Tue, Oct 22, 8:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: Cel Shade Poser animation

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2004 at 11:44 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:36 AM

Attached Link: 37 second test

HI all, it looks like I may Finally be starting on a new Movie project . and ive decide to animate it and render completely out of poser5 in the cell shaded style. this will mean fast render times and very fast set ups here is a small 37 second "proof of concept" that I rendered last night

Many of you will recognize the audio :-)

later

-wolf359
Founding member of"the twelve animators"-

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2004 at 11:51 AM

file_112819.jpg

forgot to post a still :-)

My website

YouTube Channel

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2004 at 12:05 PM

Which method did you use? Cartoon-with-line (P4) or toon shaders (P5)? One problem I've noticed with cartoon-with-line is that it gives jagged artifacts that follow polygon edges in low-resolution models.

NomiGraphics ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2004 at 12:52 PM

I like it :) Very nice little animation! - Noel

Torulf ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2004 at 1:26 PM

Imposing animation. Did you use Mimic? Is the voice a human or a text reader?

TG

Redfern ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2004 at 2:14 PM

I think it's an audio clip "sampled" from the theatrical anime release of "Ghost in the Shell". Can't choose much better scenes than that! Sincerely, Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

Laver2k ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2004 at 2:46 PM

How do u use Cartoon-with-line effectively? Mine turns out quite colourless...

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2004 at 3:16 PM

You have to set the object colour (or in P5, Diffuse_Color) for each material. Cartoon-with-Lines doesn't use textures, bump maps, reflection maps, or transparency.

Laver2k ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2004 at 3:39 PM

Ah ok, I sorta see now...

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2004 at 4:03 PM

Thanks All :-) I used Mimic v1 for the macintosh and used cartoon line mode with one of the original lighting presets that install with poser. i removed all materials and transmaps and assigned simple flat colors to all surfaces with NO highlights. I did run the rendered footage through Adboe After Effects pro to raise the color saturation to emulate the vibrant colors of modern japanese manga. the set up was done in poserpro4 using the DAZ freak and the Dysotopia city block models from rosity free stuff but i did the final 826 frame render from poser5 so i could "work" in other programs while rendering in Mac OSX. got to get to work on some storyboards. thanks for looking :-) -wolf359 founding member of "the twelve animators"-

My website

YouTube Channel

stewer ( ) posted Tue, 15 June 2004 at 3:39 AM

The only thing that puzzles me - how'd you create a wmv file on your Mac?

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 15 June 2004 at 8:13 AM

file_112820.jpg

*"The only thing that puzzles me - how'd you create a wmv file on your Mac? "* I used discreet media cleaner to create the WMV because the smallest Mpeg I could create, from the original 151 MB quicktime ,file was 6 megs!!! this program is **must have** for the serious multimedia professional :-) *-Wolf359, Founding member of "the twelve animators"-*

My website

YouTube Channel

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 15 June 2004 at 8:22 PM

I can crunch it down to a 2.1MB MPEG, myself, using TMPGEnc on the PC, but the artifacting at that level of compression is rather ugly compared to the WMV.

stewer ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2004 at 7:37 AM

Ah, I see. I didn't know there are Mac applications that can generate WMV.

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2004 at 4:20 PM

Yeah, stewer's right. WMP 7 (OS 9) and WMP 9 (OS X) will play most wmv files (except the wmv3 codec), but they won't save wmv files. However, you'd think DivX 5.x would also produce a small file from the uncompressed QT movie. Anobrin Tain? Where have I seen name that before? ;-)

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2004 at 6:04 PM ยท edited Wed, 16 June 2004 at 6:05 PM

I do have a Divx5 codec encoder for quicktime
but so far i have had no success creating Divx movies
that my PC bretheren can view so i play it "safe'
and use WMV or mpeg when i can get mpegs down to a reasonable size.

-wolf359 Founding member of "the twelve animators-

Message edited on: 06/16/2004 18:05

My website

YouTube Channel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.