Sat, Sep 21, 6:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Poser/Bryce Hair Trnas details for Renderer and anyone else interested...

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2000 at 10:21 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:34 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: Hair Transmapping Tutorials message link...

file_137926.JPG

Thanks to FT and dcrich, I finally got the details worked out on using hair trans mapping in bryce. Basically, I went by the steps outlined in the tutorial dcrich pointed us to... [in the message link] and played around with the transparency and ambiance setting til I was satisfied. I included screen captures of the materials settings I used to hopefuly make the process clearer if anyone else is having uncertainties with it. It's important to make sure the trans map image has an aplha setting, and to set it to Blend transparency in the texture options! Now that I've gotten this worked out... I can't wait to try this character in a full fledged scene. Btw, this technique will make for a long render, it added almost two hours render time on the scene test I did, but the results are worth it.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Marty188 ( ) posted Thu, 23 November 2000 at 11:31 PM

Attached Link: http://members.xoom.com/WebPager1/index.htm

Sounds good! That's what I'm currently interest in is making the hair for the poser models. MartyLogo

Ironbear ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2000 at 12:54 AM

Cool... if you turn out stuff even close to as good as Kozaburo's and Confucious' hair, I guarantee that I for one will build characters to use it on. Let me know what you work out...

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.