Fri, Aug 2, 10:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 31 8:13 pm)

Subject: Insufficient disk space - the cure (Q Fix)

maclean ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2004 at 10:35 AM ยท edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 12:13 PM

For the first time in 6 years of using poser, last night I got the 'insufficient disk space to render at this rez' message. Tried about 10 times, closing opening, rebooting, etc. So I thought I'd post this fix as a reminder to y'all. Now, I can't remember who originally posted this, but I'm grateful to them. It was called Q Fix and whoever thought of it had a simple system. You make a new folder somewhere outside Runtime and copy the files from the main Poser folder into it. There are 8 files for Poser 4 (don't bother with the readmes), including the Poser.exe and Poser.rsr. If possible, you should make the copies after a clean install. When Poser starts to get uppity, all you do is replace the Poser files with the clean copies you made and everything goes back to normal. Which is exactly what I did last night..... and rendered. mac PS Another tip - The main file poser.rsr should always be a 'read only' file, NOT archive. This prevents it from becoming corrupted too quickly. Just right-click it and change it to 'read only'

SWAMP ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2004 at 4:07 PM

Your welcome....glad it helped you. SWAMP

maclean ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2004 at 4:44 PM

Ah, swamp....... now I remember. Doh! Well, thanks a lot. It's a really handy thing to know. mac

Byrdie ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2004 at 8:15 PM

I had the same problem last night, bloody frustrating. Will this fix work on Poser 5?

maclean ( ) posted Mon, 16 August 2004 at 2:05 PM

I haven't tried it on P5, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't. Try this just to be safe. Don't overwrite the original Poser files. Move them somewhere else, then copy in the fresh set. If there's any problem, delete the fresh set and move back the originals. mac

Byrdie ( ) posted Mon, 16 August 2004 at 2:36 PM

Thanks. Will try later on and let you know how it works out.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Mon, 16 August 2004 at 5:35 PM

The insufficient disk space error has commonly been known to refer to a conflict between Poser and your Windows swap file. Two solutions have commonly been offered: 1.) Adjust your swap file settings. 2.) Install Poser on a different hard drive, and then run a defrag on the odd times you again get the message.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.