Tue, Oct 22, 1:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: Morph question.

Kristta ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 1:02 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:39 PM

I have a character that was created by someone for the Mil Girls PT model. The character has a pronounced (ok, large) bosom. Was this done with a morph? If so, how can I put this morph into PT clothes so that this character isn't bursting from her dresses? Kristta

logansfury ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 1:23 PM · edited Tue, 31 August 2004 at 1:26 PM

Hi Kristta,

I just went thru this in reverse, trying to morph down the breats of a bodice for a large-breasted char down to fit a slender framed character.

You could try the utility MorphManager found here:

http://www.morphography.uk.vu/dlutility.html

this is designed to put char morphs into clothes.

If the character shape was created with magnets rather than morphs, you can apply magnets to your clothing item and expand the chest area of your garment. Magnet tut is here:

http://www.morphworld30.com/tutor.html

its about halfway down page, look for Working with Magnets 1, which is what I used, just follow the nose morph steps and replace the Additional Figures>Head Woman piece used in the tutorial with your garment, then adjust magnet positions accordingly.

One thing to note, if you follow the tutorial as is just to get practice first, and make the nose morph it teaches you, there is one typo in the instructions:

When all is said and done here are my final values for the Magnet:

zTran -0.011
yTran 0.050
xRotate -19
scale 86

should read:

When all is said and done here are my final values for the Magnet:

yTran -0.011
zTran 0.050
xRotate -19
scale 86

note its just a simple typo where the y and z trans are swapped.

Finally, to help you with the clothing edit if you go the magnet route, here is the link to the thread with example pics where I show my edit of a bodice for a char it wasnt created for:

http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1907402

Hope this helps :)

Logan Edited for pre-morning-coffee-typo's

Message edited on: 08/31/2004 13:26

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 1:27 PM

Also, if the clothing completely covers the body part, making the chest of the figure invisible might do the trick, without having to morph the chest. Jack

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 2:48 PM

If I may correct logansfury - Morph Manager does not transfer character morphs to clothes, it will only work between identical meshes. Possible solutions are: 1) Making the collars invisible, if possible, as suggested by jevans; 2) Using magnets on the clothes - easy if the figure has magnets attached, harder if not; 3) Use The Tailor (from DAZ) which does transfer figure morphs to clothing. However it involves expenditure, isn't always perfect, and works on Windows only.

logansfury ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 5:57 PM

aw crap!! see what lack of caffine does to me? Thanks for catching that EnglishBob, I had used MorphManager and The Tailor for the same project and got em mentally scrambled :) sorry to send you the wrong direction there Kristta. Logan

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 3:07 AM

No worries LF, I see I made a bit of a boo-boo myself, now I read it back... :) If Kristta wants to use the larger chest, then making the figure's collars invisible won't work because the clothes will still have the smaller size; and if she doesn't want the larger chest, then she can just turn the morph down to 0.000, which will work for any clothing style. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed caffeine. I'm surprised I'm able to function at all, really... :/

Kristta ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 7:17 AM

Thank you all for the suggestions and ideas. I think I'm going to get The Tailor once my credit card recovers from my latest shopping spree. Sounds like it could be useful. Again, thanks to everyone. Kristta

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 8:14 AM

The Tailor is useful, no question. I find it invaluable for adding a whole range of body morphs to clothing quickly; just don't think of it as being a magic wand, because it won't be perfect every time. It usually fails when the morph is making things smaller, then the clothes crumple and cling unnaturally. It's inevitable, given the way that The Tailor works.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.