Sun, Sep 22, 12:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bryce 3D not appliying bump map, help!

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 1:01 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:31 PM

file_118351.jpg

I had my first attempt and subsequent success with a UV map on my dragon model today. Bryce had no trouble applying the map, and applied a bump to the wing membranes. But for some reason it won't apply a bump to the body or wing fingers. I tried different maps for the body, but no luck. Any suggestions?

Flak ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 1:36 AM · edited Fri, 23 July 2004 at 1:37 AM

Could you give us a screen grab of the material settings (in the mat editor) for the body that you're trying. That'd help a lot in finding you a solution.

Message edited on: 07/23/2004 01:37

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

tjohn ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 11:03 AM

Yep, screen shots are a must. Otherwise, it's like trying to repair a car over the telephone. And we LOVE to help.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 2:56 PM

file_118352.jpg

Oops sorry! I wrote that last night when I was tired, and wasn't thinking straight. Ok, here's the material window. Even setting the bump to 100% or -100% won't result in any change. At first I used the UV map, no bump. Then I used this texture, no affect. I tried using a different texture all together, and still no bump.

Kemal ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 3:24 PM

Hmmm, by all means, that should happen, is it your bump texture size 0 more or less than that ??? Try size 50 and bumps all the way up to 100, this is just a guessing, we need more screen shots !!! :)

tjohn ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 6:20 PM

Parametric mapping doesn't always show up, depending on the object, I don't really know why. Like Kemal says, you should try sizing it smaller (larger numbers, smaller size). Also try changing the mapping type from parametric to object space, world space, object cubic, world cubic. Sometimes I try all of the mapping types one by one until I find one that looks best. Hope this helps.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 6:24 PM

I'll try, thanks. But Bryce 3 doesn't have "cubic" mapping as far as I know.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.