Tue, Oct 22, 4:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Do Multiple Runtimes have to be named RUNTIME

Dizzie ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 1:45 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:56 AM

or can I call them ahhh say, V3 Runtime or Michael Runtime? I've just called them Runtime so far. I just now thought of naming them.. Thanks!

Mint3D ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 2:16 AM

Yes kind of, poser 5 cannot find in its libraries other than runtimes. BUT you can make folders like V3/runtime M3/runtime Whatever/runtime just that second folder is named runtime it works:) i hope this is helpful

"Windows 7 crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death.
No one hears your screams."

msg24_7 ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 5:39 AM

No, only the main runtime has to be called runtime. All external "runtimes" in Poser 5 can have any name. As soon as you add a folder to your libraries from within Poser, the program will create the necessary folder structure... libraries/character... libraries/pose... Those new "runtimes" can have any name and can be located anywhere on your computer. Even on CD/DVD.

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

Berserga ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 7:50 AM

hmmm... cool

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 9:02 AM · edited Tue, 03 August 2004 at 9:03 AM

To be technical, the Runtime folder must be called Runtime. But it can be underneath a folder of a different name. Your default Poser runtime folder is under another folder anyway. You can install Poser into any folder you want. I have Poser 4 & Poser 5 folders, rather than installing under Program Files.

Message edited on: 08/03/2004 09:03

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 10:00 AM

Thanks BB! This is how I have always seen it and my plugin depends on just that (whatever:Runtime:etc.). Though, would be interesting to 'experiment', just in case... :/

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Dizzie ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 3:18 PM · edited Tue, 03 August 2004 at 3:23 PM

Great! Thanks for all the replies! It did make all the Libraries folders but it didn't make the Geometries or textures folder...so if I install a product to the V3/Runtime folder, just let it make those folders?

Message edited on: 08/03/2004 15:23

msg24_7 ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 12:45 AM

You should put all textures and geometries into the main runtime. Best thing to do is, you install/unzip your file into a temp folder. Copy the textures- and geometries folder into your main runtime. Then, as Bobbie suggested let CorrectReference(Pro) work on the library files in your temp folder. The you can put all the library folders or their content into any "runtime" to your liking. You may rename the folders, whatever. Any "special-folders" like the !DAZ folder that's located directly under libraries should not be renamed and should go into the main runtime's library folder.

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

Dale B ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 6:55 AM

I'd be =real= careful about doing the textures and geometries that way. It is very easy to corrupt them, and a corrupted file will hang Correct Reference in a heartbeat. The installers -whould- create the proper directories in the new runtime folder; about the only thing to keep in mind is to consider the actual created runtime folder like the root folder that Poser is in. There should be, in that folder, a geometries, libraries, and textures folder created, and the actual library folders should be nested in the 'libraries'

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 9:12 AM · edited Wed, 04 August 2004 at 9:13 AM

One problem with creating your own runtime folder by scratch is that many figures require some geometry folders that you might not even anticipate. Examples, Cameras, Lights, Deform, Props, p4 nude man. Heck, I've even seen one living room pz3 file that required Hollywood Hair's geometry... maybe that's because Vicky was in the scene? I've created my own Runtime template which includes those needed geometry files (I copy them from the Poser 5 runtime.)

Message edited on: 08/04/2004 09:13

Message edited on: 08/04/2004 09:13

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.