Wed, Sep 18, 8:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: DAZ Platinum Club Members

d-larsen ( ) posted Tue, 15 June 2004 at 1:35 PM · edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 10:07 PM

I just bought 15 different hair packages for Michael, Stephanie, and Vicki for less than $30.00. Most all of these were on sale for $1.99. I also bought many other items for $1.99. If you are not a member of the Platinum Club Member I suggest you join. I have saved more than three times what I paid for membership there in the last three months. I have nothing to do with DAZ other than as a buyer of their products and wanted to share my experience with all of you here. Thanks!

philebus ( ) posted Tue, 15 June 2004 at 2:02 PM

DAZ seems to get a lot of stick over PC - I don't really understand why. You do get a lot for your dollar and there is more variety than some give credit for. Now that the $5 voucher can be used on brokered goods you need buy very little to more than make that month's renewal pay for itself. Look out for some of the locations available in PC, the classical ones are particularly versatile, lending to contemporary, historical, fantasy, horror, or Sci-Fi themed work.

d-larsen ( ) posted Tue, 15 June 2004 at 2:27 PM

I agree, I really hesitated joining up at first. When I signed up I recieved about 30 free products most of which I've never used, however, I've since realized the savings I get. I don't go shopping there very often and probably have missed a lot of good deals based upon what I just downloaded but will be checking more often now.

iamonk ( ) posted Tue, 15 June 2004 at 2:40 PM

Shortly after I signed up, DAZ had a $.99 sale. That order took a long time to download. I've had my issues, but I'll still give them my business. You can't expect perfection. My biggest gripe is that I'm not seeing too much that I want to purchase anymore, which is probably a good thing.

Kristta ( ) posted Tue, 15 June 2004 at 2:58 PM

I have spent the last 3 weeks giving DAZ about 40 dollars of my paycheck. I've downloaded so much stuff and been playing with everything. So far, I love everything. I've not been interested in Victoria or Michael but I love Sara, Steph 3, the mil girls, and of course, David. Right after I signed up, I downloaded a bunch of stuff I got for signing up and so far my favorites of those are the animals and the hatchling dragon. Also, just recently, if you bought the David bundle (which was on sale at quite a reduced rate), you could purchase Stephanie and get like 12 dollars off. I took advantage of that one! Kristta

ShadowWind ( ) posted Tue, 15 June 2004 at 3:21 PM

I think all in all the Platinum Club is worth it. The discounts you get more than make up for what you paid out at the start. I like the fact that you can use the vouchers for brokered items too. I was a little upset at first that the animals I'd paid top dollar for were given away, but then I saved on a lot of things I wanted later on, so it evened out. All in all, I would recommend it. The David bundle was quite a savings after all the discounts, vouchers, etc... ShadowWind

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 15 June 2004 at 3:45 PM

I suppose it depends on what you're looking for. I dont find much in the PC worth my money, because I know I'll never put it to use. Other folks find it invaluable, and God speed them. I'd recommend to anyone that you look at the inventory of items first, then decide if it's something you'll find worth the money.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

ShadowWind ( ) posted Tue, 15 June 2004 at 3:53 PM

I agree about looking at the inventory, but keep in mind the other benefits as well when deciding, like significant discounts on Daz Original items, the vouchers, etc. I haven't bought many PC items as of late, but I've saved a bundle on the standard items I've bought.

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 15 June 2004 at 7:23 PM

And the vouchers are good on anything in the DAZ store now, not just the DAZ originals anymore. I've been a member since it first started and I've collected so many things that I never would have bought because of the original prices. I don't buy things everyday, but when I do, I usually go for one of the PC items. I'm looking at the courtyard set and will probably get that next. Not to mention that I saved a huge amount on my David package. I think I paid around $30 for the whole set which is a $99 value. Melanie

lhiannan ( ) posted Tue, 15 June 2004 at 8:20 PM

I'm happy giving them $8 a month just for the discount on original items. I buy actual PC items every few months, but I drop a chunk in Premiere every month. I definately save more than $7.95 each month :)

hein ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2004 at 1:34 AM

Finally gave up on PC after 18 months, hardly bought anything at DAZ and have had to contact them for just about every voucher. Ofcourse it's kinda silly to pay DAZ $8 for a PC membership and then buy the suff you want at RuntimeDNA.

Phantast ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2004 at 5:11 AM

I was a member for a while, got a lot of nice stuff that was well worth it, but then they stopped adding enough interesting new stuff to make it worthwhile continuing. Textures for items I don't have = not much use.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2004 at 9:30 AM

I can't see paying $7.95 a month, and getting absolutely nothing for my money. On the other hand, I can join Poserworld, and get everything they have as part of that price. Besides, I haven't seen a lot in the Platinum Club that I really want. And the stuff that is there is divided into different parts so you really need to buy several items to get the equivalent of what you'd otherwise get elsewhere.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2004 at 10:40 AM

Half way thru my first year of membership and so far I have always saved more than my membership cost. In fact I believe I have saved more than my annual membership some time ago.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2004 at 8:49 PM

Any PC members here, head on over to the members forum and pick up you code for another any PC item free :-)

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.