Sat, Oct 5, 11:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 1:56 pm)

Subject: how to fit a hair in a model?

phenomenom ( ) posted Mon, 16 August 2004 at 6:26 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 9:30 AM

In DS, I was working with some characters who their hair files was character objects, so.. they conform authomatic with the model, like the choths. Now I'm using a model, but the hair who I need is in the hair library, this hair don't fit like the other and don't have option for to do this. How can I fit the hair in DS?

MallenLane ( ) posted Mon, 16 August 2004 at 7:09 PM

Select the Head before you load the hair.

phenomenom ( ) posted Mon, 16 August 2004 at 7:25 PM

WOW... thank you MallenLane!!!

Momcat ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2004 at 5:09 PM

I figured that out today. I'd loadthe hair, and it would parent to
the chest or something else..it finally dawned on me to select the
head first..perfect fit >^_^

casey_42 ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 9:33 AM

file_122969.jpg

This is my third try to post to this thread, maybe it will work this time. I downloaded one freebie hair that refuses to lad in the proper place, it can be moved to fit but it must have been designed for Stephanie petite or something as it loads everytime like a blind fold and I have to move it up and back to fit it. Casey_42, the Old Newbie EZ Duz it

casey_42 ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 9:35 AM

file_122971.jpg

Of course it looks great when I do fit it :) Casey_42, the Old Newbie EZ Duz it

Momcat ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 9:41 AM

Yes, exactly. If the hair was designed to fit another model, it will fit to the coordinates of that model's head. If you want to adjust a hair model to a different figure, bring it in when the figure is at zero pose and adjust it it. make sure it is parented, and then..I don't know if D|S does this, but in POser you would save the object back to the library as a new hair for that figure.

casey_42 ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 2:51 AM

Yes I could do that, but as I use the hair for three different modles I just make the adjustments but thank you for the idea, might make three different objs and put one in each of the folders for the figures. Casey_42, the Old Newbie EZ Duz it

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.