Sat, Oct 5, 12:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: Still working on my Snape morph... help!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 12:09 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 12:31 AM

file_135216.jpg

There's SOMETHING wrong here.. but I've been staring at this new version for hours now and I just can't figure out WHAT it is... :o( Help! Suggestions? I need Sev to look like Sev! The wrinkle between the eyebrows is postworked, I can't find a morph that will do exactely THAT without distorting everything else too.. Hair is not right either, this is the Daz Flip 2, not what I usually use, but this has the right LENGTH at least...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 12:25 PM

Hi! Looks to me like the chin/jaw & nose are a bit off. Nose is a bit too long and rounded/curvy where it shouldn't be and the chin too pronounced. Maybe a little softer? His eyebrows are also gonna need some postworking -- what texture is this, that might be the problem there and not the morph at all. Btw, have you tried using the Arizona hair? I know it's for Vicky but with Netherworks conversion kit and a tweak here & there, it's not half bad. Hope this helps.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 12:34 PM

Good work. The brows are a bit too high and too arched. Maybe the face is a bit long? Raise the mouth just a tad. Your texture has a bit of a 5 o'clock shadow while the picture of Snape doesn't. Keep up the great work :)

Gwendolyn ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 12:52 PM

iris size is to big...believe it or not, it makes a huge difference. Nose bridge is a tiny bit wide... try reducing the cheekbones just a wee bit... all in all excellent job! Well done! :)) Cheers! Gwendolyn

Sarte ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 1:18 PM

That's not Snape. It's the Metatron.

Do the impossible, see the invisible

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

logansfury ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 1:40 PM

What an incredible likeness!! What I see: the chin - considering the increase in scale to the comparison picture of the actor, I still see that your characters chin is "taller" Youve matched the proportion of the chin width to lips width, but I think the chin is to round/square rather than oval/rectangular if you know what I mean. The nose - on the actor pic, the bulge in the top of the bridge seems to be no wider than the bulb of his nose, on your char, the bulge in the top of the bridge seems to be wider than his nose bulb. I cant get over how close this is. I think this is awesome :)

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 1:55 PM

I'd say he's even more sinister and menacing than the original. Excellent work.

Porthos ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 2:02 PM

Looks pretty close to me - excellent morph!! ;)

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 2:14 PM

You've hit it there, mateo. I think that's what I like best about him. Please do keep this version too, you could have "regular" Snape and "dark/AU" Snape. Twice the fun ;-)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 2:45 PM

file_135219.jpg

Er.. I haven't got that one anymore.. You told me to alter it ;o) Besides.. I don't do AU ;o) And Mateo.. he's not supposed to be sinister.. he's supposed to be SEXYYYY Here's the new version. Not sure I like THAT one better... Opinions please? Sarte.. Metatron has wings (at least sometimes) and no ...er... you know... At least M3 here has a detachable one *L* But well, I'm HOPING for a generic Rickman too...

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

Niles ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 2:57 PM

The first one looks great, Try a displacemnt map for the wrinkle betwwen the eyebrows (P5). Nice work.

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 3:16 PM

Ah, but sinister can be sexy too! Which is part of Snape's considerable appeal -- they don't call him the Slytherin Sex God for nothing. His chin's better in this version, as is the nose. You're much closer now, I think. Haven't done AU? Why not give it a try it some time, it's fun, really. I've even seen a couple stories around with a winged Snape (not by me, someone else thought of that first and paired him up with -- heck, IM me for the details 'cuz if I say it here I'll probably cause a riot) and he certainly does have a "you know" unlike poor Metatron ;-)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 3:45 PM

Niles! What a GREAT idea! I keep forgetting how much displacement maps can do. I'll definately try that. The less postwork I HAVE to do, the better :o) Anyone got a pic of the Dark Mark somewhere? I searched Google but the ones I found were.. er.. less than good... And I need it for the texture (for my own pleasure, nothing more, not selling it or anything)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 3:46 PM

And Byrdie... IM sent ;o) Should we continue the discussion on RM?

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 4:04 PM

The eyebrows are little a bit too high and too far apart. Definitely looking better in the face, but I like the first hair better...

logansfury ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 4:08 PM

Hair on the second version does a lot to match the forehead to my eyes. Good improvement I think. It seems in the actor picture, the bottom of his chin has a flat shape before it starts to curve to his jaw. The bottom of the chin on your char seems to be much more curved and rounded. Also the nose bridge just below the brow still seems a bit too wide to me All the other features are a remarkable match :)

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 4:35 PM

What is that area just below the nose on the upper lip? Seems wider in your picture. Also in the second pic the eyes aren't as intense as the first one. Nice job though, can't believe how close you got! Marque

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 5:19 PM

Just IM'ed you, hope you got it since my connection's a bit wonky. Yep, RM's a good place to carry on that particular discussion. Wouldn't wanna get either of us TOS'd after all ;-)

garblesnix ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 5:20 PM

Just a suggestion: Focus on the eyes. It's always the eyes. See how they threaten AND seem to be ready to burst into laughter at the same time? If you get the eyes, all the other stuff can be "close, but no cigar". Excellent work on a really wonderful character. One of the best "bad guys" in literature and the movies.

Valandar ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 6:40 PM

It alsoseems like your version's jaw isn't as wide as the actor's... not the chin, the jaw, back near the back...

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

stephaniebt ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 7:06 PM

Wow, this is a great morph, it gives me chills (and not the bad kind ) :)

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 7:27 PM

what are AU and RM?

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 7:35 PM

AU means "Alternate Universe". For example, a fanfiction story where Snape really is a Vampire like some of his students think. Or Harry's parents are still alive, etc. The only limit's your imagination. RM is a Poser site of the kind I can't link to here. IM either me or ernyoka if you want more details.

Sarte ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 11:45 PM

From Dogma:
Metatron: "I'm as anatomically correct as a Ken doll."
XD

Do the impossible, see the invisible

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2004 at 1:15 AM

Excellent!! Snape is my favorite character in the Harry Potter series. I told my husband if we ever get a male black cat I am going to name him Snape. We have two lady Himalayans now. Will this morph be for sale? Warm regards, Nancy

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2004 at 1:19 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_135220.jpg

*From Dogma: Metatron: "I'm as anatomically correct as a Ken doll." XD* Hehe yeah.. poor man...

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2004 at 1:21 AM

I'm not planning on selling the morph. Perhaps giving it away.. but it requires bot the normal M3 morph pack and the morph expansion pack (that 250+ thing) so it'll be a bit difficult to distribute I think.. (the face setting gets HUGE so I use it as a obj-based morph spawned from my settings, and that's not distributable I think...)

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2004 at 1:43 AM

Ok, thank you.

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

LonCray ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2004 at 8:23 AM

I'm not an expert on this sort of thing, but I didn't see anyone else posting about the shape of the line from his nostrils out to the ends of his lips - yours is rounded (twice) while the actors is straight with a dip at the end. It IS an excellent likeness though, and I hope he works out!

logansfury ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2004 at 1:31 PM

"it requires bot the normal M3 morph pack and the morph expansion pack (that 250+ thing)" What is this expansion pack? I dont see any mention of an update on the M3 head morphs page, the updaters page, or any expansion set listed at DAZ except for a V3 morph expansion. Is this an older item or do you mean the M3 Head Sculpture Kit?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2004 at 2:15 PM

Uhm yeah I think it's the sculpture kit :o) I was at work so I couldn't check it out :o LonCray, you're right, those lines aren't quite right. Ithey're the best I could get with the morphs though. I may try those as displacement mapped lines too...

jonbg1 ( ) posted Fri, 22 October 2004 at 1:38 PM

Oh! I didn't know you liked Snape! LOL

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 22 October 2004 at 3:57 PM

SURE you didn't, Jonbg :oP hehehe that's NOT the reason why I use him as avatar on Rauncyhminds, right? ;o)

jonbg1 ( ) posted Fri, 22 October 2004 at 6:14 PM

LOL.. Actually I just didn't know you filled the internet with your admiration for him ;) TEASING!!!! Its fun having a crush on someone. :)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 22 October 2004 at 7:09 PM

I haven't exactely FILLED the internet.. yet... GG But yeah.. having a crush on someone IS fun... when it's an actor it can turn into an obsession thoough.. and allthough I see it as a harmelss crush I'm not sure hubby agrees ;o) Oh well... HIS problem... not mine...

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 22 October 2004 at 7:16 PM

Tell hubby he oughta try dressing up as Snape. Then you & he can play Naughty Professor, I bet that'll cheer him up ;-)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 23 October 2004 at 6:56 AM

Hehehe.. that might be an idea. OMG that gives me a hilarious idea for a render.... If I get it done I'l post it over at RauncyMinds... it's NOT one you can post here...

jonbg1 ( ) posted Sat, 23 October 2004 at 8:57 AM

Looking forward to it ;)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 23 October 2004 at 9:43 AM

It's up now... ;o)

jonbg1 ( ) posted Sat, 23 October 2004 at 9:54 AM

That was just too funny, you'll have to try it out tonight ;)

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 23 October 2004 at 11:26 AM

Hilarious! Plan on posting it to any of the Snape lists? Could be a new category: Fan Obsession ;-) P.S. What does hubby think of it?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 23 October 2004 at 12:24 PM

Posted it in my LJ.. THOUGHT about posting it on one of the lists too, not sure which one though L Snape or Rickman? Or both? Hubby hasn't seen it GG Too close for comfort really...

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 23 October 2004 at 12:59 PM

I would suggest any & all of the ones that don't mind NC-17 stuff. Ask the owners/mods first, though, as some take only slash pics. ::LOL!:: I'll bet there's a lot of fans who relate to your obsession, not to mention all those guys who sympathize with poor hubby.

jonbg1 ( ) posted Sat, 23 October 2004 at 8:14 PM

Oh my... there is fan list? All for a simple dulcet velvet voice.. want my number? I can use more fans ... lol :)

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 23 October 2004 at 8:28 PM

A fan list? Hah, just google Snape or Alan Rickman & see what you get. The fansites number in the thousands -- and there is nothing in the least bit "simple" about that voice ::swoon::

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2004 at 7:44 AM · edited Sun, 24 October 2004 at 7:46 AM

SIMPLE velvet voice?! O.o indignant glare

HRMPF!

The Voice is more than half of the whole Rickman package, just so you know it. There's even websites devoted to The Voice too. (one of the all time best ones is here: The Voice)

Of course.. his eyes.. and his nose.. and his... him helps too... ~Rickmaniacs United Message edited on: 10/24/2004 07:46

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2004 at 11:01 AM

file_135221.jpg

Hmm it suddenly occured to me that you can MIX morphs with the animation slider.. So this is a mix of the 3 Snape morphs I've made so far. AND some postwork. But I think I like him with this look. He may not be TOTALLY Movie!Snape but he's close enough right now for my purposes *BG*

Byrdie ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2004 at 11:55 AM

::bangs head on keyboard:: Why did I not think of that? Answer:'cuz I'm a dunderhead, that's why! Very close to Movie!Snape, perhaps it's the nose that's just a tad "off" -- I get the impression it should be more "Roman" than simply long/big. Ack, I'm not wording this right, need more coffee. or chocolate. or something...

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2004 at 12:00 PM

Yeah but Rickman's profile is HARD to recreate in Poser. For some reason, wheen the profile matches a photo, the front looks off.. So for the moment I'll settle for this :o)

Byrdie ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2004 at 12:06 PM

Just one more sign of The Sexy One's uniqueness :🤤:

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2004 at 12:28 PM

Heheh ... I wonder if there's anyone but the 2 of us that follws this thread anymore? I bet some are ready to puke by now ;o) But yeah.. Unique sexyness... :o]::....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.