Fri, Oct 4, 6:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: Funniest troll(?) ever

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 12:42 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 6:19 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=742517

You know, I was reading stemardue's post and replies last night about the quality of critique left in the galleries. I was going to respond to say that I'd always been pretty lucky with constructive critique but since I must have participated in discussions like that a dozen times already in this forum I left it. Then I posted a fairly quick render last night and went to bed... this morning I found this comment on the pic, I nearly spit my coffee all over the monitor laughing! OK s/he might be a troll and could have phrased it a little better, but it's a fair point! (and actually gives me an idea for an expression pack... would work well with my "Undignified V3" poses...)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 12:52 AM

I must say, you're a very good sport. :-)

FlyByNight ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 12:58 AM

Oh, goodness! LOL! I really like her eyes.

FlyByNight

elizabyte ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 1:05 AM

LOL!!! Yeah, "Undignified Expressions" sounds like a winner. :-) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Roy G ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 2:37 AM

You should do a follow up image. Well... perhaps not. :)

stemardue ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 2:44 AM

Well, since you mentioned that thread of mine... I'm here ;) I won't spend any word abot that Fox pal, but about your figure, maybe you just overdid a bit with the face morph dials. For the rest, the portrait itself, the light and the background are nice, the hair is quite good to my eyes. If you like postworking, -the frame is a good hint ;)- maybe try to copy the pic layer over itself in multiply mode with an opacity setting of 30-50%, blurring it a bit, to give depth to the light/shadow contrast... (just an idea). Happy troll-hunting ;) - err... happy rendering!

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 2:59 AM

LOL!! I know this post was preparing us for something on your gallery, but that comment just took me by surprise~! Anyway, if you think about it, any expression someone displays in anger, concentration, or confusion could easily translate to that as well. hehe. ;-)

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 2:59 AM

Well, you did say "Constructive critique always appreciated". I don't know if that particular example was constructive, but she does look a little pale, and is definitely concentrating hard on something not altogether pleasant... :)

Simderella ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 3:35 AM

hehehe.... now if anyone can't have a giggle at that comment, i think they may take life too seriously.. She does look a little 'strained' but thats up to u. turn those dials however you wish i say.. ;)

My Gallery

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 3:40 AM

Ummm...scuse my ignorance, but what is a "troll" (i.e. in the context of user forums like this one)...i've seen this expression used before, but couldn't work out what people were talking about.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 3:53 AM

In forum context, a Troll is usually someone, previously unknown peep (can you say clone account?) who wades thru the galleries, leaving nothing but snide remarks like "U SUCK" or something similar, often with a spelling that clearly mirrors the person's intellectual level. Karen, this remark is actually pretty funny. Not the best of wording, but not mean. Just an opinion L She does look tense. I wouldn't have thought of things like that though. More like a mild headache :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

stewer ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 6:00 AM

Attached Link: http://www.eps.mcgill.ca/jargon/jargon.html#troll

the more or less official definition of "troll".

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 9:22 AM

You are such a good sport Karen...I find that comment amusing myself. LOL

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 10:30 AM

sometimes a troll is someone who don't know when to quit..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 12:24 PM

Hehehe, I am still giggling about it tonight. Well you know us English, we love toilet humour :o) If I ever get so big-headed and puffed up that I couldn't see the humour in a situation like this, somebody just please take me out and shoot me! I'm definitely going to put that in a pack of free "Undignified Faces" now, so if anyone's got any requests for other weird or funny expressions, let's hear them!

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

brynna ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 7:41 PM

My favorite facial expression (one I actually use on other people) is...

Eyes crossed, tongue sticking out.

Boy, you wanna throw someone for a loop that'll do it! LOL

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

Dell Desktop XPS 8940 i9,  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Monitor - My 50 inch Hitachi TV. Works great!

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.

FreeBass ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 11:01 PM

Request; "Constipation" Ya know....eyes squeezed tightly shut, grimace w/ teeth bared, veins stickin' out @ the temples.....

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

Foxseelady ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 12:48 AM

Karen that is amusing (the comment I mean) straight to their point I do say lol. You really are a good sport and it's a refreshing thing to see someone not take a comment to seriously. ;) Cheers to you!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 7:10 AM

undignified? hmmm.... taking earwax out with little? fingernail checking for belly-button lint brushing/flossing teeth applying mascara or lipstick zipping into jeans which really ARE too tight that look when you step off a curb you didn't know was there and jolted your spine bit your tongue or burned it on coffee or Thai food swallowed a mosquito discover that grubs taste like pine nuts (yum), but have that same gritty-slimy texture of avocado and lima beans (ick) concentrating on buttoning up the back of a blouse sneezing

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.