Wed, Oct 2, 9:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Need a P5 fix for this

richardson ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 6:40 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 9:15 PM

file_113642.jpg

This is early in the process but does anyone know what causes the pixel breakup where the glasses touch the cheek? Hope you do not need my settings. Not using any filtering, though. R

Grey_Tower ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 7:03 PM

It almost looks like a shadow problem. Did you notice the "breakup" in the edge of shadow cast by the nose and to the right of the nose?

PappShmirr ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 8:41 PM

By the way very good picture, very nice pose, and I really like the eye's maybe turn the left eye back to the right just a touch. What settings did you use to render?

richardson ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 9:10 PM

Hey papp. Checked disp maps, ray t, cast sh. Pixel samles @ 5. Focal is @ 3.5(in render options), but I'll change it. Camera is at 48f. I'm bracketing now to see if I can figure it out. 2 RayTlights at 500m and 750map. The rest are global.

DaveK ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 9:43 PM
Online Now!

Great picture!!! Stupid question. Is refraction being used?

richardson ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 9:58 PM

file_113643.jpg

Here's the other problem I'm dealing with...as you can see, Firefly crapped out after it did the hard stuff. I increased the pixel sample to6, and moved the primary light. Also upped the post filter to 2. No effect. Tried this with better glass quality, too. Did fix some other things. Hey Dave. There is some refract going on but have not messed with it too much. I think some blur is happening on her right side. This is good!

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 10:38 PM

looks like it started coming out well. Might want to peek at your shadow bias a bit, too... awesome pic...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Ajax ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 11:51 PM

It's probably the shadows. Are you using raytraced or mapped shadows? If it's mapped, try turning up the resolution of the shadow map.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

stewer ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 3:43 AM

What quality did you set for the refraction node? Maybe increasing the quality can fix it. Or it could be self-shadowing - do the artifacts go away when you turn off shadows? You could try increasing the shadow bias on the light that casts these shadows. As for the stopping-halfway-through, thy lowering the bucket size.

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 6:40 AM

Set shadow map to 2048. Should help with the shadow thing. Also, try switching off tex filtering if you have that on. For hangs: 1. As stewer says, lower bucket size - right down to 4 if nothing else helps. 2. Try one less raytrace bounce. 3. Remove unnecessary displacement maps/bump maps. 4. Use a set of slightly smaller texs - for instance on the body, since it's only visible on hand. Nice pic! You may need a sharper trans for the lashes - they look too 'unfocused' in relation to the sharpness of everything else. :] Fish

richardson ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 8:07 AM

Thanks. Sure the fix is in the responses, here. R

richardson ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 1:38 PM

For posterity, nothing in render options fixed this. Map size had no effect other than making the shadows crisper. Shadow bias had no effect on primary light as a disp. map (.010-2.00). Using Ray Trace as the primary, reducing bias to .010 maintained best pixellation, but was not a complete fix. I tested this with all other lights off and even with nothing but Ray Trace and Cast shadows checked. So...the theory award goes to DaveK! In killing refract, you solve this, but end up with a much less interesting effect. Also sunglasses! But I'm sure another glass option will work.

Ajax ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 4:42 PM

Did you try turning up the raytrace bounces? Can we get a look at the glass shader in the material room?

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.