Tue, Oct 22, 12:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: WIP - AJ as Croft - Feedback welcomed

shadownet ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 7:37 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:41 AM

file_141469.jpg

Well, after no luck finding a Angelina Jolie morph I liked, I decided to try my hand at making one myself. Please let me know what you think. Also any suggestions for improvement are welcomed. Still very much a work in progress. :O)

shadownet ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 7:42 PM

file_141470.jpg

Also, need better hair. I've not found any like I want yet, though some came close. If some one is willing to model and texture a decent looking hair style like AJ wore in the movie(s), I'd be glad to convert it to Poser, with morphs and such. :O)

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 7:50 PM

Gosh that looks great! Iknow that second image too, and I know exactly what you mean about hair. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month. ย Oh, and it's free!

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 8:00 PM
Online Now!

very good work. i found a laura croft morph once, but it was for v2 so i've never used it (i dont use v2). my only suggestion is thin out the lips some. her mouth is wider, lips aren't quite as thick. they're taller in the middle and much thinner on the sides. 8-) E.D.

shadownet ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 8:09 PM

E.D. - Thanks. I agree on the lips. That is the best I could get so far. Earlier attempts to thin them out, etc., have not looked right. Esther - about the hair - do you know what style that is called? It would help when browsing the marketplace if I knew what hairstyle I was looking for. LOL So far the closest thing I have found is the ultimate changing ponytail at DAZ and that is not really the same. Maybe some one will make that hair. Or model and texture it and let me convert it to Poser.

Stage_Rose ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 9:26 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_141471.jpg

There is the Ultra Salon hair from DAZ.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=149

It has two 'Lara looks' with it. Here's a pic. It's definitely a good investment, I use this hair a lot.

It also has a pose to swing the braid over her shoulder. It's for v2 but fits pretty well to V3 without any tweaking and works with Netherworks hair conversion kit nicely too.

milamber42 ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 9:36 PM ยท edited Sun, 14 November 2004 at 9:38 PM

You are really close with the morph too! The bottom lip needs to be a little less fat and more rounded at the bottom (I'm looking at the 8/3/2004 Rolling Stone cover as a reference -- http://www.whatevs.org/images/aj_newrs.jpg ). And the top lip just needs to be a tiny bit thinner. And AJ's neck is a little shorter.

Message edited on: 11/14/2004 21:38

shadownet ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 9:40 PM

Thanks Stage-Rose, that one's much closer. I will definitely keep this one in mind. Would still love to have hair like in the movie pic above though. Maybe I can coax someone into modeling it. I haven't got the knack for making hair mesh yet. :O)

shadownet ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 9:51 PM

milamber - thanks for the feedback - also thanks for the link. I can use all the reference pics I can find. :O)

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 10:02 PM

the hair is called a french plait or french braid. I do it for work sometimes but mine is a lot shorter. Still I guess I could do one and get danny to take a high res photo for texturing if that would help. Love esther PS when I do it, if I make a mistake I'm in trouble because my arms are too tired to do it more than once when I'm going to work.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month. ย Oh, and it's free!

shadownet ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 10:29 PM

Thanks, I will let you know on the pics. Now that I know what the hairstyle is called, I will check the net and see what I can find on that hairstyle. Maybe if I get a good feel for how it looks I will be able to figure out a way to model it.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 12:00 AM

If you look at the photo in message 2 her mouth is not really that big. The eyes are very good but the eyebrows are wrong some way.

Stage_Rose ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 9:41 AM

This might be more what you want:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=2270&cat=60

I don't own it myself (it's on my wishlist) but it looks closer to what you want. But, like you said, to get the exact look you might have to model it yourself or have someone else do it.

Here's a page devoted to French braids if you need a reference for what it looks like:
http://www.braidedimage.com/Pictures-of-Braids.html

shadownet ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 10:45 AM

Thanks xantor. I think the eyebrows protrude too much so I need to soften that. Was not sure about the eyes, but the upper part of the head seems off still. Maybe the eyebrows are what was bugging me only I could not put my finger on it. Yeah, the lips need more work too. :O) Stage Rose - yes, that hair is much closer. It might work if I can not find a french braid like in the pic. Also, thanks for the link to the hair braid page. This will definitely help. :O)

TigerD ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 12:33 PM

My advise? POST THIS TO FREESTUFF!!! If you do one with thinner lips, POST THAT TOO!!! Brilliant.

shadownet ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 12:50 PM

TigerD - When I get the morph right I planned to offer it in free stuff as a morph injection pose for V3. The texture I used here is from Nova by Gwendylon (sp?), so I can not share it. The AJ morph is from my dial tweaking and does not - for those who think Nova looks like AJ - use any of the Nova morph settings by Gwen (or anyone else who did a AJ morph). So, no plagerism (and hopefully no misunderstandings) there. :O) Really would love to have the frenchbraid hair to go with her. Hint hint hint to all you modelers out there. G

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 1:58 PM

There's a freebie Lara Croft out there -- I've seen it available on several sites, including Animotions. The props from that set, including hair, is worth a look. I don't recall which base figure it uses, but I think the look is derived more from the game than the movies.

shadownet ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 2:26 PM

IronBear has the Project Lara set for V2. Have it and it is nice, along with a couple other LC I found for posette. I wanted the AJ look, and you are correct those figures are more along the game line. Also none of the hair I've seen is what I wanted. I may convert some of the V2 Project Lara stuff over to V3 for my use. Pretty3D has a nice Movie Collection set for LC in the MP. I picked it up, and it is a pretty cool looking set. I am a bit bummed with the vendor though cause I emailed with a question and got no reply. Hate when that happens. Almost guarentees I will not buy anything else since that is a pet peeve of mine. Already blacklisted one pop vendor here on account of that exact same thing. Had a prob with a corrupt texture, emailed, and never got an answer. If all a merchant wants to do is sell stuff, and give no support when emailed, than I do not want to do business with them. Oh well, I am rambling. Will get off my soapbox now.

rrkknight3 ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 5:10 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=16455

Another braided hair is Brycetech's. It looks to be in need of a better texture/trans map, but that's substantially less work than a full model and texture map.

shadownet ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 7:50 PM

Thanks, always good to have options. Not sure how I missed seeing that one earlier. I thought I went through all the hair items in the MP.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2004 at 12:23 AM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=2270

here's another possiblity from vairesh

shadownet ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2004 at 12:30 AM

Thanks, Stage_Rose mentioned that one also. Have added it to my list. :O)

Ondoval ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2005 at 9:29 AM ยท edited Tue, 08 February 2005 at 9:39 AM

Excellent ! Well done.
I'm eager to see your works in free stuff or Marketplace ^^

Good job

Message edited on: 02/08/2005 09:39

For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication.
We have art in order not to die of the truth.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.