atm.. but congrats everyone!!! :o)

karosnikov ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 8:04 AM

hoof got any ideas / settings in flash for " modify ... trace bitmap " I wanted to reduce file size by turning jpg's into vectors quickly, (should I bother?) not too woried about pixel to pixel acuarcy

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 2:28 AM

Most of the time the result is larger than the original jpg...

karosnikov ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 9:13 AM

file_112061.jpg

Just as well.. thanks. always inspirational hoof, was poke'n around my textures the other day... this popped out.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.