Sat, Sep 21, 12:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: idea for the next free model ??

rodluc2001 ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 10:19 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:06 PM

hi, any idea for my next model ? give me some suggestione and if you can some links to see what you want... Luca.

war2 ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 10:24 AM

well are you still in the mood for castles and ruins or are you looking for ideas/inspiration for something more modern?

gillbrooks ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 10:33 AM

We're in October....so how about a spooky crypt for Halloween? We all love your castles but you probably like a change sometimes :-)

Gill

rodluc2001 ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 11:00 AM

choose some of challenge ;)

Shari123 ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 11:21 AM

Sticking with the Halloween theme, could you maybe create a Gothic Cathedral?

rodluc2001 ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 11:32 AM

Gothic Cathedral is a nice theme, but i've already consumed much time for make a cathedral model... you can see it in free stuff..

gillbrooks ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 11:34 AM

Mausoleum ? Graveyard? Though they've both been done before. I have dungeons but I don't recall seeing any cool crypts :)

Gill

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 12:07 PM

How about a Gothic graveyard ? Complete, with broken gate, weird trees, elaborate tombs and spooky statues. Think about the typical Hellboy cemetary. If not.... how about catacombs ? :)

wolffenrir ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 12:36 PM · edited Thu, 07 October 2004 at 12:37 PM

...what about some old, haunted house ? Something like the Addam's family one, or similar... =)))

Message edited on: 10/07/2004 12:37

lingrif ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 2:07 PM

Old gothic houses, smaller scale than castles, would be nice - something to dot the landsdape with when you don't need anything as large as a castle. I can think of loads of uses for those - haunted or unhaunted, of course.

www.lingriffin.com

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 2:43 PM

I'd love to have some interior rooms of a castle. A great hall, maybe a tower room, dungeon...

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

nhirschberger ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 3:16 PM

... perhaps something like your old village but more mediterranean styled. I can imagin some very romantic images with those models. Norbert

Veritas777 ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 3:28 PM

How about New York's Chrysler Building! I would love a detailed model of that for Vue. But if not, I would be happy to see a Mediterranean Village too...

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 5:12 PM

Actually I like Veritas & Norberts ideas. I'll even be more grandiose...how bout the NYC skyline...one building at a time of course ;) LOL....Anything you choose to do will be fantastic I'm sure! Good luck :)

sirrick ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 7:19 PM

Some great ideas, I like the interior room for a castle, ball room, great room, etc. But whatever you choose, I'm certain it will be downloaded and more importantly, be used.

Arkenstone ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 8:51 PM

hoe about the Rivendale buildings from Tolkeins Lord of the Rings or The Towers from the same stories keep up the great work, it is fantastic! Arkenstone

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 9:04 PM

So many castles...though it might take some research...how about something to assualt them? Catapaults? Or, in later years, canon? Assualt ladders? Battering rams? If you prefer buildings (or something like that), how about some great ornate bridges? Covered bridges? Or, experiment, futuristic bridges! Or, if you want to change from medieval things, how about Arabian tents/camps? Buildings like the Taj Mahal? Red Square type things like in Moscow? Or if you really want to let your imagination run crazy, futuristic city buildings. As always, though, with free things, enjoy yourself! All your stuff is amazing!

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 10:48 PM

I still say, the diner, a real good diner is what we need... :)

Flak ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2004 at 12:12 AM

Chuckevans said -> "Or, if you want to change from medieval things, how about Arabian tents/camps? Buildings like the Taj Mahal?" Arabian style buildings sounds good... haven't seen many of those around.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

rodluc2001 ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2004 at 1:34 AM

Attached Link: Chrysler

thanx all for great suggestion, for Verita, Norbert and Debby : a free nice model of Chysler is already available on 3dcafe.com... follow the link...

Veritas777 ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2004 at 2:47 AM

Attached Link: http://www.greatbuildings.com/cgi-bin/gbi.cgi/Chrysler_Building.html/cid_2918673.gbi

file_132853.jpg

Yes- but it doesn't have THIS kind of detail! (Especially all the Eagles near the top section).

BTW- you can get TONS of 3d models FREE from this website. There is even a free 3D modeling app to load and view all the models you can download. Plus you can convert them to 3DS and other formats using 3D Explorer.

Lots of temples, churches, museums, schools, etc.

While these are fairly low-rez models, they can be scaled up and "cloned" in another 3D app for more precise details and texturing...

Veritas777 ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2004 at 2:51 AM

Attached Link: http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings.html

Here's the model list- with great reference photos as well.

Djeser ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2004 at 3:34 AM

I never figured out how to use those, Veritas777...although there are some cool things at that site.

Sgiathalaich

lingrif ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2004 at 5:04 AM

Mediterranean villiage type models would be so super! Lots of possibilities for those.

www.lingriffin.com

Tiny ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2004 at 5:30 AM

I'm also for the >> Mediterranean villiage type models <<
So many scenes one can use it for.

And castle interiors!

Isn't it wonderful to be able to just sit around and ask for models!? :o) Thank you Rodluc for being so kind to us!

Jilly ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2004 at 6:37 AM

I'd love a fairy tale castle, lots of towers and crenelations. But I will love anything that comes up!

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2004 at 7:30 AM

Attached Link: http://www.koestlichesdeutschland.de/php/description.php?sight=10&isroute=8

The models from greatbuildings.com are not very detailed. I would propose some roman buildings - when i remember it right you are in Italy so you can find a lot of examples standing around. The Roman Colloseum for example. Or the Verona theatre. Or the Verona Romeo and Julia building? I know, not roman but... If you want to do another castle, here is a photo of one not too far away from my home. Schloss Lichtenstein. A beauty! Before i forget it again - your models are absolutely stunning. Absolutely.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Flak ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2004 at 7:34 AM

file_132855.jpg

I have an old great hall I made two years ago which might be Vue friendly (its bryce friendly). A quick untextured test render is above and the scene I used it in is below.

Its not the most detailed model (nor is it perfect..well, it was two years ago), but its four solid walls and a roof into which you could add things to suit yourself.

test.jpg

Digital WasteLanD

Flak ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2004 at 7:36 AM

Ooh, yeah, the render on the top right in my last post was not complete - thats why it looks very .. blockish ;)

Digital WasteLanD

firebolt ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2004 at 7:43 AM

There are many lovely ideas and I would be happy with any of them. Just thought for some variety and inspiration I'd post some thoughts and pictures: To stay with the suggested spooky stuff - how about some old english houses, like victorian or edwardian? To make dark, foggy city streets... examples: http://www.myenglandhotels.com/london-hotels/comfort-inn-bayswater-hotel.jpg http://www.alwayswelcome.com/images/london_bnb_south_east_armen.jpg Staying in London: Tower Bridge? Westminster? Or city lights stuff to put Vue 5's new lighting features to the test? Like neon-lit shops or so. http://quakey.com/other/design/stars/1999-neon.jpg A little more quiet? After my vacation there, I, personally, could do well with some swedish houses like http://www.mandalaworld.de/Bigfishing/Fotos/Haus in Schweden.jpg but you might also like to do an idyllic windmill or farm. Prefer something technical? Maybe a San Francisco Cable Car? http://www.bigfoto.com/sites/galery/san-francisco/san_francisco_47_cable.jpg Or rather a getaway from reality to let your imagination run wild? Then perhaps something like the home of Santa Claus at the North Pole, Hogwarts, some Alien Spaceship or a place in Ankh-Morpork on Discworld (see http://www.ankhmorpork.brfc.net/ for some basics)...

CraigMunden ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2004 at 7:48 AM · edited Fri, 08 October 2004 at 7:55 AM

Hogwarts ... now that is a very cool idea!

Lots of possibilities for creepy renders with those towers in the distance :-)

Of course, it would have to be a Hogwarts-alike ... how about 'PigWarts'? Lovely :-|

Message edited on: 10/08/2004 07:53

Message edited on: 10/08/2004 07:55

rodluc2001 ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2004 at 9:11 AM

well, many great idea, i think my next releases will be about yours suggestions, and this is the "maybe" order : 1 - Gothic graveyard 2 - Mediterranean Village 3 - Roman Colosseum 4 - a castle pack with weapons 5 - a castle pack with some "interior room castle" ... my God...a lot of work :) PS : in my website first WIp image on Gothic graveyard ;P

ShadowWind ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2004 at 2:02 PM · edited Fri, 08 October 2004 at 2:04 PM

Late to the party, but I will second the creepy victorian like mansions (or even the non creepy type). Can never have too many victorian mansions. Thanks again for all your wonderful modelling. I am still putting together the scene with your wonderful Lord Richard's castle.

Message edited on: 10/08/2004 14:04

Veritas777 ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2004 at 2:34 PM · edited Fri, 08 October 2004 at 2:35 PM

Djeser- the GreatBuilding.Com models are in 3DMF format. You can download a free copy of 3D Exploration and it will convert them to 3DS, LWO, etc. Castles, graveyards, Med Villages- all fine with me...!

Message edited on: 10/08/2004 14:35

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.