Tue, Oct 22, 7:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Vue 4 update problem

zxcvb ( ) posted Sun, 22 August 2004 at 7:26 AM ยท edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 8:21 PM

hi all just updated vue 4 from 4.12 to vue 4.22 and it now won't load any poser 4 files , i have been useing vue for about 2 years with no problems untill the the last update and it stoped importing poser objects the moment i updated vue to 4.22:-( when i try and load a poser file vue 4 says (importing poser objects requires curious labs poser software to be installed on your computer , please locate the poser application now) poser 4 has been installed on my computer for as long as vue 4 has , when you press ok totry and locate it says (an error occured while reading poser file (error #-10005). plese contact e-on software if this problem persists) then you press ok and it says (unable to read poser file) and it give the location of the file:-( If anyone's got a idea whats going on i would be very happy , i have posted this at e-on's site , but no answer yet Thanks for any help andy

nanotyrannus ( ) posted Sun, 22 August 2004 at 9:41 AM

Andy- I don't think there's tech support on the weekends, at least that's the impression I get when posting to E-on's site. I avoided upgrading to 4.22 for precisely this reason, I had heard previously that there were some issues like this with 4.22. I would recommend you update only to 4.20, as that is the last update that really improved and fixed major bugs, and since you don't have poser 5 you don't need mover 5 which is 95% of the update to 4.22. Hope this helps.

Doona ( ) posted Sun, 22 August 2004 at 7:28 PM

I just checked my copy of Vue and I have version 4.22-02. I have Poser 5 installed and I'm not having any trouble with imports. I sure wish I knew how to work the lights, but at least I am able to import.

mouser ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2004 at 10:19 PM

Are you using the Mover plugin, if you are you will have to update that as well. Same will go for the renderfarm.

nanotyrannus ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 11:37 AM

There is no seperate update for mover only, it is included as part of the update to the main program, the render cows do have a seperate update though.

mouser ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 9:11 PM

Oops your right, the Vue update includes the mover update.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.