Tue, Oct 22, 4:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:57 pm)

Subject: Lets talk about animating violence >:D

saviornt ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 6:47 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:49 PM

subject says it all. after a week of rendering this simple walking animation, I'm wanting to do a bit more advanced animation.. cutting heads off, ripping bodies to shreds, just the typical stuff you'd see from a V2-3 half-human, 1/4 vampire, 1/4 demon would do against people that killed her hubby, or whatever the plot may be (yet to figure that out). FYI, working with Poser 5 for the characters, Vue4.2 + Mover5 for the background + city-type objects. For simple gashes / slashes, I was thinking about doing a material room animation of 2 textures + bump maps. The first would be the normal texture of the person, the 2nd would be the same texture, but with a deep slash across wherever. the bump maps would be animated from the default bump, to a bump map created from the gash texture, thus giving the appearance that yes, there is a very deep cut in the guys chest. any insights on that approach? or perhaps a better one? i'm also wanting to be able to dissect heads, arms, torso's. umm... perhaps ungrouping + moving the parts? but, uuh, umm.. can you do that in poser? i think i saw a way to do it, but it has been a VERY long time. anyone know if it is possible to achieve liquid splatter effects in poser? or would I have to do that through Vue (if its even possible through there).. if not, I could always post-produce it, though, it may seem a bit less "realistic". another thing is Mimic.. does anyone know how this software works for poser? like, do you type a sentence, then mimic tries its best to achieve that look? or, am I way off base here? oh, and one more thing if no one minds 8), is there a program or pose type thingamagig that allows V2 clothes to fit onto V3?

The Path of the Samurai only ends in death; such is the way of the warrior.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 7:25 PM

Hehe. You wanna go from creating a simple walk cycle right into complex two-person fighting sequences complete with dismemberment and beheadings? LOL! Ambitious. There's a "gore" pak out there somewhere... I think it's over on the Rotica site... that might help you get started. It's called "Davo's Gore" or something like that. It has dismembered body parts, lots of blood and gore stuff you can probably animate. Good luck!

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 9:31 PM

With mimic you use a sample for mimic to say the words, but typing them out too, helps.

Cimmerz ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 11:31 PM

The Tailor may be what you're looking for to fit V2 clothes on V3. I've never used it before, so someone else can correct me if I'm wrong and it doesn't do that.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=677

and the Tailor Update

http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=1396

WeirdJuice ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2004 at 3:58 AM

Attached Link: http://www.weirdjuice3d.com

Hi saviornt "anyone know if it is possible to achieve liquid splatter effects in poser? or would I have to do that through Vue (if its even possible through there).. if not, I could always post-produce it, though, it may seem a bit less "realistic"." MetaForm, available through Daz, will give you the ability to create and animate realistic liquid splatter. Our Website has various samples of MetaForms' capabilities if you wanted to have a look. We also have a growing number of tutorials on site as well. Hope this helps. Cheryl Weird Juice Software

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.