Mon, Sep 9, 6:11 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Freebie creation question

unzipped ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2004 at 3:54 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 12:31 PM

I've never contributed a freebie (or a paybe) before, so I have a few questions not really covered in the notifications here. First, my current proposed freebie is just a collection of V3 face morphs that I've done. I guess I should ask if people are interested? I'll assume some people might be. I've used poser's little helper to create inj pose files etc. Should I include all that in the freebie, or just the morph targets? I find that when applying the morphs, the eyes sometimes need to be adjusted to fit the new head shape. Unfortunately I have no idea how to make the eye adjustments part of the pose so that it's less hassle for users (including me). Is this a necessary thing? Can I get away without including the eye poses? If not could someone tell me the best way to include them in the package? Thanks, all help appreciated, Unzipped

Laver2k ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2004 at 5:00 PM

Go for it :), anything to do with V3 is usually popular. I dont really know about how to distribute morphs and poses but I dont think eye poses matter that much. To be honest, i usually leave the eyes alone.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2004 at 5:53 PM

file_137728.jpg

You need to include the x-, y-, and z-trans channels for each eye.

I've attached an example pose in text format to this message. Feel free to study it.

logansfury ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2004 at 11:27 PM

OOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I was using INJection Magic, and when I appliled the INJ pose it created for me, the chars eyes were offset and LOCKED that way. I couldnt adjust anything! This sounds like really good info....

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2004 at 11:43 PM

what about object|Unlock? I have to do that for the Maya Girl's eyes every now and again..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 7:22 AM

Also, be sure to check the FAQs at DAZ before offering anything for V3 (or their other models)... they have particular formats that they allow, so as to not accidentally include any of their own morphs or data. And, sadly, I'm aware that too many people don't bother fixing the eyes... the galleries are full of cross-eyed Vickys. Anything you can do to help make it easy for users would be a plus. Carolly

logansfury ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 12:43 PM

Hello pakled :) Im afraid that Object/Unlock isnt an option. I apologize that my wording in my last post was terse and made it sound like it was a locked actor situation. The problem is with the ol harpo junior bilbo, fortunately youve seen that thread ;) As you saw, the head had Scale increased, as did the eyes, and they also went thru eye morphs for height, roundness, etc. The zTran was adjusted slightly for both eyes to fit the altered sockets and lids perfectly. At this point, the character stopped accepting new magnet/morph creation properly and the only way to procede that I was aware of was to use INJection Magic to create an INJ/REM file of what I had so far. This DID allow me to continue creating and exporting new magnet morphs, BUT now the eyes are at incorrect zTran, sticking several noticable centimeters out of his eye sockets, Object/Locked is not checked, and when I attempt to spin the zTran dail, noting happens. When I type in any value to the zTran other than 0.000 I get an error message saying "This dial only accepts values between 0.000 and 0.000". To my present knowledge of poser and INJ magic this is completely irresolveable. Ive no idea why it happened, no idea how to have prevented it, no idea how to fix it. I could I guess search in an unINJ magic'ed .cr2 for the hobbit for the Eyes data, but can that then be overwritten to an INJ file? Stumpted. Its like some force in the universe doesnt want me to make a poser char. Im starting to lose count of the things that have gone wrong and all the times ive been stopped dead in my tracks on this project.....

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 1:03 PM

Oh. In that case, it sounds like the min and max limits for the zTrans dial have both been set to zero, and with limits forced you can't enter any other values. If you double-click the zTrans dial, its settings panel should pop up, and you can then change its limits.

logansfury ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 1:31 PM

WOOOO HOOOO!!!! Little Dragon, I just looked again at my dials, and x and y Tran are the ones locked at 0.000 while zTran is locked at 0.003 (oops). I dub clicked the left eye zTran dial, it was set to 0.003, with min of 0.003 and max of 0.003. I changed min to -0.010 and max to 0.010, and as soon as I hit OK. The left eye popped back to it proper position in the socket, and the dial still reads 0.003 which was its adjustment on the orig char to sit properly :) Right eye still unadjusted as I write this so its REALLY obvious that the left eye is now set right!! This is a quick easy fix, thank you very much!! Would you know, is there some setting in INJection Magic that I neglected that would have prevented this? Thanks again :) Logan

unzipped ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 1:56 PM

That's exactly what I was looking for Little Dragon, thanks. A follow up question. Looking at the injection pose file, I see all the geometry tweaks listed - which makes me wonder if I can get away with only distributing the injection pose file. Is that the case, or do I actually have to include the morph target, the delta files and all the other stuff Poser's Little helper created? Thanks again for the help everyone. Unzipped PS. I should have clarified, these are actually full head morphs, for different character faces.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 2:55 PM

If these are custom morphs that you created yourself, with either magnets or some modeling application, you'll need to include the delta files. If you're using DAZ's (or anyone else's) morphs, you're not allowed to redistribute those deltas. But the injection pose itself is okay.

unzipped ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 8:47 PM

I used DAZ & third party morphs to shape the head, grouped the head, created a new prop, exported the prop as a morph target, used Poser's Little Helper to create the deltas & the injection pose files, dial visibility files, etc. So where do I stand? I'd much rather just distribute the inj pose files if I can. Thanks again for the help, Unzipped

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.