Thu, Sep 19, 5:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: help!! help help! abmient light is giving vicky eyebrow trouble

black-canary ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2000 at 2:48 PM · edited Tue, 13 August 2024 at 5:39 PM

file_135662.jpg

Hi all, When I render Vicky in vue, I always have this problem where the area over the eyebrow is too dark. I've discovered that by changing the ambient and diffuse light settings on the eyebrow material I can get it to look brighter or darker but not RIGHT. Can anyone help me with this? I assume this is an effect of having 2 materials (head skin and eyebrow) layered in this one area. Help? Vicky hates her messy eyebrows... MaryCanary

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2000 at 11:08 AM

Mary, I wish I could help you, but I can't work out how to do it either. I am terrible at importing Poser characters into Vue. I really hope someone can advise, as I too would be interested in learning how to overcome this problem. Sacred

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2000 at 11:52 AM

heyas; don't look at me, i dont own vicky. is that piece... is that the transparent part of the eyebrow trans map? if so, maybe it isn't black enough to be fully transparent? try fiddling with the trans map's filter and dragging a point near the low end down (er, or if it's inverted, maybe you need to drag the high end up higher. not the END end, but near the end, ya know?)

black-canary ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2000 at 1:08 PM

Nope, no transmap--that's just the regular "eyebrow" material. In poser it just shows up as a separate material, but part of the head's wireframe--like the lips ferinstance. It should just map normally but for some reason it maps darker than the head material, coming from the same map. Did I say map enough times? Now, why don't you go buy vicky so you can figure this out for me? :) Rose I'm working up a tutorial for importing poser characters...other than this dang eyebrow problem I've mostly got the hang of it, so feel free to bounce questions off me. Or bloodsong, who is the reigning monarch of poser into vue! MaryCanary

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2000 at 5:49 PM

Mary....I would dearly love to see the tute. In all honesty...I simply suck at poser..so every possible hint, thought, experience, tweak or even suggestion....is highly sought after by moi :-)~ Let me know as soon as I can bend your ear;-) Sacred

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2000 at 7:21 PM

hmmmm.... why dontcha buy me vicky so i can figure it out for ya?? ;D (i know, that'll mean another delay in you buying dragon factory! i can't win... ;) ) did you read the post by that guy, about how to import michael into vue? did that have anything about funky eyebrows? :/ okay, what happens if you select the head group in vue, then grab it's shader and throw it onto the eyebrow group? just drag it from the preview window up top and drop it onto the eyebrow in the world list thing.

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2000 at 9:07 PM
  1. Have you tried different texture maps and had the same results? 2) Did you try changing the color in Poser for the upper eyebrow to be the same as the lower eyebrow? 3) Are you having the same problem with Michael? 4) Are you posing and exporting without applying the textures in Poser? (I haven't a clue if it makes a difference, but it would help eliminate possibilities.) I can't get this effect when I bring in Vicky. Both Vic and Mike behave for me. Sorry. Maybe if there is a specific texture, I can try to duplicate the effect. (Also, if you send the instructions on how you put Vicky in Vue, maybe I can duplicate the results.)

Hdrider ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2000 at 9:08 PM

MaryCanary, Hello. I left you a message at the PFO about this. To restate, I change the highlight color of the eyebrows to the same color as is used in Poser for the object color. I usually use 252-219-208 for a off pink skintone. For the eyelashes I just use black on black. Try this and see if it helps any. Later, hdrider

No good deed goes unpunished ...

black-canary ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2000 at 6:34 AM

Attached Link: http://members.home.com/chandracrater1

hm, I think the poser material is the key. Since getting vue I've pretty much stopped using maps in poser at all, I just set them all up as materials....BUT I've started using material colors in poser because otherwise it's too disturbing to pose those chalky white models. So I think I exported vicky with a dark eyebrow and light skin and I bet some of that is lingering--I'll try reexporting her tonight if my spouse will let me near the computer (red alert 2 comes out today so it's his turn to "hog") As for upper eyebrows, I just delete those once I'm in vue, I haven't gotten around to doing the trans-eyebrow thing for vicky. As for Michael, I'm still working on making him not so freakin ugly (to my eyes, lol!) in poser before I do any more final pix with him (so far I've done one where he's a werewolf and one where he has a mandelbrot fractal on his face, can you tell I'm enraptured? Click link if you'd like to see 'em!) Sacred Rose, I'd be delighted to help you...and you don't suck at poser! Everything takes time to learn and your "girl's business" has nice posing and all that. Why don't you send me some email @ chandraNOSPAMcrater@yahoo.com (minus the nospam) and let me know what time zone you're in, we can either swap emails or do some chats and I'll walk you thru some procedures...yay, I get to test out some tutes! :) MaryCanary

bloodsong ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2000 at 3:54 PM

heyas; that's weird, because i can't get vue to do both poser material settings AND a texture map. not like poser does. vue does one material or the other, or so it seems. but the highlight strength might be jinxing something up.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.