Sun, Sep 22, 4:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: Which vid card gives a nice kick in the pants?

tedbragg ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 6:54 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:41 AM

Daz Studio crawls on my ATi7000 AGP equipped G4/450. Which cards accelerate this app into useable territory? I'm asking for Mac and/or PC...

whattawa ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2004 at 11:17 AM

The NVidia cards are always quite safe. ATI has pretty poor support of OpenGL. I have an NVidia FX5950 and I can load in a million polygons worth of models at once and still move around with barely any performance hit. I have textures on almost all those models as well. One reason you may notice slowdowns is if you have a bunch of textures that are 2048x2048 or bigger loading in. Unless you have a lot of RAM on your video card and on your system, you will get to a point where you can't hold anymore textures and your system will suddenly seize up. At that point, it is shifting to virtual memory which is incredibly slow. I actually don't know how a mac handles it when you run out of system and video memory, my experiences are mainly with a PC. Basically, using lower resolution textures will give you a major performance jump. You can use a free program that can run through a folder of images and batch resample or you could do it by hand. I don't think there is a way in DAZ|Studio for you to set the maximum size yourself right now.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.