Tue, Oct 22, 12:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: Your choice for new characters: P4 female and male or V3 and M3?

muralist ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 3:44 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:36 PM

I've created some new characters and conforming clothes. Which do you want: for the P4 male and female, or Daz' Michael3 and Victoria3?

RedHawk ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 4:57 AM

I'd like to register a vote in favor of Posette and the dork! V3 and M3 get all the cool stuff while the P4 people get ignored lately. Besides, I don't have M3 or V3...... ;)

<-insert words of wisdom here->

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 5:21 AM

I'd like both, but I'm just greedy. Ignore me. :)

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 6:06 AM

I would like them for the p4 male and female, too.

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 6:29 AM

While I understand the P4 sentiment, I haven't touched Posette in years and I've never done anything with Dork. I'd like for V3 and M3. Thank you very much for the offer, BTW!

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 7:26 AM

What FyreSpiryt said. Except I've never done anything with Posette, either. Bought Mike and Vicky even before I bought Poser!

cedarwolf ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 8:41 AM

Well, I've avoided purchasing the V3/M3 because of the expense, but I've got the V2/M2 and the posette/dork set-ups...I'll take those of they become available with deep thanks...

Neyjour ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 9:40 AM

I love my V3 and M3, so that would definitely be my choice. :)

"You don't know what we can see
Why don't you tell your dreams to me
Fantasy will set you free." - Steppenwolf

SeanMartin ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 9:41 AM

The basic figures have so much potential that was never properly explored; I'd push for them.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

mikes ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 9:52 AM

Don't forget the best of both worlds--the Posette/V3 hybrid.

Elsina ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 10:51 AM

M3 and V3 defenitely. Deleted Posette and Dork long ago.

My gallery @ Renderosity

TdaC ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 11:00 AM

I vote for posette and the dork too! I have tried newer models, but i allways end up using posette and the dork in the end any way. I think they're better!

Jackson ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 11:06 AM

I know you didn't ask about these, but what about David and Steph Petite? I hear they're supperior to M3 & V3 yet they don't seem to get much attention. If they're not an option, I'd vote M3 & V3.

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 11:15 AM

P4 or no mor than V1/2 and M1/2 please... I'm getting left behind! I will never have the computer or money for V3 and all those injection characters! I like the old P4 charaters just fine! My computer can actually handle them! thanks for asking!!

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 11:57 AM

Would prefer Vicky & Mike but I'm willing to give the P4 folks a chance if that's what the majority & you decide on. Thanks.

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 12:45 PM

Posette and Dawk.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 1:21 PM

I'd like them for characters that weren't mentioned... namely Judy/EJ and Don.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 1:27 PM

Dork, Posette, M3, and V3 have a lot of stuff already. Elle from polymage.com hardly has any support whatsoever and it would be great to see her with new skin textures and some more clothing...

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 4:02 PM

Posette and Dork would be fine. I think they're under-rated. I'm doing some P4 stuff myself, though maybe too entangled with other folk's work to release. OK, so I have Poser 5, and I've just bought Vicky 2. But V3 is probably going too far for this machine. Don/Judy are worth thinking about, I think.

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 4:36 PM

Darn, how could i forget about Don? He's so neglected it's not funny. If it weren't for PhilC's freebies and occasional raids on Mike's closet, the poor dear would be constantly shivering his what-nots off. Somebody take pity on him, please!

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 6:17 PM

I would vote for Dork and Posette seeing as V3/M3 have tons-o-stuff already. Also, I agree with PapaBlueMerlin that it would be good to see more stuff for the wonderful Elle.

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 6:20 PM

The Dork and Posette have plenty of clothing, but nothing new for quite a while, so the Dork and Posette fanciers will appreciate anything new and different for them. Don and Judy never got much of anything, so the few folks who like those two would appreciate anything. V3 and M3 have the most play at the moment, lots more for V3 than M3. So more people will actually use what you make for them. David and SP3 have damn little designed for them, even though, IMHO, they're the best of the figures out there. I'd certainly appreciate more for them. And don't forget Luke and Laura, who are in real danger fo the same thing that happened to the original Mill kids, no support. In other words, pick one, pick all, and someone will appreciate it.

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 6:37 PM

And then there's the Freak. Not a whole lot for him other than what's in the Bundle. And some underwear & socks in the PC stuff. Plus armour, which is all well and good but I'd like to see some nice "normal" clothes for him. Something I could dress him up and take him out dancing with Mike in ;-)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 11:26 PM

The P5 family first choice. Natalia second choice. The P4 family third choice. Steph1 fourth choice. Mike 2 fifth choice. Vicky 2 sixth choice. . . . If you get an earthmover, you might get down to V3 and M3 and somewhere under the rubble at the bottom of the pit is Freak. Carolly

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 3:37 AM

P4 male and female, any time, any day, any way. Thx, Tony

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

mickmca ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 7:22 AM

What Carolly said. I have M3 and V3. Never installed M3; installed V3, took one look at the footprint, saw what it did to my Poser libraries, and uninstalled it (with the Delete key, of course; if you are going to write a braindead installer, no point in writing a braindead uninstaller to go with it). I also have Dodger's Unimesh Posette, but haven't installed it yet. That looks very promising. I'm still saving up for the MFD for the MDog, a TOP Seller! at the new DAZ!!! ;) M

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 8:10 AM

Sheesh, folks! He said V3/M3 or the P4 characters. He probably doesn't have the others: P5 characters, Elle, Natalia, etc.

Though I'm sure if someone wants to buy him the figures, he'd be happy to make stuff for them... ;-)

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 9:49 AM

SeanMartin said: "The basic figures have so much potential that was never properly explored" Actually, they were used and explored extensively before Mike and Vicki came along. That's all we had to work with at one time, so everything was Posette and Dork. Some folks pushed them to an unbelievable level. And yes, with the right textures, even "Dork" can look good. I haven't used either of them in years. I work exclusively with the DAZ Millennium characters now. Melanie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.