Sat, Sep 21, 11:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 2:35 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Fantasy Waifish Body Shape for V3 - Question and Contest

Cin- ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 12:20 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:38 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_136577.jpg

So... I've been working on turning V3's body into a very slim waifish fantasy body shape... this is what I've got, and I kinda like it... the problem of course is that she'll never fit into clothes... BUT since I did it all with magnets, and I saved the magnets it wouldn't be terribly difficult to fit clothes to her...

Now here's the sticky part... because of the way I set up the magnets, they span several body parts which means that if you move some body parts the magnets don't effect other parts the way they're supposed to. I could write a really easy to follow tutorial explaining how to apply the magnets and spawn morph targets so that people could fit clothes to the figure, but I don't know if the novice Poser user would be totally intimidated by the process or not.

So here's my question - if you saw this sort of pack available and knew that you'd have to do a little bit of work yourself with magnets to get clothes to fit the body shape, would you still be interested in purchasing it?

And THEN here's the contest - I need a name... lol... for the life of me I can NOT come up with a name for this... its a bit early still since I haven't come up with a face for her yet, and I haven't finalized a texture (The texture I used on this render is my Alsinia texture, which SHOULD be released soonishly here), but I'm lookin' for suggestions.

If you have any ideas PLEASE post it to this thread, only 1 name per person please, and you'll have until Sunday the 31st before I'll make a decision... whatever name I decide on, the person that suggests it will get a copy of this pack when it's finally finished, and any 1 other item from any of my stores (if it's an item that I released along with someone else I'll have to get permission from that person), since I don't know when this will be finalized.

EricJ ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 1:22 AM

I would be extremely interested! I've been doing various clothing conversions on Poser Pros recently so this is right up my alley. I could even make converted clothing available as freebies (with the creator's permission of course). Hmmm. A name... Willow

EricJ ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 1:23 AM

I like the texture you used as well.

chrislenn ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 1:43 AM
Online Now!

Kemi :[Keh-mee] "Spoil me with Love". the word magnets scares me a little lol but would still consider purchasing especially if i saw how clothes looked on her

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Pee on it and walk away

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 2:01 AM

The name: "Reed" The Question: I've never used magnets (oh, the shame!) and it would make me think twice about buying. If she looked incredibly wonderful, I would probably get her anyway and then work stuff out. If you include an alternative 'head only' INJ, people could still use the character more simply with V3's standard body (unless her face is going to be so gaunt it would look strange.) That would swing the balance in her favour, for me anyway. Alsinia looks great btw :) ali x

My Renderosity Store

lemur01 ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 3:34 AM

Looks like the ex- wife.... Kathryn :) Jack

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 1:18 PM

I've got exactly the same problem on my Steph 1 character .. the magnet thing that is. looks great until you move her arms to high up and then .. bleurgh. But the clothes fit great with the magnets applied. so .. I guess I'll stand in line next to Cin ... would people be willing to put up with that sort of thing? And using a magnet set like this is easy enough .. load figure, load magnets from Props folder. load & conform clothing, apply magnets to clothing using handy dandy supplied pose. Tada! all done the only problem comes when you move something and the magnets cause breakages at bodypart joins .. and that can be worked around

bwldrd ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 1:20 PM · edited Tue, 26 October 2004 at 1:22 PM

Question: Using magnets isn't really much of a problem, as I've become accustomed to using them. Name: Druscilla

Message edited on: 10/26/2004 13:22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

Xena ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 1:48 PM · edited Tue, 26 October 2004 at 1:49 PM

Actually guys, the only reason you get breakage is because you're using one magnet on multiple parts. What you need to do is have duplicate magnets. For example, if you have a magnet that affects the collar and the shoulder then you would have 2 magnets with exactly the same settings ... one would affect ONLY the collar and one would affect ONLY the shoulder. This way you get no breakage at all. The other alternative is to send out a INJ/REM character of your shape, and the magnets to fit the clothing with instructions on how to spawn morphs (which is dead easy - and even newbies will get it with precise instruction). Edited to add ... she's lovely hun :)

Message edited on: 10/26/2004 13:49

Cin- ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 1:56 PM

That's exactly what I was planning on doing Xee. Making INJ/REM files for the figure shape, and including the magnets with a tutorial to explain how to apply the magnets and then spawn morph targets. I hadn't thought about the dupilicate magnet thing though, so I might try that and see how it works out. The problem I'm having really is with her legs... when you move them side to side too far parts of the legs fall out of the magnet zone, so it stops deforming the way it should... so maybe the multiple magnet thing will work if I change the parents so the one will move with one part of the leg, and the other will move with another part... I'll give it a whirl and see. LilyBelles - I was planning on doing the head and boy separate so that folks could apply the body to their own character if they wanted to. :) As a side note, using the magnets in less than full strength and even negatives gives some nice results... you can take her from really waifish to only somewhat slimmer than V3's default, up to a nice zoftig body shape for a more classical look.

Cylithera ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 2:59 PM

Ichara. She looks great! Great job, Cin-!

barb ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 6:18 PM

My name suggestion: Absynth :) Barb

Nalif ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 6:38 PM

Very nice :) - For some reason, the name "Cylvanus" seems to come to mind.

Mercy ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 8:06 PM

Question: Magnets scare me. I would probably buy the figure even with the idea that I'd need to muck with magnets at some point to fit things to her. My name suggestion: Zaelle

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 10:15 PM

If a pdf/html tutorial were included on fitting clothes to her I'd think folks would be more apt to purchase her. I think Wysteria is a lovely name for her. However, I really liked the suggestion of "Willow".

Fashionably_Late ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2004 at 4:24 PM

I'm definitely going to have to try that duplicate magnets thing... thanks for the tip Xena! The Alsinia texture looks lovely, and I like the body shape you've created. She has sort of a classical look to me, so my name suggestion is Lachesis... one of the fates from Greek mythology. - Molly

kayjay97 ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2004 at 8:01 PM

She looks like a Wyllow to me Magnets scare me too but.....

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

DunjeonProductions ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2004 at 11:44 AM

She seems like an Ariadne to me... the girl that helped Theseus escape the labyrinth, and he left her behind on an island.

Cin- ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 7:49 PM

So I liked the name Willow, but I liked how kayjay97 spelled it as Wyllow... so EriJ and kayjay97 will BOTH get a copy. :) I just finished making the INJ/REM files to apply the body shape to V3 without using the magnets... next I need to make up the little tutorial to show how to apply the magnets to clothing, and then spawn morph targets for the clothes... for those of you afraid of magnets, trust me it's EASY. :)

EricJ ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 10:29 PM

Yes! Thanky kindly! :)

Cin- ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 11:43 PM

You're very welcome. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.