Tue, Oct 22, 3:08 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Corrupt 3DS on export ???

spoodge ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 6:00 PM · edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 8:37 AM

Anyone know why poser suddenly exports trashed 3DS files?? I don't understand why this has just started to happen. Using Michael 3 with morphs ....maybe this has some thing to do with it ? Using poser 5....also tried poser 4...same thing....anyone had experience with this ??

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 6:51 PM

Are you exporting the whole michael 3? I know that victoria 3 can`t be exported on my computer.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 2:14 AM

It is best to export as Wavefront OBJ unless the program you're going to import into doesn't support it. The 3DS format is limited to 65535 vertices, so the millenium figures will have to be exported as multiple pieces if that is what you are doing.

neilp ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 5:48 AM

Victoria 3 contains over 147,000 Faces and is a very detailed mesh. It can be exported but not as a 3DS file because, as R Hatch explained, 3DS files are limited to 65535 Faces. If you are using 3D Studio Max you can download Habware's OBJ2MAX and MAX2OBJ plugins which will allow 3DS max to import and export OBJ files.

spoodge ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2004 at 6:12 PM · edited Mon, 12 July 2004 at 6:15 PM

Ok...many thx 4 the replies..the files corrupt no matter what i'm exporting (entire body or just head, arms etc). I'm already using the Habware plugs..but another problem arises when using them....mainly when i import the .OBJ into Max..i convert to editable mesh...but i'm unable too use soft selection in vertex mode to manipulate the mesh....no matter how small an increment i use the entire mesh is always selected.
Michael 3 WAS exporting to 3DS without any problems...but suddenly went t*ts up.
Anyways...i wasn't aware of the export limitations of the 3ds format, and my patience has worn out....enough to reformat and install winxp...lets see what happens ;)

Message edited on: 07/12/2004 18:15

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.