Thu, Sep 26, 4:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 12:28 pm)

Subject: Do I really want/need Stephanie?

FizzBangBoom ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 9:54 PM ยท edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 10:47 AM

ok, long story short.. I'm trying to decide if Stephanie3 is worth it to me or not. if you were me, would you spend some of that precious little cash on Steph, or just continue using Vickie3 for all of the female type characters? Or get Stephanie? Is there really that much of a radical difference that would be noticed? I guess I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons on getting her or not. You input would be greatly desired. Thanks in advance Allen soald@comcast.net

dbowers22 ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 10:43 PM

I have both and I hardly ever use Stephanie 3. There is really nothing that it can do that can't be done with Victoria 3, and it is disappointing that there are less morphs in the S3 morph packs than there are for V3. And I don't like the way S3's legs look as compared to V3. Plus there are a lot more clothes and other things out there for V3. In general it is just easier to use Victoria 3 and I get better looking results. I sort of get the idea DAZ cam out with S3 just to make a little more money by having you buy basically the same thing all over again. Save your money and use it on something else. My opinion, of course.

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 11:07 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=783254

The biggest benefit to SP is her ability to bend in nice ways. V3 bends in an inhuman fashion, and therefore makes postwork a nightmare. SP is also shaped much more like a real woman than V3. V3 is uberwench. If you saw V3 in real life, you might flee. SP is kinda short and pert. Let's address some of the above issues: "nothing that can't be done with V3" see above re: bending "Less Morphs than V3" True, yet I find that S3 needs less morphs due to her shape being more natural. "...legs..." I rather like them. They are nice and coltish and look great bent. V3's legs get lumpy when you bend them. "...more clothes..." Depends. There's a lot of crappy clothes out there. I find about a dozen or so clothes that I continually use and the rest collect dust. Meanwhile, i've been able to convert them all for use with SP fairly easily. "...Daz fleecing..." (pp) I really don't believe that. SP is significantly different than V3 and a vast improvement in joints. Furthermore, she takes the same textures as V3. Since S3 came out, I have been using her exclusively. I made only one adjustment to her, in that I morphed her face back into V3 (a fairly easy task.) S3 out of the box is fugly. The link will take you to my latest render of character "Inna" which, except for the face, is S3 out of the box.

SWAMP ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 11:36 PM

...."that much of a radical difference"....? No, not really...plain "out of the box" there is a different, but not that great. A little dial spinning, and one can look like the other. She does bend better than Vic3...but so does my 98-year-old granny. I guess I just like to have several figures to work with, that don't look so much like each other. Take a look at Eternal Judy (EJ) by 3Dream here in the market place. The standard Judy is about as ugly as ugly can get but EJ is really good looking, and gets away from that Vicky look. SWAMP

elizabyte ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 11:41 PM ยท edited Wed, 20 October 2004 at 11:43 PM

I like SP and use her frequently, maybe more than V3. I like SP for all the reasons William_the_Bloody already mentioned, and I'll add that I think she's much more natural in the hip/groin/buttocks area than V3, which may or may not be a concern for a lot of people, but I do nudes and the occasional erotic piece, so it is something I consider.

I guess I just like to have several figures to work with, that don't look so much like each other.

Yeah, exactly. :-)

bonni

Message edited on: 10/20/2004 23:43

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

pdxjims ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2004 at 12:16 AM

Is she worth it? Well, yes. Is she right for you? Maybe. She's a great slim model, and she has clothing available. She has fewer morphs than V3, but you can use MorphManager and a little patience to transfer any V3 morph to her. She bends better than V3. Other options to get a different look for female figures are the Aeon figures by Dodger at PoserPro's and Dacort's wonderful female figures. The International Beauties set at Daz, Ingenue Vicky, and She-Freak also add some great variation. Eternal Judy has been mentioned already too. Shop around. Some options are cheaper than others. And everything I've listed is all of the best quality. Check out all of them and see which one would be right for you.

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2004 at 12:48 AM

I really like Steph and I prefer working with her now. She really does bend much better than V3 and that alone makes her worth it to me.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

JenniSjoberg ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2004 at 2:34 AM

I don't care for SP3 at all.. I can not get her to look decent no matter what I do.. maybe I just have weird taste

CRITIC, n. A person who boasts himself hard to
please because nobody tries to please him.

Staby ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2004 at 4:16 AM

I think SP3 is a great figure. I like her a lot and now I use SP3 more than V3 for all the reasons mentioned already in this thread. You can revert her face back to a V3 look alike if you want or add all V3 breast morphs if you think she is too petite for your taste. She can use all V3 textures and even V3 morphs if you want to further customize her. I was actually able to use David muscular morph on her in place to the one she comes with. David has the same grouping V3 and SP3 have, so all their morphs are interchangeable if you are willing to prepare their cr2 with Morph Manager as it was mentioned above...

Natolii ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2004 at 7:19 AM

I just completed my second render using SP. For morph, I applied one of Danie & Marfarno's characters from Circle of Light and she worked out pretty well. For hair, I used Firebirdz ROAR and Roar a lil Louder kits to fit the Gracelion hair to her. Netherworks also has a Hair kit that is free. I also played around with the feature morphs. There is a free expression kit here that work pretty well and there are pose packages out by several people. I find there is a lack of support for this character, but programs like MarkDc's Quick Conform and Clothes conformer are a plus in convert existing fasions over. pdxjims mentions Dodger's Aeon characters, well he also has a clothing convertion tutorial out that walks you through the process of converting clothes over. You are also able to also use V3 clothing textures on many of the identical stephanie pieces (I.E MFD and Tunic sets...) So there are options out there to make Stephanie a viable character.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2004 at 10:18 AM

I love Steph. She does pose better than V3. And I like her slim look. It's hard to give V3 that narrow-hipped, coltish look. She looks better from behind, too. V3's butt gets huge if you pose her kneeling or bent over.

Svigor ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2004 at 7:42 PM

"I rather like them. They are nice and coltish and look great bent. V3's legs get lumpy when you bend them." Heh, they aren't coltish, they're...stubby. I agree with much of what's been said here in defense of S3, but those legs aren't coltish, they're very...utilitarian.

nakamuram ( ) posted Fri, 22 October 2004 at 12:18 AM

One objection I have to SP3, is that much of her clothes is available for V3, but not vice-versa. Also, I find that SP3 is really lacking in shoes. Why bother with an alternative character, if she is just a "hand-me-down poor sister?" I have both V3 and SP3 and tend not to use the latter, because I can get a much better (to my tastes) body shape with V3. Besides Eternal Judy, another interesting "alternative" character is Dodger's (Aeon) Posette 3. Does anyone have any experience with her? She's a V3 with Posette's Body Shape. She is supposed to be able to wear Posette's clothes. Another claim is that V3 and SP3 clothes can are easily be converted to fit her. Sounds like a good deal for $9.99.

SoaLD ( ) posted Fri, 22 October 2004 at 12:22 AM

Just wanted to say thanks for all the input. Gonna have to ponder this one for a while, funds are not exactly as rich as I wish! LOL Allen soald@comcast.net (oh yeah, new ID too heh)

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 22 October 2004 at 5:28 AM

Speaking of Stephanie Petite...I highly recommend Netherworks' "Stephanie Petite X-Pack Morph Expansion" set. A really nice set of body morphs. Morphs to shape her arms, legs, torso, and breasts. Plus new dials for eye posing. It's $3.50 at PoserPros - a bargain.

Netherworks ( ) posted Mon, 25 October 2004 at 7:22 PM ยท edited Mon, 25 October 2004 at 7:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.netherworks-studios.com/

Thanks for the kudos, randym77

In the Morphs and Conversions section of our site are several freebies for all to enjoy for Stephanie Petite: A HairKit to convert Victoria and Mike hair (all three flavors each) to SP, An original Head Injection Morph called Marian and a couple of scaling Poses to make her Feet and Hands more petite.

Message edited on: 10/25/2004 19:23

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.