Sun, Sep 22, 12:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Any market for my models?

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2004 at 2:24 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:30 PM

file_120003.jpg

Ok that there is a WIP dragon of mine. I wanted to put a few inexpensive figures n stuff in the marketplace to help raise money for better software (I'm using Bryce 3 and Poser 3 o_O ) I had intended to "Poserize" models like this dragon but it turns out that Poser 3 doesn't do that (or morph targets =/ ) quite the way I wanted. So my only remaining option is modeling static objects for Bryce. Since there's very few animals (that I've seen) in interesting poses available for Bryce, I thought maybe I'd put together a few packs containing several posed models (in more interesting poses than my lil dragon up there...that's kind of a "default" pose ;) ) But it takes a long time to pose something in my mesh modeler, so I just wanted to know what y'all experts think before I invest a lot of time. No point in making a pack of 15 figures that no one will buy ;) So, if I made say, a pack of 10 - 15 posed dragon models compatible with Bryce, including UV maps, listed for $5, do y'all think it'd be worth buying?

draculaz ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2004 at 3:24 AM

from the looks of your model, yeah, it would sell :) drac (not a merchant)

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2004 at 3:29 AM

Interesting. I already have Poser 4/ProPack so it will not do me any good, but I am interested in hearing what others have to say.

Sambucus ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2004 at 6:21 AM

I would imagine that for people without Poser these would be very useful. The one problem with Bryce figures is they are not easily posed so if you included a few pre posed models (flying, landing, aggressive etc.)I think that would sell. 10 to 15 poses for $5 sounds a little generous to me. Nice model. BTW.

foleypro ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2004 at 9:30 AM

Get together with a person who can use PoserPP or Poser5 for New Creations and let them add the Skeleton and pose for you and then give them a Percentage of the sales until you make enough to buy Poser5,Dont buy PoserPP,I say this because there are a few bugs in Poser5 but eventually they will be Hashed out and Fixed,But PoserPP wont get Updated much anymore and it is almost the same Price as Poser5 and with P5 you get so many more tools available at your finger tips...Have fun...Get Bryce5 for $60 over at Daz...

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2004 at 11:11 AM

grins Thanks everyone, that made my day ^_^ I've only been using this modeler (Wings3D) for a few weeks so I don't have much confidence in my abilities, hence the low price ;) I thought of teaming up with someone, I'd like to do that sometime. I figured I ought to smooth out my modeling skills first though. Anyone wanna volunteer to team up with me? ;)

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2004 at 1:48 PM

yeah..just breeze past us normal Wings modelers..;) looks great, you could post it at Tb Sq*d, then you'd only have to sell one..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.