Sun, Oct 6, 12:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Figured it out......finally

ladymist95 ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 2:09 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 5:47 AM

file_120250.jpg

Well, after months and months of not knowing how to use uvmapper to create a texture map for an .obj model, I finallly figured it out today. Now I can start to create real textures instead of the plain ones that I normally am forced to use due to my stupidity.

The object is just a test object I created for my gas station. Don't know if I will put in just depends on how well it turns out in the end. The texture curently on it is in no way the texture I will use it is just a test texture to learn how to use uvmapper.

The model is not completely done either, I still have to add the gauges and valves. Will probably be done as a separate object for easy of texturing.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 2:21 PM

Congrats...I'm still on the list of "stupids", as I still can't figure it out. If I could ever get the damn object sorted out by pieces then I'd be OK....but still can't objects segregated by there parts. DOH. The continously ignorant ;) LOL

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 3:31 PM

don't feel bad, I've had it explained by experts until they're blue in the face, but I still don't get it..;) congratulations..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

danamo ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 7:32 PM

Congrats! I just started to get the hang of UV mapping myself as of late. I finally knew I had it down when I was able to show someone else how to do it. Very nice job on the tank by the way.

waldomac ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 9:32 PM

Same here, danamo. I whiled away many an hour and never got it right, until just about two weeks ago. It is very gratifying. Congratulations, ladymist95. I can tell all of you where I kept high centering. I simply didn't realize you have to save the obj from uvmapper. I kept trying to put the mapped texture on the old obj file that didn't have uv coordinates. When I finally realized I had to save the obj from uvmapper, life was good after that. Stupid, stupid, stupid. An example of the old addage that, "If I can do it, anybody can." Two years of spinning my wheels. 'Bout time. :-)

danamo ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 10:58 PM

Lol, I know the feeling waldomac! I think that was one of the goofs I made as well. The great little tutorial that Sharen of SAMS3D wrote about UV mapping finally helped me to have a "UV Epiphany". I hope they didn't remove it from their site.

pogmahone ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 2:10 AM

Attached Link: http://www.unwrap3d.com

I'm a fan of Unwrap3d, find it very easy to understand (which isn't usual for me with any software!). Also, it converts a huge number of file-types to and fro, so it's worth having just for that.

ladymist95 ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 10:43 AM · edited Thu, 05 August 2004 at 10:45 AM

Attached Link: Template Tutorial

I made a tutorial on how to make a template if anyone is interested. I was bored and really need to get a life :) At the top of the Tutorial you can down load MapperTut.zip which has the Gas Tank.obj model in it which can be used for any purpose you want commercial or noncommercial, too lazy to finish and post in freestuff section :)

Message edited on: 08/05/2004 10:45

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.