Sat, Sep 21, 12:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: free brushes for photoshop 7?

curtskinn ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 12:48 PM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 5:53 AM

anyone know where I can find some nice brushes for photoshp 7? preferably free.

Satanimus ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 4:08 PM · edited Sun, 31 October 2004 at 4:10 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/freestuff.ez

Hope this'll do you for now = Renderosity freestuff.select 2D - then Brushes & masks..

Message edited on: 10/31/2004 16:10

Gods need mortals to believe in them or they die, if gods die are they not mortal, and if they are mortal...why then do we call them gods??.

Ravyns ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 4:18 PM

Attached Link: http://share.studio.adobe.com/axBrowseProduct.asp?p=2

Lots of Brushes at Adobe Photoshop Exchange along with some other goodies..

**************************************************************************************

Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here we should dance.

bushi ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 8:49 PM

Attached Link: Nagel Brushes

There are some really nice free brush sets by Dave Nagel at CreativeMac.com. They work just fine on PCs too. I particularly like the "Clouds" and "Sparkles" sets but the others have some very useful items.

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 2004 at 4:53 AM

Attached Link: vered brushes

Vered brushes is my all time favourite.

Nosiferret ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 2004 at 4:13 PM

Is it my imagination or does the Adobe site take forever to go from page to page or even access to the Download folder? I have cable but waiting almost 5 minutes for a page to load is driving me nuts...I feel like I'm on dial up :)

Ravyns ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 2004 at 4:22 PM

It's not your imagination. I use DSL & it's always slow for me, tho' I've never had to wait 5 minutes. Must be extra slow today.

**************************************************************************************

Nosiferret ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 2004 at 4:43 PM

Everyone and their uncle must be on Adobe, it just hangs there when you select a topic like "brushes" and then after a minute or two it goes to a blank window and then just sits there. Sometimes if I select stop I get the page. Adobe needs to increase their bandwith perhaps. But then it's the "freebie" section so they don't really care that much about it I suppose.

Ravyns ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 2004 at 4:53 PM

Oh Yes.. I've had it do the hang & blank page thing a few times. Also the page cannot be displayed shows up once in awhile.
Thought maybe it was because my poor old PC was just wearing out.

retrocity ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 2004 at 10:05 PM

A couple of favs:

The 5th Muse

and

8nero

keep em' coming,
:)
retrocity

RodsArt ( ) posted Thu, 04 November 2004 at 4:49 AM · edited Thu, 04 November 2004 at 4:51 AM

Attached Link: http://www.deviantart.com/

Probably one of the largest selections I've seen yet. You'll have to register(it's free)

goto:
Resources,
Photoshop brushes

The thumbs are small, most artists give a brief discript.
Also takes a little time to cruise the selection(tons) but it's worth it.

Oh one more:
http://pureanodyne.our-imagination.net/

(My favs)
ICM

Message edited on: 11/04/2004 04:51

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

Nosiferret ( ) posted Thu, 04 November 2004 at 2:39 PM

I struggled with the Adobe site last night, bound and determined to see what I could get! I spent over 3 hours going through the pages. I was putting things into a download basket and then decided to retrieve them, well apparently you had to use their assistant program and my basket was suppose to take something like 5 minutes to download with the cable connection according to the chart that Adobe provided. I left the PC and cleaned up my kitchen and when I got back 30 min later it was still sitting there doing nothing. So I went in and manually downloaded each brush. I found by hitting the "stop" and then the "Reload" buttons pulled up the page faster on my end then sitting there like a minute waiting for the page to open [I was even reading a book during this so that shows you how long it took the pages to come up]. Sometimes I'm shrinking Adobe down and surfing something else like Renderosity and I'm zooming along so Adobe needs to pick up the pace some, but like I said in another post, no one pays for those brushes so why should Adobe spend money on increasing bandwith to the site? So it was constantly hit the link, stop, reload, back, stop, reload. Repeat. Drove me nuts but I got the brushes that looked good. One can't have enough brushes, so I'm going to check out the other sites recommended :)

Ravyns ( ) posted Thu, 04 November 2004 at 8:59 PM

Sounds like getting those brushes was a real pain. I've never tried the download basket, just did them one at a time. They do have some nice stuff if a person has the time & patience to get it. I ususally have a card game open to play while I wait..
Maybe they'll give in & upgrade the bandwidth one of these days..

cybia ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2004 at 9:08 PM

Attached Link: http://www.cybia.co.uk/brushes.htm

Oh, don't forget my own freebie brush set here : http://www.cybia.co.uk/brushes.htm

600 mini mono brushes for Photoshop and PSP.

Have fun!

Steve

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.