Fri, Aug 2, 11:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 31 8:13 pm)

Subject: Sci-Fi guns?

MINTY1974 ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 8:33 AM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 3:11 AM

Hi all. Does anybody know where I can get my hands on some 'FREE' (Big emphasis on the word FREE LOL!) Sci-Fi guns that are smart propped to DAZ' Mike 1 and V1? Please let me know if you do. Cheers Minty

DunjeonProductions ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 9:06 AM

I know that DAZ has some sci-fi guns available in free stuff, they may work for you...

Questor ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 10:18 AM

file_119411.jpg

They're not smart propped to anyone, but I have a couple (free) scifi(ish) weapons knocking around looking for a home, if they're any use.

nomuse ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 10:35 AM

Nice stuff, Questor! There's also Dodger's site, if you can find it. Some of his stuff appears to be here -- http://www.vanishingpoint.biz/freestuff.asp?StartNo=33

dirk5027 ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 11:29 AM

Questor I want them I'm sure others will too

cedarwolf ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 12:27 PM

Oh, yeah...these are sweet...may I have a set also?

MINTY1974 ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 12:44 PM

Questor you top man! They look absolutely perfect. How do I get hold of them? Cheers!

Questor ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 12:53 PM

Attached Link: Temporary Free Download

Fair enough. I'll make them available for a couple of days. Click the link to go get the models. The larger image is mapped for individual weapons so you can choose what you want. Basic textures and part colours for poser are included with each model. Have fun, happy rendering.

dirk5027 ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 1:12 PM

thanks i grabbed em :)

MINTY1974 ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 1:36 PM

Thank's so so much mate, I only hope my renders do then justice. Cheers. Minty.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 1:39 PM

Great guns. Thank you!

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 1:50 PM · edited Thu, 29 July 2004 at 1:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.buckrogers.demon.co.uk/3d/raygun2.zip

file_119412.jpg

I put this ray gun in the freestuff. It is texturable.

Message edited on: 07/29/2004 13:53

slinger ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 5:37 PM

Thanks loads Questor. :)

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

numanoid ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 6:09 PM · edited Thu, 29 July 2004 at 6:13 PM

Attached Link: http://www.vanishingpoint.biz

file_119413.jpg

www.vanishingpoint.biz

Aliens smartgun.
Aliens marines rifle.
Starship Troopers morita.
Starship Troopers Fleet Morita.

Some other stuff there as well.

Message edited on: 07/29/2004 18:13

numanoid ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 6:10 PM

And thanks Questor, those are great designs.

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 6:49 PM

Nice blasters! Thanks, Questor. Mike & the Behemoth are gonna love 'em.

Questor ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 7:06 PM

You are all very welcome. Have fun.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 7:14 PM

Take the second one down, stand it upright, and fill it with coffee beans! ;^) Actually I'm not kidding much. Years ago I designed 32 attack robots for a game and one of them shot scalding hot coffee as her weapon. (The space station had been taken over by an evil entity and the good worker robots... secretaries, janitors, welders, and hydroponics workers... were all converted to serve as mobile weapons. It was fun to think up what would be needed to maintain a station and then how to make it deadly.) Carolly

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 9:06 PM

"Actually I'm not kidding much. Years ago I designed 32 attack robots for a game and one of them shot scalding hot coffee as her weapon. (The space station had been taken over by an evil entity and the good worker robots... secretaries, janitors, welders, and hydroponics workers... were all converted to serve as mobile weapons. It was fun to think up what would be needed to maintain a station and then how to make it deadly.)" oh gods.. not... Scrubbots! arrgggghhhhhhh* *anyone thats played Paranoia will know what I mean... clean.. inside and out....

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 9:37 PM

That wasn't System Shock by any chance, was it, hauksdottir? First shooter I ever played that literally had more weapons than my character could carry.

Richard T ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 6:17 AM

Thanks very much Questor for the weapons, they will come in handy.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2004 at 1:47 AM

I can't get the DBolter, It hangs at 23% :-(

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2004 at 1:18 PM

Some of them do drift into "You used a nuclear hand grenade to stop the hijackers?" territory... Still, it's all well-made stuff.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2004 at 4:52 PM

Thanks a ton Questor

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 5:27 AM

file_119414.jpg

Little Dragon, If I lived for almost 900 years, maybe I'd have a memory like yours, too. :) I usually end up with more weapons than needed in these games, but that it because I try to avoid combat if there is another way around the obstacle. It was challenging doing the AI for them: thinking of skills and personalities and how to make them appear rational. Example... sensing would be by heat, motion, contrast or vibration depending upon which robot and its regular job. A welder would rely upon heat and a floorsweeper upon pattern recognition and a guard upon motion detection. So if you show up and hold still, the guard might pass you by, but the sneaky little welder can find you as long as blood passes through your veins. A floorsweeper might only act if there are 3 other floorsweepers nearby (cowardly), a lone mechanic might keep fighting as long as it has 10% functionality (brave). Some will pursue only as long as they have reliable sensing (lazy), others will keep nosing around trying to pick up the trace again (relentless). So I made a bunch of numerical fields and assigned values to yield distinctive personalities. I'm an artist, not a programmer, but I know that players will give the AI more credit for thinking if it *acts* human. And acting human is something I've studied. [note, you're wondering what planet I'm from?] I'd got them designed and pretty much sketched and developed, when the project director called and said that they'd hired someone inhouse who was an expert with 3DStudio and he'd get to do the robots. :sniff: His are ok, but they look like everybody else's. So they gave me 4 areas to design and do background tiles for. I'm especially pleased with the gardens. (And no, I'm not responsible for the invisible mutants lurking there.) The game picked up a few awards and I got a pin at the Game Developer's Conference as an Honored Developer. :rustle, rustle: This one was in my portfolio for a long time. I really liked DPaint. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.