Sat, Sep 21, 3:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: What would happen to this forum if carrara was canceld

epsilon ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2000 at 9:27 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:17 PM

Would we have to change 3D engines,seing as raydream is gone and carrara seems to be on its way out, what will happen to us????? epsilon

Spanfarkle ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2000 at 9:35 AM

I think I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

AzChip ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2000 at 9:48 AM

I'd hope this forum would continue; I'm using RayDream still, and it still works to create cool images. I'd hate to lose the community and resources in this forum. That said, though, I'd imagine that eventually the forum would fade away as people drift off to other, corporately supported packages. What a loss that would be.

ClintH ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2000 at 10:55 AM

Hey guys. The forum wont go away. If I have anything to do with it, which Im sure I will, it will be around for a while. Carrara is a good package and in my opinion is very usable. We still deal with RDS and its been "Dead" for a while. So rest assured that the forum will continue on as long as we have interest in the products. Regards, Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

willf ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2000 at 11:43 AM

Just change the name to 3DModeling or something, many of the techniques are similar to many modeling packages. I still use RDS & Carrara & don't plan on buying anything new unless it's dirt-cheap.

graylensman ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2000 at 2:30 PM

I'm migrating to formZ for my 8-5 job because i interface with engineering types and have to take .dwg files and such. But at home (and at lunch) it's still Ray Dream. I know the package pretty well, or at least well enough to create what I want without having to wrestle with it too much. I think artists will continue to use it until the point where Macs (and PCs) evolve to the point that they don't support such "legacy" apps; and that's a ways away.

brenthomer ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2000 at 3:24 PM

Whats scary is @ the end of this year I plan on looking for a new package if Carrara's future isnt decided soon (publicly that is). Oddly enough the 2 apps I am looking at are truespace 5 and .....Ray Dream. Hehehe...Ray Dream looks like it has everything I am missing with Carrara and its outdatedness makes it the right price....seems so wrong to go backwards :) Of course if my plans fall thru for a non linear editor next year I will prob take that money and buy a nice high end modeler...like Miari...mmmmm ploydelicious.....

kupa ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 1:04 AM

Attached Link: http://www.curiouslabs.com

shhhh, Carrara isn't dead.... Good news to follow.... subscribe@curiouslabs.com Cooper Curious Labs

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 7:09 AM

Thanks Steve! Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

hoborg ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 2:27 PM

Brenthomer, I've used TrueSpace since v2. I thought it was excellent at the time. User interface was fantastic. But since then, I've actually needed to DO things with 3d. I stopped using TrueSpace at 4.3, since it just didn't have the right features and feel. For example, if you want to animate a texture, you have to apply the texutre THREE different times with THREE different tools. It's very easy to learn how TrueSpace works, but not HOW it WORKS; if that makes any sense. Just warning you: I don't presume to make the choice for you. Now, to look at this link.... Hoborg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.