Wed, Oct 2, 11:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Got a hot new character and cannot save her from error message...!

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 9:51 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 9:36 PM

There was a problem in saving. Save could not be completed... When I render, saved renders are gone, too. Checked this 10 times (p4 drafts) in tiff. Same proceedure..no changes..no new downloads. I'm stuck. I suspect a missing morph but I hate to guess. Anyone ever deal with this beauty? Don't want to redu this...she has a gozzilian morphs. ,prozac

RawArt ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 10:12 AM

Perhaps try saving her as a character file by clicking the "+" in one of your figure libraries....then re-start poser and try your save again. Rawn

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 10:29 AM

Rawnrr, She is a saved character...The error is saved with her. Anyway, I just suffered a crash while rendering to make a screenshot. She's gone...

RawArt ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 10:36 AM

My condolences...it sucks losing work like that (I should know...I had 3 hardrive crashes this year LOL) Rawn

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 2:00 PM

If she's saved as a cr2 then you might be able to use Morph Manager to transfer her morphs (with their values still set) over to a fresh cr2. You can also try using your saved cr2 to create a MOR or INJ pose and use that to apply the settings to a new figure. Or do it the painfully hard way and read through the cr2 by hand to get the values. Good Luck!

shadownet ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 9:08 PM

As Lyrra stated, if you have the cr2 it may be possible to recover the figure. So, don't give up hope until you first try some of her suggestions. :O)

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 9:28 PM

Hey shadow, Just imed her. I backed up one Previous stage of figure and now it has the same problem. This fig has too much to copy and also has magnets. Custom glass eyes, nodes, settings, morphs on separate parts....on and on. I'm not giving up. Just got a fire under my...

shadownet ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 9:36 PM

So what it the error you are getting?

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 9:43 PM

1st was "sharing violation" when I tried to delete a corrupted PZ3. In a save, I now get "Could not complete this save operation There was a problem writing to disc"

nakamuram ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 10:01 PM

Did you try saving the PZ3 to another drive? Preferably an external hard disk.

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 10:05 PM

Nak, Not in that tech catagory yet, I'm afraid...Sounds like a good plan for those who have it.

shadownet ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 10:09 PM

What about the cr2 you have. You said the problem is in it also. What kind of error/problem are you getting there?

nakamuram ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 10:10 PM

How about saving the PZ3 to a Zip Drive?

Lyrra ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2004 at 12:52 AM

Well I can't put my figure on any one thing that would casue that kind of error. Now I've gotten all sorts of weird errors caused by crashing during a save or render, and I've even had some random errors casued by objects poser didn't like that day. (really ..Monday it was fine, I use the prop in a different pic Tuesday .. and it wouldn't render. Diva program) Generally poser likes to eat its own files, so I'm not terribly surprised when I have a pz3 or cr2 go south on me. if the pz3 is bad I try extracting the cr2. if the cr2 went south, then you get to recreate the figure. Save early, save multiple steps and test regularly until you either find or eliminate all probable causes. Then if you find out the error was caused by something you did ... NEVER do that again :)

richardson ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2004 at 10:19 AM

My bleedin 120g harddrive is full! Never thought it would come to this! PZ3s...guess I saved a little too much. Lesson #4276

logansfury ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2004 at 2:26 PM

"1st was "sharing violation" when I tried to delete a corrupted PZ3" I got this all day yesterday. I had opened a PZ3 in poser to see what it was and determined that It was an old enough version of a render to delete to save space, and when I attempted to, It would not allow deletion until poser had been closed completely. Evidently even when you hit the File>Open or File>New option, poser just doesnt completely let go of the last pz3 it was reading from. This happened to me on PPP. Good Luck, Id love to see the char your trying to recover Logan

shadownet ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2004 at 2:34 PM

I believe the sharing violation is a windows thing not a Poser thing.

logansfury ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2004 at 2:38 PM

Could very well be, this did happen on a win machine. (not a particularly cranky one though!) Logan

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.