Sun, Sep 22, 12:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Light domes with interior scenes

lgp692000 ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 6:20 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:39 PM

file_124996.jpg

where should the light dome be place for an interior scene, should you increse the size so that its completly outside the "room" or just bump up the size so that it fits withing the "room". This is what I am working on and I have it big enough to be all outside with shadows off and a single diretional cone for the shadowing, any suggestions?

thuleke ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 7:13 PM

For interior scenes: No dome lights....Prism lights 10 lights x 10 lights x 10 lights....or whatever. Prism Lights in the room. Is my mehtod... visit: www.pixelarq.com, architecture section.

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 7:31 PM

And 'where' on your site do you explain using prism lights? What are prism lights anyway.....

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

lgp692000 ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 7:44 PM

Never heard of prism lights either. should they be placed in a cube-like formation? Is that what you mean by 10X10X10? And should they fill the entire room? Thank you for your response thuleke, but this unit needs more input! :)

Ornlu ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 8:00 PM

I'm not sure that a light dome really applies to this scene... What I'd do is make a square of omnis outside of the room. from above positioned where you want the light source. Also, probably make the center lights on the cube the most intense, and fade out towards the edge. Just remember when you add lights they get more and more intense. So use low values. no light dome will really work for this image.

Ornlu ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 8:02 PM

@thuleke why don't you share that background image as an instance throughout the flash presentation so that it doesn't have to load on every screen.. Either that or compress that background image.. it must crush modem users.

thuleke ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 8:03 PM

file_124997.jpg

Top view

thuleke ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 8:04 PM

file_124998.jpg

Front view

thuleke ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 8:05 PM

file_124999.jpg

Render...

thuleke ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 8:07 PM

@Ornlu....ok...sorry. In next contribution...

lgp692000 ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 8:07 PM

@thuleke wow! that is awsome work. I get it, cept should I conform my lighting to the room itsel, would that help?

Ang25 ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 9:58 PM

Umm that looks really great, but I'd like to know more about what intensity values you used and do all the lights cast shadows?

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 11:12 PM

Ang, good point, I was about to ask the same thing....:)

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 11:16 PM

Looking at the tables, glassware is going to show up all those lights with strange shadowing and relfections, the center table has starbursts under the glasses....

tjohn ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 11:22 PM

And why are those black cups on the center table casting those odd radial lines? The rest of the image looks amazingly natural and real, though. Impressive, Thuleke.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

tjohn ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 11:23 PM

Oops, crosspost. :^)

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 11:37 PM

:) it's ooookaaaay....I'm trying to find a natural way to light my factory, so I'm keeping tabs on lighting threads, now to get those pesky dust motes floating in the light....

Ornlu ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 12:12 AM

Ahh volumetric lighting in bryce = evil.. Just do it in post.

thuleke ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 12:42 AM

In the light dome all lights cast shadows. Are 249 lights , cast shadows, color (is the key): 30,30,30 RGB, and fall-off is linear. Glasses is my problem...transparent is THE PROBLEM!!! Pro-render is the answer ?

Kemal ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 2:56 AM

Not likely, cuz as I seen Pro-Render examples by Pumeco, he has no shadows in his renders, only true ambience "shadow" produced by setting sky dome ambience to black and turning true ambient ON in render settings. This combined with almost identical values for ambience and diffuse in material settings make his renders look the way they do. But, there is no true soft shadows there or real radiance, nothing can simulate infinite amount of light sources in Bryce. We can only do little "dirty" tricks, lol !

Erlik ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 8:26 AM ยท edited Fri, 27 August 2004 at 8:28 AM

Well, it appears that the server ate my first reply... The radial lines are caustics from all the lights in range. You might try making the glasses opaque or completely smoothing them. OTST, try lowering the refraction to a very low value. There won't be a refractive surface between the lights and the table then. And the glasses are small enough for that not to be noticeable. Zhann, you might try creating strips of five to ten radial lights and positioning them in numbers above the scene, to simulate the fluorescent lights.

Message edited on: 08/27/2004 08:28

-- erlik

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.