Wed, Oct 2, 10:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Hey Everyone!!!!!!! (:

CarolSassy ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 5:15 PM ยท edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 10:22 PM

Come on over and see my fractals! Especially the last one. Only 13, count them, 13 people commented. If I were very superstitious that would mean bad luck. Look at it this way: 'Don't knock it til you've tried it!' This advertisement is brought to you courtesy of:
Carol aka Sassy lol (:
http://carolsassy.topcities.com

Carol aka Sassy
If you can't stand the heat,
Don't tickle the dragon!

airlynx ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 5:42 PM

13 comments is a lot for me, but I think thats because I normally post in the middle of the night

kinggoran ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 6:42 PM

"http://carolsassy.topcities.com" You have a website? One of these days when I'll ask you all for your webpage URL's so I can fix my linkpage up with some good fractal links. Right now it's a mess, and I try not to think about it. "13 comments is a lot for me" I'd say it's about average. I don't comment that much myself, and that might have something to do with it. Not as much as I'd like to. But I'm surfing with a 56k modem and when you are surfing with a 56k modem, time is money. And it's so slow I can only watch a few images at a time.

CarolSassy ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 6:58 PM

I'll try to keep an eye out for yours, if you'll keep an eye out for mine! roflmao! q-:

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

CarolSassy ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 6:59 PM

My website is for Paintshop Pro users. I'm in the midst of making a fractal site now over at geocities. (: I only connect up at 33600. /:

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

Beebee127 ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 5:16 AM

I'm surprised sometimes at which images get commented on , and which don't. My favorites don't seem to be crowd pleasers except outside the Rend community, but of course since that means friends and family with no accounts, there wouldn't be comments. My Circus Wagon got only 5 comments here, and yet was chosen by a customer as the image they wanted to use on party invitations. Ya just never know. :)

CarolSassy ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 5:45 AM

Sometimes I spend all morning looking & commenting. There are lots of images I like, but time just runs out. Housework & real life calls to me. ): I'll try to go look at your gallery. (:

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

kinggoran ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 7:10 AM

"I'm surprised sometimes at which images get commented on , and which don't. My favorites don't seem to be crowd pleasers except outside the Rend community, but of course since that means friends and family with no accounts, there wouldn't be comments. My Circus Wagon got only 5 comments here, and yet was chosen by a customer as the image they wanted to use on party invitations." I'm looking at your image right now, and I like it alot. It has good pattern and geometry and whimsical coloring, but it isn't a crowdpleaser. I've noticed this myself when making and posting fractals that there are certain elements that makes them crowdpleasers. I think it comes down to the thumbnail, if people like the thumbnail, they'll like the picture. 1. Bright. If a fractal looks like fireworks with bright colors the thumbnail is more attractive than a picture with smaller details that takes time to appreciate. 2. Overstated meaning. If a fractal is created to resemble something in reality, a bird or a tree and this is stated in the title, the image will draw a crowd. This is not as apperant on my website though, where the topviewed images is very diverse. I don't know... I have to go now, the my dinner is getting cold.

kansas ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 6:59 AM

I don't get many fractals made as I spend so much time looking at the artwork in many of the galleries here at R'osity and leaving comments. I have a slow dialup connection too, so it takes me much of my morning just looking and commenting. Also, I rarely rate anyones artwork as it really has to be 'spectacular' in my book to get a rating. Also, I don't very often vote on images either as they must be really 'mind boggling' to get a vote. I rarely go to the Hot 20 either. It is all so subjective. I have even contemplated not allowing comments on my images. It seems that there is this psychology that 'if I comment on yours, then you will comment on mine'. That kind of thinking doesn't give a very accurate assessment of whether or not an image is 'really good' as far as art goes. Maybe being a senior citizen has effected my view. Hope I haven't offended anyone. Marion

CarolSassy ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 8:23 AM

Yes, I have a slow connection too, and still look around different galleries 'n' comment. Everyone has their 'way' to do things. Don't worry about it! (: ...and I don't think age has anything to do with it! lol q-:

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

kansas ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 8:52 AM

Yes, I agree with you CarolSassy about how each of us have our own way of doing things. But as far as age goes, I do disagree. Now that I am a senior, and look back over the years, I find that being competitive is not to important to me any longer. Yes, it is fun to compete, but the results are not so earthshaking any longer. I do believe that when we are younger, stiving to be and do the best is much more important. Just my opinion. Marion

CarolSassy ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 9:07 AM

Guess we will have to agree to disagree. Even when I was young I wasn't very competitive. In my humble opinion some people are just more competitive than others naturally. And then I feel that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However....unless you really wanna hear it, don't ask me for my opinion. I know a little about a lot of things which makes me very dangerous. roflmao! q-:

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

kansas ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 8:01 PM ยท edited Thu, 24 June 2004 at 8:08 PM

I really don't know much about anything, but if you know a little about a lot of things which makes you dangerous, then I REALLY want your opinion! Let me have it right between the eyes! Marion

Message edited on: 06/24/2004 20:08

CarolSassy ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 10:02 PM

Anything you wanna ask me, ask away! q-: I may shy away from some subjects like politics. lol (:

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

kansas ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 7:31 AM

CarolSassy--I guess I thought you had an opinion about this competitive thing. But then, you did state that you were not very competitive when you were young and that some people are naturally more competitive than others. Guess that is a good enough opinion. Thanks. Marion

CarolSassy ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 8:25 AM

That's true. Oh well, it sounded like fun! (: See you around. By the way Marion, I really like your work!

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.