Tue, Sep 24, 7:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Selective antialiasing?

andymoraitis ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 5:29 PM ยท edited Wed, 14 August 2024 at 10:43 PM

Hey all,

I have a scene working at the moment where I'm using some really ruddy metal textures, however they look lousy when antialiased while some items do need it. Is there a way for me to disable AA for a specific group of items while enabling it for the ones I need?

TIA

Andy

Message edited on: 09/24/2004 17:33

PJF ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 5:43 PM

Try this: Select group. Open the attributes dialog. Press down and hold the shift and Ctrl key whilst exiting dialog (then release). If this doesn't work for the objects as a group, you may have to ungroup them and try it.

PJF ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 5:49 PM

Ooh, to re-enable anti-aliasing, repeat the process but only hold down the shift key.

andymoraitis ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 6:07 PM

Thanks! I'll try that and see how it goes. It should be pretty easy since only one item needs an AA pass :)

Aldaron ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 6:26 PM

And FYI it doesn't work on trees or metaballs

andymoraitis ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 8:28 PM

I have it a shot and it didn't seem to work on anything. No matter, I guess I'll just keep dialing up the bump maps and mapping modes. Thanks anyway to both of you:)

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 10:02 PM

file_130476.jpg

Should work as PJF had noted. Make sure to try ungrouping an object, and using the process on each individual object. I believe I had ran into that problem, where I couldn't "globally" affect various objects in a group. I had to do them one by one. AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

andymoraitis ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2004 at 6:49 AM

Well that's going to be tough. There are 400 objects in the scene. I may test it again in a separate scene file and see how well it goes, before attempting it in mine :) Thanks again, Andy

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2004 at 6:57 AM

Oh, man...I see your point, lol! AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Aldaron ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2004 at 1:42 PM

You can use the icons and menus at the bottom of the screen to select families (if you set them up) objects by type and for imports meshes. This way you can select the individual objects without the group being selected and do it many objects at once.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.