Thu, Sep 19, 5:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Secret Girl's Business

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2000 at 10:38 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 12:43 PM

file_135489.jpg

:)

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2000 at 1:05 AM

That's pretty neat, Sacred. Did you use that underwater atmosphere or make your own? Good lighting, too. Cheers, Mike

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2000 at 6:57 AM

Thanks Mike. :) Actually, I made my own, the reflections using the underwater atmosphere made the entire scene too dark and unpredictable in the areas I was hoping to focus in on. Even now, there is still an unrealistic clarity to it....the water is too still. But, at least the scene is clearly visible :D Sacred ps, any suggestions on getting better clarity with realistic depth movement would be greatly appreciated.

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2000 at 8:51 AM

file_135490.jpg

This was a preview render on the original scene. The lighting in the foreground was fantastic, but the clarity in the background was appalling. Any hints would be very gratefully accepted. Sacred

dlfurman ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2000 at 11:31 AM

Can you find a caustic type image and does Vue let you put that image in a projector/volumetric type light?

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

black-canary ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2000 at 12:45 PM

SacredRose, this is really neat--I like the watery version better, but I see what you mean about the background. I think that "refraction" is responsible for distortion so turning down the refraction on the water material might help. Also, if you're not going to map the mermaid, how about a procedural scaly material for her tail? Maybe you could swipe one from the fish. I haven't tried that myself, mind you! :) anyway, this is a really sweet pic, nice posing & subject. MaryCanary

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2000 at 1:02 PM

Sacred, I've found that I don't always like the crystal clear clarity of some of my Vue renders, and I've sometimes rendered a completely final scene with complete anti-aliasing and then saved it as .bmp. Then I'll render just a preview at the same size and save it, as well. I don't know what painting programs you might have, but if you have something which allows you to blend the rough version in with the final version, you might be able to get something more to your liking. I use Painter 6, myself. It has this "clone" brush and it works by painting one image into another, and the opacity can be varied by either the opacity controls or a stylus. I'll see if I can quick come up with an example of what I'm talking about in just a bit. I agree with what Mary Canary said...very nice posing and subject matter. And composition, too. :) Cheers, Mike

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2000 at 4:47 PM

heyas; i kinda like the second one... cept the surface of the water looks too close. actually, i think the underwater scene has lots of blue fog. check the fog and haze settings and try turning them down.

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2000 at 5:04 PM

Bloodsong, Hi! That is all. Cheers, Mike <<< one VERY frustrated Rhino user/abuser!

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2000 at 1:16 PM

heyas; stick to the topic, you silly moderator, you! :) (btw, axe and spike made good tutorials on making a rim, go try them!!) oh, and speaking of caustic gels on lights.... well, you can't actually do that, per se. however, you can put the caustic material on a plane/square and stick it in front of your light. i make leafy shadows with gels like that all the time.

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2000 at 1:41 PM

Bloodsong, I hate to be OT and all, but I guess I can get away with it now! :P Only kidding..... Anyway, I've kinda temporarily lost interest in Rhino, because all of a sudden, I'm like totally into Vue, messing around with the functions and transparencies, and all that good stuff. :) I just discovered there seems to be no limit to the number of Vue materials that can be mixed, and therefore, there seems to be no limit to the number of potential materials! :) I also used Rhino to make a rather large (120 characters) 3D text, which I saved as .3ds, hoping for a small file size, with the intent of using it in a Vue pic. My 600 mhz Athlon powered Compaq took about 20 minutes to save this file from Rhino, at about 25% more polygons than normal. It became a 53 MB 3DS file when it was through. I tried to import it into Vue, but after waiting nearly half an hour, my PC crashed HARD. CFTRL+ALT+DEL didn't do anything, and I simply had to turn it off and back on again. Then I tried again, with the same result. So, I wasted a Rhino Demo save, but I think I found Vue's limit? Dammit, I KNEW I shoulda used Amorphium for 3D text! So, people, what's the largest 3D object, MB-wise, that you've been able to drag into Vue? Cheers :) Mike PS I shouldn't say I've lost interest in Rhino, but rather, I've put it on the backburner for now...but I will try the toots, bloodsong; thanks for letting me know! :)

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2000 at 4:45 AM

file_135494.jpg

I took your advice and have finally finished the picture. Thankyou ALL so much for all of your invaluable assistance. I hope you all like the finished product :D Sacred

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2000 at 5:30 AM

Sacred, Yeah! Now that is a relly good picyure you have there. :) I love the addition of the seaweeds, and the fact that you lightened it up makes the surface of the water show up much better. Good job! Cheers, Mike

bloodsong ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2000 at 9:10 AM

all right! this turned out very well, good job :) i like the seaweed ivy thing you added on the dolphin. (as for YOU, mike, i'll send you an email!) :)

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2000 at 9:48 AM

bloodsong, Now you've got me in suspense....what's up? Mike mowenj@mediaone.net

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2000 at 11:47 AM

well... read yer email! :P :) now quit messing up poor sacred rose's thread! :) oh hey! you know i wanted to ask you, sacred rose... what on earth is 'secret girl's business'? or is it a secret? :)

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2000 at 5:54 PM

In Australia...the local aboriginal (tribal natives) elders have discussions - commonly referred to as 'Secret men's business', as women are not privvy to any of this information. Soooooooo, if they can have secret business.....so can girls.o......r in this case, the mermaid and her co conspiritor 'female' dolphin friend ;-)~ Sacred

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2000 at 7:16 PM

oh! okay, good. i feel enlightened now, thanks :)

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2000 at 3:17 AM

Anytime you feel the needs for the power of 'secret womens business', feel free to call upon us :-D LOL Sacred

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.