Sun, Sep 22, 10:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Complaint & Debate

Welcome to the Complaint & Debate Forum

(Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:07 am)

Please read the article on the front page regarding the closing of C&D.

Subject: What the heck happened to the Al Gore T-Shirt??

timoteo1 ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2000 at 4:49 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 8:21 AM

Please don't start a political debate as a result of this post, but I'm just wondering why the Al Gore T-Shirt has disappeared? I don't particularly want it, but fair is fair ... and the GWBush one is still up. So what gives? Are the moderators that blatantly biased or what? Just curious. -Tim

Scarab ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2000 at 5:09 PM

Their response is in the Complaint and Debate forum. You can judge for yourself. Scarab

Maxxtro ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2000 at 5:13 PM

"Please don't start a political debate as a result of this post" LOL... It got deleted by Jeff for good reasons, If you still want it you can find it at the Render'otica's free stuff section.

timoteo1 ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2000 at 5:26 PM

Thanks for the info. No I don't want it, but I also don't like to see heavy handed pro-Democrat partisan politics on Renderosity.

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2000 at 10:51 AM

timoteo1, in general artists tend to favor Liberal/Democratic viewpoints. I'm honestly surprised at the number of Conservatives I see around here!

Scarab ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2000 at 1:58 PM

I think that is a misperception, CharlieBrown...QUIET artists tend to be conservative....and you just dont hear from us much..... Scarab<-"be vewy, vewy qwuite....I'm hunting wittle gway donkeys.....huhuhuhuhuhuhu!

timoteo1 ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2000 at 2:29 PM

Charlie: Yeah, well in-between cleaning our guns, promoting racism, and using our wealth to keep the poor down, we also like to create things in Poser and Bryce. Mostly people toting shotguns, killing people, and in general blowing things up. But hey, at least we're creative. ;-) DISCLAIMER: I know Charlie picked up on the heavy-handed sarcasm since he is an intelligent guy, but for those of you not so swift, I AM BEING VERY SARCASTIC. Although, you are right ... just look at the movie industry. Republican actors -- except for a very few like Arnold and Mel Gibson, whom the liberal Hollywood "mega-blockade" can't touch -- are actually afraid (literally terrified of losing their livihoods) to "come out of the closet." There were a few really good articles on this a while ago. But for some reason, most "artsy" type people tend to lean towards liberalism. (They also tend to have Macs ... another pet-peeve of mine ... but that's another whole flame-athon!) My guess is it has to do with that whole McCarthy era and everything (blacklisting of suspected communinsts) back in the 50's. Things like that take a LONG time to be forgotten. People like this feel the need to be able to express their artistic freedom, and they see conservative/Repubs as "THE ENEMY." Which strikes me as hilarious/sad in this day and age when Dems seem to advocate more censorship than the Repubs. Again, just my 2 cents ... and then some. -Tim

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.