Tue, Oct 22, 4:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: how to apply image file in materials room

shadowrelm ( ) posted Tue, 19 October 2004 at 12:00 AM ยท edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 1:36 AM

I recently Bought Sharky's Angelina wings and was very excited to start using them. I was a little perplexed though that the default color of the wings seams to be pink. That is unless I want to use the black option. Being short on cash I went to the freebie section here at Renderocity and found two mats for the wings. Again, I was Excited but I am having trouble again. The mats are in image maps and bumps and the like. I understand to load the bump image into the bump node but I can't seem to figure out where to attach the image map. I tried on the ambient color (which is pink) and it does load the map but the color stays pink. How do I load this thing to get the desired mat for the wings? I went to the poser 5 manual but that made me more confused than before. Can someone who has used these things help me out?

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 19 October 2004 at 12:58 AM

Attach the image to the diffuse color. The ambient colour is for glowing effects so you might want to make that black with no map attached.

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Tue, 19 October 2004 at 1:02 AM

Hi Shadow You add Imagemaps to the Diffuse color (the very top node in Poser 5), though be careful to make the Diffuse color light enough to see the map. I usually use white. Hope that helps John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

geep ( ) posted Tue, 19 October 2004 at 10:53 AM

file_134946.jpg

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

shadowrelm ( ) posted Tue, 19 October 2004 at 6:05 PM

file_134947.jpg

Thanks for all the help Guys. I have really learned a lot. I am including some PICS of my renders to let you see what happened. In the first image I applied the image map as well as the trans map the diffuse color. (By the way I loaded the Black Angelina Wings option for the exercise.) I was able to see the map but everything was still mostly black. I went down the line and changed all the default colors to white and rendered. I got the first image. Nice but still a little dark. I couldn't figure out what was happening at first but then I had an epiphany. The Angelina Wings are composed of 6 different feather groups as well as feather shafts. I had changed the image map and trans map of feather group 1 but none of the others. They were all still the default black. So after going though all the feather groups and shafts I ended up with my second render. More what the mat is supposed to look like I am sure. And I removed V3, she was distracting. :) Again thanks for all the help. You people are great.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.