Sun, Sep 22, 9:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Need Help creating Poser Clothes in Carrara

venolin ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 12:02 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:35 AM

I have Carrara 2.1 and Poser 5. I want to create clothes For different Poser Characters. I am very new at this and was wondering if anyone had any advice or knows of a tutorial for doing this. Thanks in advance. Venolin by the way are there any websites dedicated to Carrara or forums (besides this one)?

thomllama ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 5:52 AM

there are quite a few sites for carrara. here, 3dcommune is full of nice people, there is the 3dxtract digital mag which you can sign up for free and many others. do a google/yahoo search :) there is also a yahoo forum/mailing that is for carrara/raydream. as to the poser clothes, not sure, I have thought about it myself but just haven't tried yet. have fun

Hexagon, Carrara, Sculptris, and recently Sketchup. 

nomuse ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 12:54 PM

I've done it. Doing it now.

venolin ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 12:54 AM

nomuse

Is there any advice you have for starting out? do you import the whole figure .obj and build around it? do you know of any tutorials to go through the basic process? How do you do it?

any help would be great.

thank you in advance
Venolin

falconperigot ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 8:33 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1848736

There's a useful example by brainmuffin in this thread. HTH, Mark

nomuse ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 12:00 AM

Whew! Finally done with an extremely hectic couple of weeks at work. I'm not gonna make much sense until I've caught up on sleep, tho. I'll be trying Brainmuffin's method on my next out. So far I've been importing a torso or simular portion from Poser then contructing new shapes around it in the Vertex modeller. Generally, by starting with a circle or a hand-drawn poly-line, adjusting it to fit, then extruding over and over again, each time adjusting the current cross-section. The few shoes I've done have been done more with creating polylines along the basic contours then rather laboriously stitching them together. I've a few pointers I can share, tho; Name selections of polygons, and often. Named groups will translate into the groups you will need for rigging conforming clothing, later, they are a simple way of seperating materials (you can rename them later), and they make it easier to select and manipulate parts of your mesh. Related to this, plan for UVmapping. If you keep collars and pockets and things as seperately named polygon selections you will have a much easier time spreading the whole thing out for UVmapping. You can always "collapse" the names later. Plan for face-splits. I know there is some argument on this but I still find the simplest way to handle sharp edges in Poser is to keep the faces on each side of the edge seperate. For that reason, I always select all and uncrease within Carrara; I want the Carrara display to be identical to that of Poser's smoothed display. I'm pretty sure I've posted my current working method in some previous thread. I'm not about to make a tutorial, though, as I am still developing and trying to find the best workflow. Hope my random, first-day-off-in-weeks, jottings make sense and might even help a little.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.