Sun, Sep 22, 4:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:52 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Want to win a free copy of our new product???? ..*evil smile*..

TheMadPainter ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 9:32 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:32 PM

Ok here's the deal on my little contest..I just uploaded a new product which is in pending now and should be released late this week. I want you to guess what that product is. I don't want how many files there are or need the exact name which would make this to hard. What I am looking for is good guesses. Now for the rules..rule 1) answers such as building or clothes will not count, but answers such as barn or hat or shirt are a good guess. All those that guess it right within 24 hours of this posting will win a free copy of the item that is now in pending ( which for now is a secret to you). Rule 2)One guess per person. If no one guesses it within that 24 hour period, I have an idea to give you all another try by guessing something else about some promos I will show you of the item. The only hint I will give you is this: I made this for V3 and its not something you see a lot of. Good luck to all and I hope we have a few winners. Happy guessing, TheMadPainter

sixus1 ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 9:36 PM

Mimic-Ready, conforming, mechanized, penis with clown wig ? --Rebekah--

sixus1 ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 9:40 PM

Have to admit, you don't see a lot those in the market ;p Before anyone says anything, I wanted to say for the record that I am joking and that I am not insulting TheMadPainter or the creator's products. Gotta remember that a joke in person doesn't always go over well on the net sometimes. That and I am not known for my great sense of humor. Now that I have killed the joke utterly. Good luck with your contest :) --Rebekah--

TheMadPainter ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 9:40 PM

haha, thats a good one..Rebekah........I sure had a good laugh...I can see your post leading to some strange guesses now though....LOL..to be mean I will keep you waiting till tomnorrow night to see if that Guess is a winner... TheMadPainter...

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 10:46 PM

ok... my guess is the same thing -- but without the clown wig....

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 10:48 PM

and btw -- I don't why I didn't think to IM you -- having some email trouble with your addy. been that way most of this last week.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

TheMadPainter ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 11:26 PM

Oh yeah, much better guess without the wig...LOL.....anyway ynsaen, go ahead and IM me and I will check every so often to see if I get one...if nothing else maybe I can give you another email addy to try....I never usualy have any problems unless someones isp is using spam blockers maybe..had problems with that once, I know my end is ok..

pizazz ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 11:29 PM

Jewelry = not enough out there for V3...

amlaborde ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 12:08 AM

A complete dress outfit for V3?

KarenJ ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 12:18 AM

Drat, I was going to say jewellery! ;-p How about a shoe pack? (and if there's a morph for fluffy bunny slippers, it's going on my wishlist!)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

TheMadPainter ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 12:40 AM

Good guesses people, keep it up, I would love to see several winners...and for those guesses that are wrong, and if enough people feel more of that product is needed I will see what I can do about making some of those things...and remember if no one gets it right, you will have another chance after I present the promos tomorrow night, of course it will be a guess on something else about the promos instead of what the product is.....I can't say yet till tomorrow night if anyone got it cause I would love to see several winners..and don't be afraid to try unique items that are rarely seen....evil smile TheMadPainter

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 1:00 AM

A fur stole, ocelot or maybe mink, with little rubies where the eyes used to be. Victoria is so not P.C. sometimes...

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 1:46 AM

sarong or other ethnic wrap-type skirt?

DanR ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 2:13 AM

A handbag(UK)/purse(US)?

TheMadPainter ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 2:34 AM

Very nice guesses indeed, keep them coming, I will even bend the rules and you can have two guesses each. I must go get some sleep soon but I will check in again after that and see how everyone is doing...good luck to all who take that chance and guess, TheMadPainter...

UrSAng ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 3:21 AM

1 Suit for M3/D3 2 Trenchcoat V3/SP3

shadowblade ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 5:43 AM
  1. a morphing fur coat. 2. a ski outfit

notime6 ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 6:05 AM
  1. a 12 pak of big honkin' Granny panties from sears 2. a hawaiian "Moomoo"

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 6:06 AM
  1. Flannel night shirt (you know, the kind women start wearing right after they get married). 2. Bath robe. And why would a penis need to be mimic-ready? I could see the wig though...

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 6:10 AM

and a partridge in a pear tree

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Jcleaver ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 6:12 AM
  1. Beard 2. Everyday pants.

SolidusSoft ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 6:25 AM

poseable wheelchair

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 6:43 AM
  1. A sweatsuit 2. A loose, naturally hanging T-shirt.

barbie4364 ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 8:36 AM

A Hawaiin grass skirt and bikini type top? That would be too cool. I am seriously looking for one. Lonni :)

TheMadPainter ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 11:26 AM

It is great to see all the things you folks are coming up with and I appreciate all the participation so far. Keep those guesses coming, you have approx ten hours left to try to win a brand new product...oh and Jackson, if it were mimic ready could it not make for a most interesting talking cartoon?...scarey thought I know..LOL.... TheMadPainter...

pendarian ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 11:32 AM

barbie4364, there is one over at RDNA done by Dave71 :)

KarenJ ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 11:36 AM

Another guess, well I will go for a jewellery pack then cos I would also like to see one of those!

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

barbie4364 ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 11:55 AM

Oh my gosh! Thanks pendarian!!!! I found it!!!!! Lonni :)

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 1:01 PM

Sensible shoes - non-fetish, heels under 9" in height, not easily mistaken for lethal weapons. ;-)

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 2:12 PM
Online Now!

Either what Crescent said or a button up Marks & Spenser blouse/shirt (without peel-back morph).

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 2:56 PM

non-military space-suit (for exploring asteroids and lounging on the flight deck while traveling between stars)

pokeydots ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 3:06 PM

hmmmm I think she will get a Cigarette, ashtray, and a beer! And some old lady underwear! Just kidding! I really think maybe n everyday "normal" pair of Pj's instead of all those sexy things that she could never wear around the kids! And some slippers :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

TheMadPainter ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 3:21 PM

These guesses are just wonderful, thanks for all the participation..much appreciated...we've got six hours left to go, so keep those guesses coming....This also gives me some good insight into what some of you folks would like to see in the market place... TheMadPainter

pokeydots ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 4:22 PM

Pleated Skirt and Saddle shoes?

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

Blazerwiccan ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 6:28 PM

Hmm I am no good at these things but I will guess Either like said above real PJ's/ bathrobe, you know something for night time and loungeing around the house, ones that really cover her and her parents would not blush to see her in. Or maybe a good jogging outfit, like sweat pants, a sweat shirt, running shoes. Ok I tried can not wait to see what you have made.

shadownet ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 7:16 PM

Heya, Kitty, these are some great answers. But their are so many things it could be. You just gotta give them all another chance, and another clue to help them narrow down their options. :O)

TheMadPainter ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 7:23 PM

hmm..another clue you say huh....well, ok I can ablidge you with that seeing as I had a lot of fun with this little contest....ok folks..there is just a tad over 2 hours left...so here is another clue:: ahmm..it is a clothing item...one that can look great in lace and something that to my knowledge Bluebeard hasn't done yet...haha...and you can all have up to 3 guesses...so those that did one or two already can guess again up to a total of three....but remember there is only 2 hours to go.....

DanR ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 7:38 PM

Wedding dress?

shadownet ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 7:46 PM · edited Mon, 26 July 2004 at 7:47 PM

Wow, what hasn't Bluebeard done in lace that's clothing? He is the king of lace!

I guess a pig....in a tutu
with ballad slippers
and a beanie cap....

What do you mean, I can play? right?
No? :o(

Message edited on: 07/26/2004 19:47

pokeydots ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 8:13 PM

A Veil? A Pair of Lace socks? A pair of shorts with lace trim?

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

Jcleaver ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 8:13 PM

Garter belt

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 8:16 PM

Jeeze, what hasn't Bluebeard done? Kneepads? ;)

TheMadPainter ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 8:43 PM

Shakes mommy finger at shadownet...no..no..you can't play...now there is less than an hour to go....still a little time for a few more guesses...Jackson, I think you are correct that BlueBeard has not done lace kneepads yet...LOL....but what he has done with lace is pretty awesome indeed...

pokeydots ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 8:48 PM

Is anyone close to the correct answer yet? lol

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

shadownet ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 9:01 PM

Ah, Kitty, what'd say? Maybe one more clue? eh? I mean, time is almost run out...

TheMadPainter ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 9:03 PM

sigh* no, pokeydots, not realy..there was one guess that was kind of in the general area of the 'mystery' product..but not that close...but never fear I have a great idea...so this contest will have a winner(s).....and I think this was a hard one cause in all my poser days I think I only seen 2 in the past.....and not like ours....although as a last minute hint I will say I seen it requested....

pokeydots ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 9:04 PM

A lace petticoat

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

TheMadPainter ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 9:05 PM

A quicky last hint....ahh the wishing well is a great place for ideas...smiles*

pokeydots ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 9:07 PM

I'm looking in there now! lol

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

pokeydots ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 9:10 PM

Isee lace ribbons and hair bows :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

TheMadPainter ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 9:13 PM

pokeydots....think about your grandmothers chest or trunk...an item that is an accessory....classy...just perfect for those cool nights....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.