Sat, Sep 21, 5:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Texture Problems after MAX import

Holli ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2000 at 3:24 PM ยท edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 7:43 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: Texture Problems after MAX import

file_136990.jpg

Here is a little problem that really confuses me. Both characters where P4 Woman imported in MAX3.1 Both have the same texture or "should have" There figure in fron is a imported 3ds file The bitmap has these strange holes and white lines appear on some body parts. But here I can work with sub-textures like the cell glow as seen in the picture. The figure in back is a imported obj (HABWARE) The bitmap looks fine but I can't get any sub-texture working. Why ! Whats wrong ? Did I miss something ?

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2000 at 5:04 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=2104

The lesson here is only use OBJ files ;-) What's a sub-texture? Before I forget, try asking this in the MAX forum section as well: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=2104 -JH.

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2000 at 7:32 PM

Use really need to use MAX Pose to get it just right. It costs $100 full version but you can geta demo for free :) -Colt

U91731 ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2000 at 8:37 AM

Are you sure you don't have a reflection map on? If so, you can either turn it off or make it a texture map instead of spherical reflection. It almost looks like a reflection map is applied. Also, I usually have to modify the normals when importing an object file. Usually there a few body parts that don't take the maps without Modify Normals.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.