Sat, Sep 21, 6:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Ideas on Non-poseable 'fabric' prop?

dharmalion ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2000 at 1:02 PM ยท edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 6:13 PM

file_137740.jpg

You'll see on this picture the 'scarf-type' object I need to drape over my current character. This need not be poseable, but I'm having a hell of a time modeling this. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do next?

Nesterenko ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2000 at 1:48 PM

3DSMax. SimCloth or Stitch. www.render.ru

Fox-Mulder ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2000 at 2:20 PM

Attached Link: http://poseworks.8m.com/tu-wave.html

If using Poser only, try using the Wave Deformer and Magnets. The Wave deformer can make a "head" like impression in a flat plane, while magnets can be used to further stretch it like real clothes. These are actually really good tools in Poser but few people seem to use them.

Fox-Mulder ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2000 at 2:23 PM

Attached Link: http://mail.curiouslabs.com/poser/magnetTutorial/magnets.html

Here's the magnet tutorial...

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2000 at 5:20 PM

heyas; i make stuff like this with ray dream. basically i just use a 'wiggly' line cross section and bend the extrusion path the way i want the cloth to flow. the trick, though, is getting the cloth to flow over/around the figure. for that, the figure has to be in ray dream (you can import all/part of the figure). i can adjust the flow of the cloth in one window and watch it drape over the figure in another. other programs probably can do something similar.

gideon ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2000 at 11:10 AM

There is a cloth plugin for 3dmax that does just this. It can be used with animation as well. It is a bit slow to render depending on how many vertices are used in it's calculations. Check out the habware site...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.