Wed, Sep 25, 3:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 2:58 pm)

Subject: P5 script for default expanded parameter dials?

Svigor ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 1:16 PM · edited Sun, 18 August 2024 at 2:07 PM

Does anyone know of a script for setting how you want the param groups set and which are expanded by default? I'm assuming there's no way to do this in stock P5 of course. It seems as though they reset every time I close Poser (or maybe every time I open a new scene, I can't remember). What I'm getting at is that I'd like to have just the transform groups expanded by default, and have the rest collapsed. I use the transforms waaaaaaay more than the rest. It only takes a second to collapse the offending groups, but it gets old real quick, and every second counts since they all add up.

ockham ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 2:16 PM

No, Python can't do that. In general, Python doesn't have much control over the layout of Poser's UI. There might be a way to do this by rewriting one of the XML files, but that would be sort of dangerous.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Svigor ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 2:59 PM

Drat. Thanks ockham.

hogwarden ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 5:20 PM

The expanded/not expanded states are specified in the cr2/pz3 in the P5 dial groups sections and I was sure that the current expanded states of the dial groups got saved with the file... (I'm not so sure without testing it...) but whenever the file is loaded the states will be set to those stored in whatever figure you load. Well I've been working on a program which will help with dial group issues... provisionally named DialGrouper, it should help out all those P5 users who find Daz's inability to accept Poser 5 as a valid Poser version as frustrating as I do! Unfortunately I've had to break off development to work on some other projects...:)) DG will allow you to set up "preferred" dial groups for each type of figure. Judy is really well laid-out morph wise. She has loads of dial group sections for each body part so wouldn't it be nice if all your V3 characters and figures in pz3's could be automatically fixed to match your "Preferred V3 Dial Group Template"? That's the idea with DG... you set up one character's dials into groups and DG will apply this template to whatever files you want. A natural part of the system will be specifying which groups are expanded at load-time. I should re-start development in a few weeks time... when my latest program has gone to press... Howard:))

Svigor ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 6:05 PM

Howard that sounds fantastic. Like I said every second counts, and they add up quickly. Are you planning on a freebie or commercial release?

hogwarden ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 6:43 PM

Hehe... Yes... I'm fed up with searching up and down for a particular morph in the list. Seems like I spend 3/4 of my Poser time hanging on that scrollbar! I'm afraid it will be a commercial item but in the "price of a packet of fags and a pint" $10-15 range (depending on how long it takes to write!) H:)) ps. Please note fags(UK)=cigarettes. We don't really buy homosexuals in packets.

Svigor ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 7:44 PM

Here we do but they cost about ten quid... Okay that was a really stupid joke...

hogwarden ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2004 at 6:24 AM

My stupid joke was worse... apologies:)

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2004 at 11:23 AM

There's a thread somewhere about injecting those groups into a loaded V3 figure. Like a few others I've made my own grouped V3 CR2, but I can't upload it to freestuff (DAZ would get VERY angry with me!). It's easy to fix the CR2s. Just load it in a text editor and do a search for "collapsed 0" and replace it with "collapsed 1".

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

FreeBass ( ) posted Sun, 26 September 2004 at 9:36 AM

Group settings can be saved as a pz2...IM me if ya wanna copy of my GroupNoder tingy. Or just wait a while & it'll be in freestuff....eventually 8-)

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.