Tue, Oct 22, 12:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 18 12:33 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: new science fiction and anime weapon. the G10GA shotgunpistol

swfreeman ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 2:39 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:40 AM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com//softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=29468

file_115287.jpg

The G10GA multi purpose PDW is a semiautomatic 10 gauge shootgunpistol,for close combat situations, able to use many different kinds of lethal and non-lethal ammunition. this weapon was mainly designed as "Stungun" but can also be used to fire regular 10 gauge shotgunshells 6 rounds magazine fed, or single shot breach loadet. Thats pretty handy when you have loadet a whole magazine with stun ammo, but you need 1 shot from a different kind of ammo,like regular shotgun ammo, sticky shocker, "CS"-gas or foam, anti cyborg emp locks...or for the bigger punch,special anti cyborg hesh rounds heat or fsd-sabot. a clever mechanism enables you to eject a loadet round, and lock the next round to be loadet.this way you can use the breachloader.

the model is full posable with working receiver, hammer, trigger/safety switch and comes with a empty magazine, a full one and a spare round.

Message edited on: 07/06/2004 02:43

swfreeman ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 2:41 AM

file_115288.jpg

im releasing alternate textures in the freestuff soon. with wooden parts replaced by plastic.

swfreeman ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 2:42 AM

file_115289.jpg

the magazine is removeable

swfreeman ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 2:44 AM

file_115290.jpg

swfreeman ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 2:47 AM

file_115291.jpg

swfreeman ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 2:48 AM

file_115292.jpg

posable receiver and hammer

swfreeman ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 2:49 AM

file_115293.jpg

swfreeman ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 3:01 AM

file_115294.jpg

the function of the trigger/safety mechanism

swfreeman ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 3:08 AM

file_115295.jpg

size in relation to a poser4 female

JenniSjoberg ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 3:45 AM

looking very cool!

CRITIC, n. A person who boasts himself hard to
please because nobody tries to please him.

Philywebrider ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 5:04 AM

Amazing Piece of work...I'm on my way to buy it. Don't forget to let me know when textures are posted. Any rusty battle worn textures? :O)

Philywebrider ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 8:52 AM · edited Tue, 06 July 2004 at 8:56 AM

found a little problem with the names of JPGS and BUM Maps.

Poser asks for "gunframe.bum", so I converted the gunframe.jpg to a bum., but there is a "gunframebu" which I originaly thought was the bum.

magazinebump.jpg was fine I simply converted it to a bum.

shellbump.jpg was fine I simply converted it to a bum.

The "slide" had two "bump" files, "slidebump.jpg" and "slidebumpmap". "slidebumpmap.jpg" was the correct one to convert to bum.

The "triggersaftey.jpg", has no file name indicating it was a bum., but Poser asked for it so I created a bum file.

Poser didn't ask for any bums. for the Hammer, or trigger so I left them alone.

I just mention the above incase someone had any problems.

The model itself seems fine so far.

Bums are required for Poser4, and sometimes Propack when its acting tempermental.

Message edited on: 07/06/2004 08:54

Message edited on: 07/06/2004 08:56

swfreeman ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 9:06 AM · edited Tue, 06 July 2004 at 9:12 AM

Phil, all this is mentioned in the readme file.

the bumpmaps are not in the zip because the filesize would increase more than 100 megabytes, thats why i removed them from the download.
but i have addet the bump maps as jpg file, so the size is much smaller.you just have to convert the jpgs. (readme)

the slide got 2 bumps because i could not deceide wich one looks better :p
just use one of them you like more.
not the whole weapon is bumpmapped. grooves in small details of the weapon are actually modelled and dont have to be bumpmapped.

:D
i hope this explains some of your questions

heres the readme file: 10GA Multi purpose PDW by SWFREEMAN 2004 (All of this product's content was created by SWFreeman) Author: Martin Haeussler aka Swfreeman email: Martinhaeussler@Hotmail.com you can find the model in your characters library-tab called !G10GA. but please read the tipps on the end of the document first (^_^) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- File list: ---------- RuntimetexturesSynthetic Reality gunframe.jpg gunframebu.jpg hammer.jpg magazine.jpg magazinebump.jpg shell.jpg shellbump.jpg slide.jpg slidebump.jpg slidebumpmap.jpg trigger safety.jpg trigger.jpg Runtimelibrariescharacter!G10GA fullmag.cr2 fullmag.rsr fullshell.cr2 fullshell.rsr g10ga.cr2 g10ga.rsr Installation: ------------- just unzip the files into your /poser4 directory Folder list: RuntimetexturesSynthetic Reality Runtimelibrariescharacter!G10GA Usage Tips/Limitations: ----------------------- you can find the model in your characters library-tab called !G10GA . the bumpmaps have to be converted from *.jpg to *.bum. ive removed the *.bum files because of their filesize (more than 100 mb) but ive addet the original source files of the bumpmaps as *.jpg files you can restore them easily (RuntimetexturesSynthetic Reality). they are way smaller than *.bum files because of the compression of *.jpg files. the bumpmap files are called : gunframebu.jpg the bumpmap for the frame of the gun magazinebump.jpg the magazine bumpmap shellbump.jpg the bumpmap for the shotgun shell slidebumpmap.jpg this one is for the slide (there are 2 slide bumpmaps. use the one you like more) slidebump.jpg the second bumpmap for the slide but how to convert these jpg files to *.bum? thats easy. poser can do that itself. it asks when you add the pistol to the scene for the *.bum files. skip this step, and enter the material editor. for example: select the gunframe , and load in the bumpmap tab the gunframebu.jpg. (bumpmaps on the gunframe are important for the wooden parts. the wood materials are called grip and guard) this way you can restore all bumpmaps for every part of the weapon. when you have bumpmapped the gun you can re-add the weapon to your library. by clicking the "+" icon. you can find the model in your characters library-tab called !G10GA . --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- for rescaling the figure or just the full magazine select the whole body or some parts will dislocate. if you use the product the first time enable limits, and try some of the dials to see how the figure should work. the trigger mechanism is very nice. first you have to flip the triggersafety down, this unlocks the trigger :p for questions just email me: martinhaeussler@hotmail.com thank you for purchasing

Message edited on: 07/06/2004 09:12

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 10:00 AM

Looks good .. Is there any particular reason it is PC only? I am just making sure it isn't in an exe or anything :)

swfreeman ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 10:07 AM

no.. its zipped.. it may work with mac too.. but im not familar with macs native fileformats and folder structure in poser. in the readme is a list of the files, and the folder structure. pls tell me if it would work for mac like that, because i will change the pc only atribute to pc/mac then :) thx

jaybutton ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 10:46 AM

I really like this a lot. :) Any chance for a holster in the future? Thanks! Jay

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 11:00 AM · edited Tue, 06 July 2004 at 11:01 AM

Looks great. An interesting weapon. It will look great in renders. I might just buy one.

In the real world? I've got my doubts.....firing a "10-gauge pistol" one-handed would probably leave you seeing stars. You would see the stars after the weapon's recoil bashed it into your forehead. Also, it would be a challange to bring the gun back on-line for a critical second shot. That's a major reason why .44 Magnums aren't used by law enforcement very often - in spite of Dirty Harry's recommendations. For most people, such large-bore calibers are simply too difficult to fire both quickly and accurately.

But, I have to admit....firing a weapon like this 10-gauge would bring some excitement into one's life......one way or another.

A fantastic looking model. Worth the price of admission.

Message edited on: 07/06/2004 11:01

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

ElorOnceDark ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 11:01 AM

Wow! Great looking piece! I'll have to pick this one up!

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 10:32 PM

From what I can see it should work since the path seems to be short enough for the textures. I think the path preferes to be a ":" instead of a "" though ...

swfreeman ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 2:38 AM

file_115296.jpg

Vertices: 24447 Triangles 2643 Quadrangles 20575 Texture coordinates: present Texture points: 25163 24447 Per vertex normals Normal indexes present

Kageboshi ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 2:55 AM

Great looking weapon, man. My only comment... good lord, the recoil on that thing! Maybe you could model a muzzle brake attachment, or something?

Flak ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 2:58 AM

Very cool looking gun. Very nice looking modelling.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

Philywebrider ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 5:10 AM · edited Wed, 07 July 2004 at 5:12 AM

The recoil is dampened by a small containment field that reacts to the felt recoil and reduces the recoil to near zero. On some of the larger weapons the recoil is ulitized to actualy boost the speed of the projectile(s) as they leave the barrel, increasing target damage ten fold. The system was designed in 2210 by George Quincy. He discovered the principle trying to use bovine flatulance as an engery sourse. (that idea floped) After a few unfortant, (for the cattle) accidents, the "Georgy" effect was developed.

Remember the title of the thread "Re: new SCIENCE FICTION and anime weapon. the G10GA shotgunpistol"

Message edited on: 07/07/2004 05:12

swfreeman ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 5:34 AM · edited Wed, 07 July 2004 at 5:36 AM

its much easier to explain..

the weapons main usement is delivering rubber stun ammo to a target at short distances.

the weapons does make a "bompf" sound instead of a "bang" when firing..i think thats because of reduced powder charge in the stun ammo.. you want to stun and not to kill.

the specialized anti cyborg hesh ammo is build to produce massive impact enery. it got a relative slow muzzle velocity, but the soft explosive tip deforms and detonates on impact.

and even with regular ammo isnt the recoil that hard.. you can fire a .50 m82 sniperrifle onehandet because of its recoil brake.(the gun should be supported by something of course :p ive seen that in the m82 presentation video,the guy was demonstrating shooting the m82 onehanded. ) the recoil of a m82 is a little bit stronger than a shotgun and shotguns have no muzzlebreak :D ...

so i think firing a extreme short shotgun should not be the problem because of its lower muzzle velocity.
pistols havin much more speed. a .44 Magnums is way faster and got more recoil...

Message edited on: 07/07/2004 05:36

swfreeman ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 6:24 AM

Attached Link: http://www.serbu.com/SS1.MPG

heres a video of a similar weapon, the "serbu super shorty 12 gauge 3 round mini mossberg maverick" it got a bigger caliber than the G10GA and you can nicely see the recoil of that weapon.. doesnt make it to hard to fire it one handed

Philywebrider ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 6:54 AM · edited Wed, 07 July 2004 at 7:05 AM

Actually 12 Gauge is smaller
28 Gauge,
20 gauge,
16gauge
12 Guage
10 Gauge

Shotgun gauges are determined by the number of lead balls of a given diameter required to make one pound of that size ball. Thus 10 balls of 10 gauge diameter are required to make one pound of such balls, or 20 balls of 20 gauge diameter are required to make one pound, and so forth. This is the traditional, and very old, system.

Message edited on: 07/07/2004 07:03

Message edited on: 07/07/2004 07:05

swfreeman ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 6:59 AM · edited Wed, 07 July 2004 at 7:08 AM

ok :p always love to learn somethin new... ever thought gauge is some wheird colonial measuring system..lol

Message edited on: 07/07/2004 07:08

lalverson ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 6:38 PM

My only wish is that I coiuld buy this one...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.