Sat, Sep 21, 6:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Bladewoman help

Warangel ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2000 at 12:57 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:10 PM

I think Bladewoman is a cool character. I have tried to apply a map to her skin, but it never matches up properly. I have contaced Wyrmmaster, who made Bladewoman, and he has read my message, but offers no response. Does anyone know what figure she is based on? How to get a skin map on her? Or some utility that will pull a template off of her so I can apply a tex map? Thanks.

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2000 at 2:03 PM

Try www.uvmapper.com

Warangel ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2000 at 4:48 PM

I have tried UVMapper. It loads her up all screwy. Any other ideas? I really want to learn more about textures.

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2000 at 5:51 PM

How do you define screwy?

Warangel ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2000 at 6:36 PM

I pull it into UVMapper, then choouse new planar map. It still stays messed up. Too many lines. Looks like garbage. Ihave used UVMapper for other things, and it has worked well. Just not this. IT is my first experience at something with objects attached. I have deleted as many objects as possible, even gone into Carrara, and deleted from the 3DS model, then exported as OBJ. It seems like so much work, and still isn't helping me. Does anyone know Wyrmmaster? Or one of the other guys who has used Bladewoman? I just want a skin template for her.

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2000 at 8:52 PM

You should not have given it a new map. Most likely the prop UVs are overlapping the figure. Export it without the hair and costume to get a good map, and use the existing mapping.

Warangel ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2000 at 9:05 PM

Ok, I have tried that. The map is really messed up. I deleted the hair, and the costume, till I have just the figure left. I can put a map on that ok. Problem is now that I have an object that when put back into Poser, will not work with the character. The costume is built around her figure. I try to turn the figure invisible, but parts of the costume dissappear. Would you be willing to try this yourself, and send me a template for her? Thanks.

afish ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2000 at 11:20 PM

Select "woman" figure under objects. Check off "texture changes apply to entire figure." Load your texture. Select metals, shoes, gloves, Glove and change the texture map to "none." amber

Warangel ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2000 at 12:01 AM

Thank you so much. That works very well. No wif I can only figure out to get good eyebrows and eyelashes, I am set. Any suggestions Amber?

afish ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2000 at 8:22 AM

Go to Poser Factory, there is an eyelash prop there. http://www.interq.or.jp/red/pandt21/ The characters there also come with a good lash transparency map. For eyebrows, I think I saw a brow prop here in the freestuff or maybe propsguild....there is one floating around somewhere. amber

afish ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2000 at 8:39 AM

Attached Link: http://www.aimilc.ne.jp/~rainbow/e_html/prop.htm

The eyebrow prop is here amber

Warangel ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2000 at 10:06 AM

Thanks. I found a good eyelash prop. I am rocking now. Look for a picture soon in the gallery. My first attempt . And Amber, if there is anything I can do for you, let me know. By trade, I am a high-level Flash programmer. In case you need it. Thanks again.

coroner ( ) posted Thu, 03 May 2001 at 4:20 PM

I just downloaded BladeWoman and brought the figure up in Poser 4.0.3 + Pro Pack and I found that she is missing "facets" on her head, neck, and legs. You can see right through a few rectangular "holes" in her thighs and head, and a large irregular patch is missing such that you can see the inside of the back of her shoulder. Has anyone had this problem or know how I can fix it?

wulfie66 ( ) posted Thu, 03 May 2001 at 5:51 PM

That is a problem with Pro Pack, not with the bladewoman herself...I experienced the same problem and after reverting back to Poser WITHOUT the pro pack installed, she comes up fine..

coroner ( ) posted Thu, 03 May 2001 at 7:25 PM

I figured as much. Well, perhaps I'd be motivated to fix this figure to work with Pro Pack. I exported the figure to 3DStudio Max and examined the surfaces with the errors, and although there are verticies defined in the areas which come up as "holes", there are no surfaces associated with those surfaces in 3DSM. Being a 3DStudioMax neophyte, can someone inform me of how to "patch" those holes?

wulfie66 ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2001 at 3:53 AM

I could easily patch the holes in Lightwave...I've been using LW since it's inception...dunno about 3dsmax though...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.